• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alternative to Lucas bore guide

cadjak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2003
Pecan Gap, TX
Arghh!!
mad.gif
Somewhere in my many storage spots are two Mike Lucas rod guides. I have spent two days looking for the one for my 700SA. I did find lots of cool things that I had forgotten I owned, but the rod guide is still MIA. I will have to just get on with it and order another one. I've read that Mike Lucas is not taking any more orders until March. (I don't want to start a buying panic, it's just something I read online.) I've emailed Mike and haven't heard back yet. IN CASE...what would be a good second choice? Neil Jones? or ???.
Thanks for the suggestions,

Re: Alternative to Lucas bore guide

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call me sacrilegious but I've had good luck with the Possum Hollow boreguides with solvent port.</div></div>

Happy to hear I'm not alone. This.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call me sacrilegious but I've had good luck with the Possum Hollow boreguides with solvent port. </div></div>

This. Worked fine for me.

If you want the absolute best cleaning rod guide, get the T.K. Nollan Barrel Saver.

It is insane expensive, but it is the Rolls Royce of its breed.

LRCampos.

When & why did Lucas stopped taking orders? I'm just curious? My orders with him shipped last month.

Nothing wrong with Possum Hollow and you can buy 3 or 4 for what a Lucas guide runs. I have a Lucas for my 700, but had a Possum Hollow for my SASS. Both do what they are supposed to do and both do them well. I only clean my rifle every few hundred rounds, so any bore guide that fits well will be sufficient.

I think Mike only stops taking order because of hunting season. He does it every year.

I use the white plastic ones from SinClair. I have never had a problem. Cheap too.

Possum Hollow +1
I orderd one from a vindor here, got the wrong one.
Called Possum Hollow to ask about the one I need.
He ask my add. Then said, I'm putting you one in the mail
W/ $3. For shipping. I told him... I didn't order it from him.
He said... It's my product and I take care of it. I recevied it w/ $3.
And a return envelop. He trust me to return the other. A stand up guy
In my book !
Wish more company's were like Possum Hollow!!

Just my experience.
M