• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater America's "Top Shot" on History channel

Re: America's "Top Shot" on History channel

Survivor with guns. I guess this is showing the dumbing down of America. If a show doesn't follow the Survivor template, its toast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How the "Kid" could wind up having to keep himself on the show after the first day of shooting, when he didn't do anything to warrant it, shows that this show isn't about determining who's the Top Shot.....it's another stupid social behavioral reality show. </div></div>

They used Kelly as the eliminator. They wanted Mike out of there so they picked Kelly because he could deliver the goods.

Well, I still like kelly even though he disrespected the old guy. He is only 22 years old and probably didn't know how to respond or something. Any ways, I think its kind of interesting to see how the military guys have kinda banded together and I share their distain for the Brad, he is a rill whiner.

CJG

I hate the drama thats evoled on the show. It started off good, now its all about who hates who, backtalking and trash talking. I will keep watching because.....well like all Americans, I am bored and like drama. I cant stand Brad, he has an excuse for everything, and is always blaming the equipment for his misses. Bill, the most recent to get the boot, needed to pull the thorn branch out of his ass. He was sore that the "kid" (cant remember his name) said something disrespectful about his ex-wife. He is the one who decided to divulge personal info, and to a kid who obviously isnt very mature. Now you wanna play tough guy to the kid cause he is soft and impressionable, get over yourself. I like the retired cop, he had character. The black guy seems unhappy, and passively waiting to get into it with someone. I feel bad for the guy in the cowboy hat. He is playing Switzerland and each person is asking him to side with them. The kid has a good team oriented attitude, he just needs to mature a bit.

There is no drama on the blue team since they are all winning. In their eyes they all produce. When the loose one you will see similar reactions.

What the kid said was actually pretty funny. No doubt I'm an asshole and the kid immature but it was witty.

All this talk about how mature the kids is just a load of crap. If Kelly hadn't of said I SURE WOULD HAVE.

As for the RED team, Kelly is displaying the the most maturity level with all weapons so far. When Kelly steps to the line he is in the zone. Their is nothing but the weapon in his hand and the brief instruction he was given to master it.

The BLUE has some members like Mike, Bill and Brad. They will come to light as their team loses.

But for now, GO KELLY.

I wasn't a huge fan of Kelly but now I am. As far as immaturity I would argue the opposite, it takes years of trading zingers to gain the experience necessary to crack one off like that
wink.gif

Bill, claims the Ex Marine tag, but if he is that sensitive over someone cracking a joke about his ex wife, maybe he was in a laundry platoon
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no drama on the blue team since they are all winning. In their eyes they all produce. When the loose one you will see similar reactions.
</div></div>

I see that also. The BLUE team are winners, but I am sure they will lose at something.

As for Brad, he is a whiner, but everytime he has been picked for a shoot off with other people they have fallen and been sent home.

Well now that the bow and arrow challenge is over and it seems that next week it will be the AR it should get good, at least the shooting part will.

Keep in mind that on reality shows, the editorial defines a skewed window into what really happened. Often footage and audio is mixed around from different time frames to create a mood or emotion. Things can be shown out of order and dialog completely omitted to create an impression that is not at all accurate.

In other word, take all of the drama with a grain of salt.

Here's a good, and comedic, example of what I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI

Its good to hear Im not the only Kelly fan. Like was pointed out, we havent really seen too much of the blue team because they havent been in the challenges so im sure there is some good guys in there too. But so far, kelly has done pretty good on weapons he doesnt have much experience with. I think he will probably suck on the practice for the AR15 but will probably do ok in competetion. He seams like someone who can learn from mistakes and make proper adjustments to get the job done. The marine sniper reservist on the red team seams cool too.

Here is a little article about some of kelly's accomplishments:
http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/200...-championships/

CJG

I've met Brad. He joined us for dinner after last year's CA State IDPA match, which he took 2nd overall while wearing a suit and tie for the entire match. Nice guy, wasn't a whiner like on the show. Maybe that's his strategy since it is a reality TV show.

This show is gayer than barrel of dicks. Kelly is a good shooter though, and hopefully him, or the JJ guy on the blue team will win.

