• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater America's "Top Shot" on History channel

Re: America's "Top Shot" on History channel

Just spent the evening with Chris and 100+ of his friends and family to watch the show. Cool thing is Kelly stopped in and watched with us as well.

I have known Chris for several years now and have always said he is a guy I would want by my side in a gun fight. He is the real deal warrior. Fit, smart, tactical, always learning and one hell of a shooter. To hear some of you spout off like the challenge was some kind of cake walk is hilarious. There was a serious element of pressure and stress on both shooters outside of just shooting. I am sure anyone of us could complete the challenge but to do it in front of people, being taped for national TV and for a $100K prize you are going to make some mistakes.

It is easy to sit on the sidelines and talk a good game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">America's Top Shot is a Brit...LOL

Nice job to Cerino he held hard and took it to the wire.

</div></div>

Yeah, it only took 250 years for a Brit to win a war on this side of the pond...Go England.

was entertaining, i watched them all i might add. think if Chriss coulda hit the bow an arrow a round or two quicker, or arrow or two quicker he'd of had, good shootin by both though, down to the wire was awsome, not a blowout like the pistol stuff at the beginning of the episode

Once I learned that Chris had an SH connection, I was rooting for him. He did a damn fine job, and though he went home without the $100k, he should be proud of his accomplishments.

My hope was for Pete to pull through and win it..but I would have settled for Chris...How did a brit come and win Americas Top shot....lol

Wheres the "Smug" smiley when you need one???
grin.gif

Maybe we can get a rally going to get Chris to hop on here and say a few words now that the competition is over. I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in wanting to congratulate him on his performance.......he seems to be a hell of a dude and an excellent marksman!! The fellas in the final 4 were all great marksmen and any of them could have won any other day of the week. Iain just happened to be the best that day.

Kelly

Spent Sunday evening enjoying the show with a few of our local shooting sports enthusiasts some you might recognize. Iain is a hell of a good guy and has represented our local shooting community very well. I am appreciative of having had the fortune of being there to share in the moment.

I think the show has helped bring the shooting sports further into the mainstream and encourage others to get involved in it. I must say the group of competitive shooters in my neck of the woods are GREAT people for sure.

A few photos a friend took as I only brought my phone/camera with me. BTW: Iain did pick up the bar tab. What more could you ask for? A great time with great friends.

Tara and Caleb also dropped in as well.

I'm not in the photos nor am I close friend of Iain. I'm just a local guy who belongs to a great shooting community.

f116bc70.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">
Borrowed photo from a friend</span>. It was a surprise for Iain when Kara showed up.
f77ec0dc.jpg

Learning that Iain has become "Top Shot"

Just curious if I'm the only one who was irritated by Peters attire on the final show. I thought he looked like a clown and his pants were inappropriate especially for a Marine. Just my .02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: angsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious if I'm the only one who was irritated by Peters attire on the final show. I thought he looked like a clown and his pants were inappropriate especially for a Marine. Just my .02 </div></div>

What's wrong with having a little fun?

When anyone runs across these guys, tell them the hide says job well done.

Both ian and chris are great marksmen and good guys. I, for one, appreciate what they went through to entertain us. They were both great representatives of this community.

Congrats to ian and hella good job Chris.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe we can get a rally going to get Chris to hop on here and say a few words now that the competition is over. </div></div>

That's a good idea. Mike and Brad have already posted on another forum about there time on the show.

Congras to Ian.

I made it to second place. It was a good time. We were all worried how they were gonna pull it off but it seems like they did a good job at bringing families and non gun people to the tv. Chris C

Not great but way better than the other crap on T.V.
I would like to see more dynamic drills and less knives or slingshoot stuff on next season.

I gotta go to a Boy Scout meeting in an hour but I'd love to come back later and fill in some of the blanks for you all. I appreciate the nice comments and support. And yes, Iain was a super guy and I really enjoyed being in the finals with him. CC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCmasher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made it to second place. It was a good time. We were all worried how they were gonna pull it off but it seems like they did a good job at bringing families and non gun people to the tv. Chris C</div></div>

Chris,

Glad to see you stop by, you did an great job on the show, and took it to the wire.

Thanks for taking the time to post on here for all of us Chris. I enjoyed the entire season of the show and the finale didn't disappoint! You proved to everybody that not only could you talk the talk, you could walk the walk. You were a hell of a competitor and yet very humble about your skills. I said earlier that any of the final four could have won the entire competition on any given day, that day it just happened to be Iain's. Be proud of your entire performance on the show, and enjoy whatever it may bring. I remember you saying on the show that you wanted people to look at you and say "I would like to learn how to shoot from this guy" well, I think most people would happy to be in such good company.

Congrats to you and all the participants on a job well done. Don't be a stranger on the Hide!

