• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amazon (AWS) Down

MosesTheTank

Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
SC
Anyone else on AWS? They are down (at least a big chunk in an important area) and it is causing an absolute shit storm, but nothing in the news. British Telecom lines are also dark. Several hours now. I cannot figure out why this is not making headlines.

Root issue looks to be in Virginia but it is affecting the whole country. Everything sensitive (NSA, Quantico) in DC is dark.

Their retail services are wholly separate.

Last edited:
Well, considering recent events, it's not surprising... ;)

AWS is back up. They sustained some kind damage and 40% of their allotted annual down time happened today.

This happened last year and they revamped their disaster recovery, kissed the asses of a lot of executives and politicians after much of the east coast went dark.

Whatever shitty IT consulting firm .gov uses (Booz Allen?) were going kind of crazy. Which lightens my mood

Last edited:
US-EAST-1 lost one of its peering points because of power issues. This caused CoreSite and Equinix (Ashburn) Direct Connect to lose connectivity to US-EAST-1.

Finally got my workstation operational again. Bad update broke some shit.

Took a look at some VOIP servers in us-east-1a and we seem to have completely dodged that bullet. None of 'em had shitty enough stats to warrant automatic removal from the pool.

Again, so sorry, guys. Seems like every time I take a vacation or am otherwise not at-the-ready the whole world falls apart. I think it's some kind of quantum entanglement I've got going on with the gremlins in the system. Now if I could just figure out how to bend them to my will....