I was unfortunate enough to sit through one episode of this. What a bag of shit. How can you take something so awesome (shooting stuff) and make it such a pile of bullshit? I won't waste my time watching a second episode.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK it should be coming on later tonight. I hope the RED team wins one event if not they are going to run out of team mates. At least tonight they will be shooting AR's.
cool.gif
</div></div>
Look's like you got your wish. Blue team is cracking. Go big red. They have been forged in the fire and are stronger for it.

Red is standing fast (classic oxymoron). Adam's (and perhaps Iain's) avarice may sink Blue. Blue may have better shooters, on the whole, but Red is a stronger team.
I think Andre's pinwheel bullseye at 50 yds. crushed Blue's morale.
Knock 'em down, Red

Top Shot is one of the best things out there to promote firearm sports to the unwashed masses.

Anyone who thinks they could shoot better needs to contact the History Channel and sign up. There are plenty of armchair quarterbacks here that will judge you for better or worse. ; )

A-chair Q-backs here? Never...well, okay...maybe a few mall ninjas and such. For the most part I think the show is a good thing for the shooting sports and firearms in general, even Colby D's sneering and overbearing announcer voice is tolerable, in small doses. Of the different stages they've shot I would like to try the zipline, the swinging plates, the Kentucky Long Rifle and the rope/guillotine shoot. It all looks fun aside from the drama, real or manufactured, though I will say that other "assisted" reality shows seem much more labored and histrionic. Rivalries are taken care of by indirect dueling, end of rivalry. Mouth heroes have to hit the mark or walk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the most part I think the show is a good thing for the shooting sports and firearms in general, </div></div>

This is how I see this show. There are other things going on behind the scenes, but it is what it is. Take the show with a grain of salt. Remember it is just a TV show.

Some one needs to design the show way better. My opinion Nancy Polisi or Michelle Obama set up the challenges.

Next time they need to consult people who shoot guns.

I watched a few episodes the one guy shoots his mouth off about being a IPSC grand master, he is a cry baby and needs to get a grip real shooters can just about handle any weapon. He is like a woman with starter tits grow up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd like to know what the selection criteria is, and how to apply for top shot 2. </div></div>

To apply, email [email protected] with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is August 12, 2010. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on “CASTING” or call 818-478-4570 for more information TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

Did everybody catch Andre's ND on his first shot with the revolver during the competition last night? It could happen to anyone, I'll admit that I'm guilty of doing it, but I think it should have been addressed.

Competition is one thing, on camera for the whole country to see has to be another, but I am not impressed with what I have seen on this show.

- Loud

Yup. I caught that and the fact that he has no clue as to how to play poker.

The real problem is the "reality show" component. There should be no voting off whatsoever. If they insist on continuing team challenges in the next season , each individual shooter should be scored as well. Lowest score on the previous event, or lowest cumulative score to that point goes home.

No politics, no voting, no bullshit. You want to stay, outshoot everyone. Someone needs to go home, worst overall shooter leaves. It should be a 100% about the shooting, and seeing who is the "Top Shot" from a group of generally lackluster and unimpressive shooters overall from what I saw.

That show is hot garbage.

It's not ment to be a true shooting competition, It's TV ........drama and BS....... but for the chance at 100 grand I'd play their game.

Hey Zeroed -- I'm pretty certain one of those "unimpressive, lackluster" shooters , J.J. Racaza, shoots at the Old Bridge, NJ gun club. Maybe you can mosey down there, thump his ass at a match, and share the results with us here on the Hide. Maybe even get some video; now that would be sweet!

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titandriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Zeroed -- I'm pretty certain one of those "unimpressive, lackluster" shooters , J.J. Racaza, shoots at the Old Bridge, NJ gun club. Maybe you can mosey down there, thump his ass at a match, and share the results with us here on the Hide. Maybe even get some video; now that would be sweet!

Rich </div></div>

Key words being:
"generally": Without implying specifics, and not based on any 1 individual
"Overall" : Once again, a description of an average, or a description of a group as a whole

Key phrase:
"from what I have seen" Implies I have not seen the entire season, and/or I am not familiar with all of the shooters on a personal level.

You challenge my shooting abilty, without any mention or statement by me that I could do any better myself. For the reasons listed above, it would seem fair to challenge your reading comprehension skills and grasp of the english language.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titandriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Zeroed -- I'm pretty certain one of those "unimpressive, lackluster" shooters , J.J. Racaza, shoots at the Old Bridge, NJ gun club. Maybe you can mosey down there, thump his ass at a match, and share the results with us here on the Hide. Maybe even get some video; now that would be sweet!