Kelly

I really had a good time with the whole thing. Iain a great person and a friend. Unfortunately I think it is obvious in the end challenge that I was JUST HAVING TOO MUCH FUN! I did not have a combat mindset or my battle face on. Probably because of the fun part. I would have lost to any one of the final 4. JJ is just about as honorable and nice a person as you could ever want to hang with. Pete is just freakin' crazy. As crazy as he is is is a kind and pragmatic person. I accomplished more than my goal of just not being the first person eliminated. I was in all 10 episodes and every challenge. Yeah, my head was up my ass in the finale but I truly have no regrets. It's nice to hear guys on this forum who aren't just bashing the show for being candy assed. It was goofy at times and some challenges and weapons were f'ed up. But we all had a blast trying to stick around long enough to see what the next challenge was. I got to drive nails on national TV in front of god and everyone. I got to challenge my self and my marksmanship skills and fronted my abilities to the world knowing that I could end up a laughing stock. It was a risk. I'm glad I did it. I recommend it to anyone on here. A lot of good training and a little luck made me go far. Kelly was even in the area shooting the national matches in Camp Perry last weekend and drove over the the local bar to celebrate with us. Man the little girls and moms went nutz!. It was a hoot. CC

Overall a very entertaining show. Looks like a great time. Congrats on your performance, I was rootin for ya! People can say what they will from the sidelines but I suspect a lot of that stuff was very challenging. Good job.

I'd imagine that Tara's dad got better-'cause someone's got her eyes in that pic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd imagine that Tara's dad got better-'cause someone's got her eyes in that pic! </div></div>

I could be wrong but i believe after the final episode when they were saying were and what everyone from the cast was doing, i could have sworn that it said her dad had passed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd imagine that Tara's dad got better-'cause someone's got her eyes in that pic! </div></div>

I could be wrong but i believe after the final episode when they were saying were and what everyone from the cast was doing, i could have sworn that it said her dad had passed. </div></div>

I did not hear it directly from her, but at the final show party when she arrived I did hear that he did pass away.

I was wrong. Obviously. There's more to reality TV than just psychological gobbledygook. The production may be fantasy, but the people are clearly the real deal. For all his I apologize.

Bravo, and brava.

The viewers got some good TV after all.

The shooters made a positive mark.

I'll say it again, I was wrong.

Greg

Hats off to all of the Shooters on Top Shot, and thanks to Chris for taking the time to say hello on the Hide.

The show was not what I was looking for, but that is "reality TV" for you. Can't fault the Shooters for that, I think they all did a great job given what they had to deal with.

Hopefully things will get better with Season #2.

Thanks again and best of luck,
M Richardson

PS: there is a "Put Tara on Season #2" effort underway if anyone is interested.
Put Tara on Season #2 Facebook Group

Sorry to hear of her loss, she definitely made the right call then. Must be her brother in the pic.

All in all, if "reality" shows and spin cycle news is all thats going to be available, at least they are getting into better subject matter and hopefully improve with time.

Congratulations Chris. Sir , you conducted yourself as a consumate professional throughout the entire event. OOORAH

Congratulation Chris. You seem to be a real stand up guy. I was hoping you would win. I think that anything that promotes the sport even if the TV production end may be a little "Hollywood" is a good thing. I will be watching season 2. I wish you the best of luck. My condolences to Tara. Loosing a parent whether expected or not is devastating. I would hope she could get in on Show 2.

is.php

Well done guys - chapeau ! I look forward to watching it over here in 2013 once we get through the final series of TJ Hooker !

In most of these reality-style shows they 'cast for diversity', which is a production euphemism for casting people who will argue and fight with each other to create drama.

The competitors on this first season of Top Shot, for the most part, appeared gracious and sportsmanlike.

I think Chris, Iain, Peter, Tara and JJ did an execllent job of countering the mass-media myth that shooters are awkward socially-backward simpletons.

Good job to all, and thank you for a postive step forward for the competitive shooting community!

I think if Kelly hadn't of gone first on the stage before the finals he definitely would have been much better.

I got this from a discussion on another board, but a good twist to Ian being a Brit....is that it is actually a great American story.

A Brit moved here to live and shoot!

Team America...Fuck Yeah!

Chris,

First we want to say thank you for being a part of that show. It was all good to watch.

Second, I want to say thank you for coming on here, and talking to us about it. It just steps this place up another notch. Any other contestants coming by?

Thirdly, is just a repeat of what I've said from the beginning. The show, for us up here, was an excellent introduction to the shooting sports. There are so many "of them" that only see firearms as bad, disease-carrying, evil entities of their own.

And it is to THOSE general masses (the sheeple) to whom this show is best directed. We applaud all of your efforts.

There are definite high-points of the show, and there are some definite 'low-points' of the show. Each viewers individuality will dictate what those are, and not everyone will agree.

But good job, and if ever the opportunity arises, the first rounds are on me. So when are ya'll going on Tour, and bringing it up through Canada?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">America's Top Shot is a Brit...</div></div>

Well of course he is Old Chap.

When will you Colonials ever learn?

N

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wrong. Obviously. There's more to reality TV than just psychological gobbledygook. The production may be fantasy, but the people are clearly the real deal. For all his I apologize.

Bravo, and brava.

The viewers got some good TV after all.

The shooters made a positive mark.

I'll say it again, I was wrong.

Greg </div></div>

Greg,

It takes a BIG man to admit he is wrong, especially on here.

But then, I <span style="font-style: italic">ALWAYS</span> knew your character, Big Man.

