• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater American Spitfire Pilot over Berlin 1944

Great story. My mom always said my Grandfather flew Spitfires as an American in WW2, but he died before I was born so I will probably never know the whole story.

Added bonus is that I too am from San Bernardino County just like Doc.

I can remember as a kid getting mine and my family's picture made from a photographer in the little town that we lived. I had known this man and his wife all my years of growing up there. I didn't know until my adult years that this individual had flown Spitfires with the "Eagle Squadron" in the early years of WWII. When the U.S. entered the war, he was re-trained to fly B-17's and became a co-pilot on a Superfortress by the name of....."Memphis Belle." When all this became apparent to me, I had a 100 questions for him but he passed away before I got to ask them. His name was (Capt.) Vernon "Shine" Parker and a hero of the highest order in my eyes.

Thanks for posting this. It was excellent. One of my wife's patients is a 95 year old pilot from the Eagle Squadron who flew in the Battle of Britain and later with the 8th Air Force. Fortunately we have been able to spend a lot of time together over the years and he has some amazing stories. I am going to show him this and I know he will get a kick out of it. What a generation. May God bless them all.