• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater American Spitfire Pilot over Berlin 1944

Great story. My mom always said my Grandfather flew Spitfires as an American in WW2, but he died before I was born so I will probably never know the whole story.

Added bonus is that I too am from San Bernardino County just like Doc.

I can remember as a kid getting mine and my family's picture made from a photographer in the little town that we lived. I had known this man and his wife all my years of growing up there. I didn't know until my adult years that this individual had flown Spitfires with the "Eagle Squadron" in the early years of WWII. When the U.S. entered the war, he was re-trained to fly B-17's and became a co-pilot on a Superfortress by the name of....."Memphis Belle." When all this became apparent to me, I had a 100 questions for him but he passed away before I got to ask them. His name was (Capt.) Vernon "Shine" Parker and a hero of the highest order in my eyes.

Thanks for posting this. It was excellent. One of my wife's patients is a 95 year old pilot from the Eagle Squadron who flew in the Battle of Britain and later with the 8th Air Force. Fortunately we have been able to spend a lot of time together over the years and he has some amazing stories. I am going to show him this and I know he will get a kick out of it. What a generation. May God bless them all.