Neil

I held off making a comment until the season ended. At first I was a little disappointed. Some of it was hokey, some of it wasn't "shooting" (bows, knives, and so on) but I could see the 'marksmen' connection. Honestly, I kind of want to learn to throw knives now. It looks like fun. I didn't care for the "reality t.v." drama (if I heard "rat fink" one more time I thought I was going to puke). I hurt for the lady whose father was dying, BTDT.

I thought the weapon selection could have been better. At times it felt like I was watching a Beretta commercial. The distances did not seem that difficult considering the size of the targets (for the rifle portion). Some of the pistol targets seemed pretty damn small. I think the real difficulty came in by the added pressure of not shooting in your comfort zone, knowing you could get sent home, you're on t.v., and let's face it $100,000 is a lot of money.

What I did like was it wasn't about shooting tiny groups. Don't get me wrong, that has it's place but how many non-shooters would watch it. For that matter, how many shooters would watch other BR guys. More often than not if they missed someone could beat them. I also had to remind myself that certain shooting sports are not very spectator friendly. Someone who knows very little about shooting would get bored watching them punch paper but jars of colored water, marbles, panes of glass and stuff look cool when hit and you can do that slow-motion camera stuff. I do think they should have pointed out you need to clean up after yourself if you shoot targets that aren't biodegradable. The last thing I want to find at the range is a bunch of broken mason jars or light bulbs or whatever someone found in the trash.

The last two episodes were more along the lines of what I expected from the start. The shooters were on their own. If they didn't beat the other guy they lost. It's a simple concept. Additionally, they seemed to have a fairly good mix of rifle and pistol. If it was one or the other you've got a glorified rifle match. I would have liked to have seen more shotgun events fliers, movers, static, etc. to disprove the movie myth that "you can't miss with a shotgun".

I think the show is decent. It introduces shooting to people who may have never thought about it or had a negative idea of it. For the most part, the contestants got along with each other much better than most of the BS competition shows. It seemed like there was a lot less bickering, backstabbing, etc. compared to Survivor and the like. Granted I only watched a couple of those so I don't know for sure. Another thing I noticed was every one of the people that got eliminated were gracious. I don't think you'll see "Top Shot, Bad vs. Good Guys" anytime in the near future.

Keep in mind, it is what it is... Entertainment. Bottom line, it beats the hell out of 'Jersey Shore'!

Just my .02 YMMV

Kellywatch update-
Finished in the top 10 at Camp Perry w/1231-58x (out of 1250 possible). Of special note: Kelly finished 3rd in the Palma Individual Match, 447-27x (Palma COF - 45 shots total, 15 ea. at 800, 900 and 1,000 yds., peep sights only, no scopes.
Maybe he'll be a Long Range 'Expert' on Top Shot 2. Nah, long range is too hard for that show.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I didn't care for the "reality t.v." drama (if I heard "rat fink" one more time I thought I was going to puke). I hurt for the lady whose father was dying, BTDT.

The distances did not seem that difficult considering the size of the targets (for the rifle portion). Some of the pistol targets seemed pretty damn small.

The last two episodes were more along the lines of what I expected from the start. The shooters were on their own. If they didn't beat the other guy they lost. It's a simple concept. I would have liked to have seen more shotgun events fliers, movers, static, etc. to disprove the movie myth that "you can't miss with a shotgun".

</div></div>

i second that, my thoughts exactly

Chris

Congrats on making so far. Just wanna say thanks for representing the community so well on that show. You were humble the whole time, yet you delivered when needed. Just wish all "reality" shows had such good folks on it. I even remember saying to my wife at one point during the season something about how you could definately notice the difference in quality for the contestants over other shows. You all did a great job and brought good light on us all . Thank you

Kelly stopped by my home after finishing his matches at Perry. He spent an evening and my kids made him cookies and milk. His favorite ya know! I took him to work with me for the next day as I was training a group of special security guys from VA. Kelly spent the day shooting his ass off. He fire a case of 9mm almost a case of 45 and about 400 rnds of 5.56. I'd say he had a great time. He left after dinner and made his way to Chi Town to stay the weekend with Tara and shoot a pistol match. Thanks for all the nice comments guys.
Chris

OMG! I am reading all of this for the first time. You guys crack my ass up. Any one of you fellas would be fun to see on Top Shot season 2. The freakin' Nelson clip with "ha ha" on made me lol!
I think you all are a bunch of barrel chested freedom fighters/gentlemen.
I wish I had jumped on this forum sooner. But Cowboy ? whatever is right. I generally browse here looking for good tidbits amongst the BS and tomfoolery.
I gotta let LowLight know that I may have to start visiting more often. It just seems that All I'm doing lately is teaching. It is the "busy season".
Thanks guys.
Chris C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lwrkeysfisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I missed tonight's episode, but my wife really likes the show so I am sure we'll watch the recording tomorrow. It's kinda boring to me, but anything I can do to interest her in my hobbies (therefore let me spend more time & money doing them) I will do. </div></div>

Exactly! That was probably the best part of the show. Getting all those young kids and some of the ladies to want to shoot.
Chris C

They already finished shooting last month - expect late mid to late January for the first episodes.