• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Am I the only one who missed this?!

Had mine out again today. Guy with a NF 7-35 spent some time behind it and was thoroughly impressed with the glass. Definitely brighter than my XRS II and a larger FOV @30x.
If Eurooptic’s prices are correct I think it will be hard to beat.

Reactions: Sainte70
How did the NF compare to the Trijicon when both at 30x?

Any idea when the Trijicon is going to be released for the general public?

And which color reticle do y'all think is the better of the two for 24/7 shooting?

Website says late summer. Product manager I believe told me they were shooting for June, but I don't think that will happen.

I assume by reticle color you mean the illumination feature? The optic has both red and green illumination at varying intensities (1-5). I personally don't find much use for an illuminated reticle but having this scope I lean towards the green if I were to use it.

Hopefully Trijicon has great success with these scopes. I’d love for them to start making 3-15 and 2-10 etc with exposed mil turrets. They are really missing a market there.

And which color reticle do y'all think is the better of the two for 24/7 shooting?
Recently thought about this and think green would be better in environments near human influence. A lot more light sources at the warm end of the spectrum.

Last edited:

Trijicon has told us more specifically August arrival. We ordered all of them and and as Doogie noticed ours are priced very aggressively, and are able to be pre-ordered at that price --> TRIJICON 4.5-30 FFP

Doogie - good to hear you like it for the money - nice to have more options that are fully featured.

Is there any more information about the reticle? I’d like to see the dimensions and crosshair thickness.

So I've had my 4.5-30 FFP Mil flavor for a couple weeks now and I'm a big fan. Obviously everyone is going to compare this to the Vortex HD II 4.5-27. Having these set up on near identical rifles I believe the Trijicon is optically slightly better than the Vortex. To my eye, it's a more clear image and more forgiving to head position on awkward barricades. I like the turrets, clicks are crisp on both elevation and windage. My scope tracks accurately. I'm not a pro by any means, but I have spun the knobs a decent amount at the range, matches and in dry fire.

I think at the price point Trijicon the 4.5-30 may become the new most popular optic on the PRS series. I'm very, very pleased with mine!
IMG_1061.JPG

Reactions: LA260
I agree, the FFP version is really nice. I have mine on a JP 224 right now, and it works very well.

The 4.5-30 FFP will be just about perfect on my 6.5CM AR. Is the $1700-1800 an introductory price or that's what the street price is going to be?

Looks like the ~$1700 is street pricing. They have been available for a few weeks and there's a couple places that have them in stock now.

So I've had my 4.5-30 FFP Mil flavor for a couple weeks now and I'm a big fan. Obviously everyone is going to compare this to the Vortex HD II 4.5-27. Having these set up on near identical rifles I believe the Trijicon is optically slightly better than the Vortex. To my eye, it's a more clear image and more forgiving to head position on awkward barricades. I like the turrets, clicks are crisp on both elevation and windage. My scope tracks accurately. I'm not a pro by any means, but I have spun the knobs a decent amount at the range, matches and in dry fire.

I think at the price point Trijicon the 4.5-30 may become the new most popular optic on the PRS series. I'm very, very pleased with mine!
View attachment 6942772
Nice rifles! How do you like the reticle on Trijicon and how does it compare to the HDII reticle (if you have the EBR-2C)? Which one do you prefer?

I'm interested in how this compares to the Bushy XRS II moreso than the Vortex HDII. Same mag range at roughly the same length, weight, tube but with different objectives. Any thoughts?

Nice rifles! How do you like the reticle on Trijicon and how does it compare to the HDII reticle (if you have the EBR-2C)? Which one do you prefer?
I like both but to be fair the reticles are more or less the same in the Trijicon and the EBR-2C. Whether you prefer the open circle or the floating dot is a preference. The floating dot is quite small and does not obscure any target I have shot at yet. They both have the same wind holds (0.5 mil) along the center line. I'd prefer alternating 0.2 mil in both. Most of the other check boxes like useful reticle, accurate turret tracking, good turret feel, magnification range and weight are similar. The significant differences really are in the glass and specifically the clarity of the image and the more forgiving "eye box."

Apologies but I have not looked through or used a Bushnell XRS II.

I like both but to be fair the reticles are more or less the same in the Trijicon and the EBR-2C. Whether you prefer the open circle or the floating dot is a preference. The floating dot is quite small and does not obscure any target I have shot at yet. They both have the same wind holds (0.5 mil) along the center line. I'd prefer alternating 0.2 mil in both. Most of the other check boxes like useful reticle, accurate turret tracking, good turret feel, magnification range and weight are similar. The significant differences really are in the glass and specifically the clarity of the image and the more forgiving "eye box."

Apologies but I have not looked through or used a Bushnell XRS II.
Thanks. I like the floating dot reticles and currently have MR4. I would like to see the Trijicon ffp w/mil reticle live or at least see a picture of the actual reticle before I buy it.

Thanks. I like the floating dot reticles and currently have MR4. I would like to see the Trijicon ffp w/mil reticle live or at least see a picture of the actual reticle before I buy it.

I am digging it. Let me see if I can get an actual pic for you and then figure out how to upload it.

Crappy photos but, it is about the best I can get with an iphone jammed up the scope. The reticle is very crisp and the glass very clear. I can see the feathers on small sparrows on a cell phone tower over 1/2 mile from my house.

