• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater America's "Top Shot" on History channel

Re: America's "Top Shot" on History channel

<span style="font-style: italic">There is no way George actually missed the Sharps target....that was thrown miss for sure. I mean come on.... on the first episode George shot the Sharps at a 200 yard target and just missed outside by a few inches. Yet he supposedly can't hit a 12 inch plate at only 50 yards....and even missed the target backstop??</span>

Over the years, I've seem some very good shooters miss a shot that they could usually make blindfolded. I've done it, and I've seen archers do it, shotgunners do it, rifle and handgunners do it, etc. How many times have we seen pro ball players blow a gimme play?

Well....seeing as how he hit a smaller target just before that with the M1A from 200 yards.....the miss was on purpose....especially since we know he blew the revolver shot on purpose.....

While I think it was mostly staged for tv ratings, I have to agree there is no reason why George should be getting pissed. He was a c0ck the whole show and then all the sudden he wants to throw away 100g because he proved what he come on the show for?

What did you come on the show for? To show everyone your worthless?

I have fired next to high masters that cross fired targets and people touching rounds off in prep time.Anything is possible. I am pretty confident he tossed the pistol shot. The sharps rifle I really do not know (or care).George definitely talked some trash but the "Top Cock" has to go to Ashley.

Still a better show to watch over most of the crap on TV.

I will be the first to admit being wrong about George, I'd do well to learn to savor the taste of my own foot because it spends plenty of time in my mouth. That said:

I think most of the hatred still directed at Reinas is because it's the alternative to manning up and admitting that like me, you were just wrong. His willingness to give up the money AND the title for the sake of someone he thought highly of speaks volumes more than all the BS spewed in the first part of the season. Some of you are forgetting that actions speak a whole lot louder than words.

My .02, YMMV.

Come on, George clearly choked the whole thing!!!

On the pistol shot he missed the plate by like one inch! If he had decided he was going to definately miss on purpose and give it to Chris he would have gave himself a little more margin of error than one inch!
Obviously, what happened is nerves got to him a little and he just barely missed the pistol shot. Next, Chris makes his shot with the pistol and then with the Sharp's and so the pressure was really on George, and it caused him to choke the Sharp's shot.
So, since Chris was already accusing him of missing on purpose, he just went with it... guess his ego wouldn't let him admit he just choked a chance at $100,000 and the title.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on, George clearly choked the whole thing!!!

On the pistol shot he missed the plate by like one inch! If he had decided he was going to definately miss on purpose and give it to Chris he would have gave himself a little more margin of error than one inch!
Obviously, what happened is nerves got to him a little and he just barely missed the pistol shot. Next, Chris makes his shot with the pistol and then with the Sharp's and so the pressure was really on George, and it caused him to choke the Sharp's shot.
So, since Chris was already accusing him of missing on purpose, he just went with it... guess his ego would let him admit he just choked a chance at $100,000 and the title.
</div></div>

I see your logic but it's not the only viable explanation. A good case could be made for George intentionally making it at least a 'close' miss...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt.Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see your logic but it's not the only viable explanation. A good case could be made for George intentionally making it at least a 'close' miss... </div></div>

I just can't buy that. I don't think a guy makes an audition video, tries out for a show, makes the cut, spends six plus weeks of his life competing, beats out twelve plus other top shooters, all to come down to the very end and throw it on purpose.
I know when they interviewed him about what happened he tried to play it off like he didn't care about the title.... which is total BS, you don't go through all that unless you want to win.
Then he tried to act like he did it because Chris needed the money more....again BS, if he wanted to make sure Chris got the money he would have made the easy shot and beat Chris, then beat Gunny in the final, and the next day he could have wrote Chris a check for the $100,000.