Rich </div></div>

Called you out!

nelson_ha_ha.jpg

Maser, Nobody, Doorkicker, Buttercup and 45Gecko will be on the next show (i wish)

Zeroed -- I readily admit to being just a dumb ol' country boy from the sticks of Wyoming, not blessed with your obvious grasp of the language and comprehension skills. I merely made a sarcastic suggestion that you make the relatively short trip from Farmington to Old Bridge so you can gauge, in person, just how unimpressive and lackluster one of the cast members skills are in actual competition. Might be an eye-opener for you!

Never called your shooting skills into question. Hell, you might actually enjoy the competition and become a veritable "Top Shot" yourself, if you're not already one!

I do not know about anyone else that has been watching the show, but the RED team is going to run out of members. Pretty soon the BLUE team will be shooting aganist each other.

Also every time that RED team has to pick someone to sit out a challenge they pick one of the better shooter on the BLUE team.

Titan:
I also stand corrected. I made a general statement that could be interpreted as disrespectful. I do recognize the skill of the competitors, including some who have world class credentials. I dont bill myself as a Top Shot, but I saw 20 plus rounds dumped at a roughly 8MOA target at 100 yards, and multiple shooters seem to have serious difficulty in the shooting gallery event. I have not seen the whole series, but I was unimpressed with the overall level of competition that I saw. While certain individuals seem to to completely outclass the others and show immense talent, I seem to see a huge disparity from top to bottom. I spoke in generalities, and that was my mistake.

Zeroed -- might check out www.uspsa.org and see if there are any three gun/multi-gun, or plain ol' practical pistol matches in your area or maybe close by. Hell, you may already compete in them for all I know, but you'll definitely get to see some mad skills when guys get to use their own weapons! Probably what "Top Shot" should have been like.

Red team, back in the comfort zone, with their backs to the wall. It seems the series has been weighted toward pistols to me. Short distances, speed shooting, not really suited to the red team but Kelly seems to be hanging in despite these odds...and being to the Elimination stage twice. He looks to be the strongest contender. He's done more shooting than most or any of the other competitors and under more pressure keeping his wits intact. Blake, Iain, and Peter are contenders. JJ, failed under pressure (Kentucky rifle) and Adam's backstabbing machinations. Adam, mouth hero, oust candidate. Tara, dark horse, not really tested under pressure, like elimination. Now, if they can just get some more long shots and maybe even some ranging in the mix.

I watched one episode and thats all I could stomach.
The whinning from these guys makes me want to vomit.
Im sure these guys(woman) are good but some of them have egos bigger than mansion they are staying at.
If it wasnt such a reality type show and just show shooting and not "Billys not talking to me cause I talked about his ex-wife"
"Im IPSC grand master Im not suppose to be competeing with a bow and freaking arrow!"
"I hate that little punk, I want him eliminated"
That got old too quick for me.

I DVR this show and only watch the shooting parts. It's real boring. I dont care about the B.S. that happens in the house that they are all living in during the show.

Watched the first few, but have better things to do now than setting threw a made for TV, bitch fest.

I hope Kelly wins the thing. He is the executioner of the show! Thank heavens they are competing as singles now. Hopefully they will get scored and the worst ones go first.

anyone notice the lack of 1911's on the show?
shotgun and pistols have been Beretta. maybe they are the sponser.

I schedule my entire week around 9pm Sunday night.............ok not really

Im glad Kelly has nailed his competitors out of the elimation challenges so far... i think his team has given him a hard time on multiple occasions. I actually feel sorry for him as it seems the blue team would have been better off with him.

Clearly the red teams lack of members is evidence of a lack of cohesion, skill and the right decision making.

Kelly has the momentum going into the balls out, every meat sack for himself phase of this goat n' pony show. Chris Cerino was very impressive as a long distance framer/carpenter. Best quote - Chris, "I nailed it."
Who must go:
Denny - poser-deluxe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who must go:
Denny - poser-deluxe
</div></div>

Consider it done, I cant for the life of figure how he made it this far.
shocked.gif

Rock on Kelly!