Reactions: LA260
Crappy photos but, it is about the best I can get with an iphone jammed up the scope. The reticle is very crisp and the glass very clear. I can see the feathers on small sparrows on a cell phone tower over 1/2 mile from my house.
Awesome! Thanks. Can you let me know which pic is on x30?

I'm interested in how this compares to the Bushy XRS II moreso than the Vortex HDII. Same mag range at roughly the same length, weight, tube but with different objectives. Any thoughts?

Own the XRSII and the Trijicon, no comparison the Trijicon wins across the board. Brighter and clearer glass. Smoother adjustments. Illumination. Price.

The only kicker would be if you have to have a Horus reticle. Not an option with the Trijicon. Personally finding the H59 to be a bit cluttered.

Ordered the FFP MRAD version today for my AR. Always been happy with Trijicon stuff (RMR, ACOG and sights) and I'm pretty sure I will like this scope as well from what I've seen so far.

Just picked up the mrad one. The glass is really clear, the windage knob is not as crisp as the elevation, but it's not so bad that it's a problem, just a little different. Taking it to the range this weekend, I'll post how it does.

.. the windage knob is not as crisp as the elevation....

Noticed the same thing. Contacted their product manager and he said loosening the cap helps some. I didn't feel it made a difference, but then change guns and zero, and it does feel better now. So something to try.

Reactions: Runnineh
Same here with the windage turret. It got better but still not the same as elev turret. . I think some of it has to do with the fact that it's smaller than the elev turret, but i just zeroed it put the cap back on and haven't touched it since. Other than that I'm really loving this scope so far.

Same here with the windage turret. It got better but still not the same as elev turret. . I think some of it has to do with the fact that it's smaller than the elev turret, but i just zeroed it put the cap back on and haven't touched it since. Other than that I'm really loving this scope so far.

I picked up a Vortex 4-16x50 PST gen 1 and put it on my LWRC REPR, when I sat my two rifles next to each other and compared the glass....let’s just say that as much as I like Vortex, there was absolutely ZERO comparison.

PST gen 1? Yeah if the Trijicon didn't have better glass than he PST Gen 1 I would've returned it the same day.

PST gen 1? Yeah if the Trijicon didn't have better glass than he PST Gen 1 I would've returned it the same day.

Completely agree. The Trijicon is my first foray into the world of scopes. I grabbed the Vortex because of the price etc...

Mounted my scope and I just could not seem to get the cross hairs to level. I went to our range master, a retired Army Sniper today. We used two different level sets and could not get them to level. We finally determined that the reticle is slanting down to the left,

When I got home, I dismounted the scope and sat the flat part of the main body on top of a level. Once completely level, I then placed a level on top of the elevation turret and leveled that. When I looked thru the scope, the cross hairs were definitely leaning to the left....and not by a little!

When I leveled the crosshairs by eye, the level was bubble up all the way to one end.

Since I bought the scope back in June, I now have to return it to Trijicon...oh well. They have been good to me in the past, hope they remain so now. I have no reason to believe they won't continue with their excellent customer service.

I am VERY disappointed in this scope's failure because I bought it based 100% on Trijicon reputation and my experience with them.

@Sainte70 besides the canted reticle. How did the glass look? Do you have anything else to compare it to?

Mounted my scope and I just could not seem to get the cross hairs to level. I went to our range master, a retired Army Sniper today. We used two different level sets and could not get them to level. We finally determined that the reticle is slanting down to the left,

When I got home, I dismounted the scope and sat the flat part of the main body on top of a level. Once completely level, I then placed a level on top of the elevation turret and leveled that. When I looked thru the scope, the cross hairs were definitely leaning to the left....and not by a little!

When I leveled the crosshairs by eye, the level was bubble up all the way to one end.

Since I bought the scope back in June, I now have to return it to Trijicon...oh well. They have been good to me in the past, hope they remain so now. I have no reason to believe they won't continue with their excellent customer service.

I am VERY disappointed in this scope's failure because I bought it based 100% on Trijicon reputation and my experience with them.

I just saw this post and immediately checked mine, turned out good. Like you I went with it because of the name. Hopefully the one you got just happened to pass through the cracks. Have you dealt with their customer service yet?

No excuse for canted reticles. How can any QA/QC process not involve orienting the scope vertically against a grid and checking to see if it is in spec?

You mean like a new truck that is missing oil pan bolts? :D Shit happens and humans being involved can screw up anything....

I called Trijicon And they immediately sent me a return authorization number which stated it may be 2 to 4 week turnaround. I still trust their company as I’ve had many good experiences with them in the past and they have always treated me right

No excuse for canted reticles. How can any QA/QC process not involve orienting the scope vertically against a grid and checking to see if it is in spec?

It happens all the time with quite a few brands. Leupold Mark 4 line used to be famous for it, but I have seen it with many other bands as well.

I called Trijicon And they immediately sent me a return authorization number which stated it may be 2 to 4 week turnaround. I still trust their company as I’ve had many good experiences with them in the past and they have always treated me right

Trijicon makes a good product, but I have yet to have a good CS experience with them. So much so, that I will not own a Trijicon product. Now, I have a lot of respect for their products and for the things the company does. However, when they have a design issue, they have a nasty habit of never admitted they screwed up. It sound like they do better with QC issues and they are treating you well.

ILya

Then I have to ask, how does a single occurrence with this scope/brand get labelled as "common"?

Apparently comprehension is pretty fucking fundamental as well.

Sometimes all you can do is chuckle and some of the numbnut responses on the interwebs... Smh :p