No, I really believe what happened is he choked (which is understandable, I can't imagine the pressure on him to make that shot after all they had been through)... and like we've all seen people do a hundered times in our life when they lose, instead of admitting he choked and lost, he acted like "I let him win"....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter618</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He threw the shots, because the other guys have dependents it wasn't because he couldn't hit . </div></div>

I don't believe that for ONE second... He flat out missed both shots, plain and simple.</div></div>

any idiot can hit a 18 inch plate at 25 feet with a sa 357... he threw that... hell i can hit that plate with a rubber band gun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I just can't buy that. I don't think a guy makes an audition video, tries out for a show, makes the cut, spends six plus weeks of his life competing, beats out twelve plus other top shooters, all to come down to the very end and throw it on purpose.
I know when they interviewed him about what happened he tried to play it off like he didn't care about the title.... which is total BS, you don't go through all that unless you want to win.
Then he tried to act like he did it because Chris needed the money more....again BS, if he wanted to make sure Chris got the money he would have made the easy shot and beat Chris, then beat Gunny in the final, and the next day he could have wrote Chris a check for the $100,000.

No, I really believe what happened is he choked (which is understandable, I can't imagine the pressure on him to make that shot after all they had been through)... and like we've all seen people do a hundered times in our life when they lose, instead of admitting he choked and lost, he acted like "I let him win"....
</div></div>

Ok, but all I've got to go off of (your opinion aside), is what the man himself said about his intentions and decisions. It's difficult to believe that you're a more credible authority on his motive and intentions than he is, after he made it unquestionably clear that he was putting Chris on a level playing field with himself at the very least. That is more integrity than I gave him credit for, and opens up to me the possibility that he doesn't give a fish fart what you or me or anyone else thinks about him, and can feel secure in that knowledge. That carries a lot more weight with me than the arguments you've provided so far in your own favor.

I welcome your difference of opinion, I'm just saying it's not enough to sway me on it's own merit, you're gonna have to convince me.

I have to agree with matt.cross

At the end when Chris won, Joe and George congratulating him. That was not BS, that was real...

We didn't see it, we prob never will but those guys are close, they wanted him to win whatever the reason.

I agree with the post about hm not opening his mouth about throwing the shot, but I also have no idea how long the producer had him sitting in front of that camera trying to get him to admit it.

I'm not implying he was waterboarded or anything silly like that, but I'm not sure he looked for the camera right afterward to tell it he did it on purpose.

Matt, I hope for George's sake you are right. It would suck to miss a $100,000 (potentially) shot, pretend you did it on purpose, and then have to live the rest of your life knowing you choked and you are full of shit. You are right, the only one who truly knows the truth is George...

The argument by some on here (not you Matt) that he must have done it on purpose because he couldn't have choked a shot that easy carries no weight with me. We see professionals choke all the time..... NBA stars miss free throws and lay ups, NFL recievers drop passes when they are wide open, Major League outfielders bobble and drop an easy catch on a pop up, Tennis stars double faulting, Pro-golfer missing an easy putt, etc. etc. etc. Nobody is immune to it... no matter how good they are.

I REALLY DO FEEL BAD FOR GEORGE. What it really looked like happened to me is that the pressure got to him, which is VERY understandable. He misses....then walks back over to Chris (who is a class act) and Chris starts acting like he must have done it on purpose. I'm sure Chris did this because he's a great guy and didn't want to further embarrass his buddy George. George is very embarrassed knowing he's on national television and choked so in a panic he goes along with it. Before he knows it, it becomes a "plot twist" as the producers of the show try to create drama. Next thing you know he's too far down a road to turn back from and has to keep implying that he missed on purpose....otherwise he'd have to admit that he choked and has been pretending he missed on purpose the whole time....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt.Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be the first to admit being wrong about George, I'd do well to learn to savor the taste of my own foot because it spends plenty of time in my mouth. That said:

I think most of the hatred still directed at Reinas is because it's the alternative to manning up and admitting that like me, you were just wrong. His willingness to give up the money AND the title for the sake of someone he thought highly of speaks volumes more than all the BS spewed in the first part of the season. Some of you are forgetting that actions speak a whole lot louder than words.

My .02, YMMV. </div></div>

If he is so magnanimous and we all misjudged his douchebaggery....explain why he has to run around telling everybody how he missed on purpose. If you are gonna give some charity, it only confirms your narcissism to tell others about it.

He is just what he appears to be. An insecure, immature douche, who struggles to cover it up with his false bravado.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt.Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be the first to admit being wrong about George, I'd do well to learn to savor the taste of my own foot because it spends plenty of time in my mouth. That said:

My .02, YMMV. </div></div>

If he is so magnanimous and we all misjudged his douchebaggery....explain why he has to run around telling everybody how he missed on purpose. If you are gonna give some charity, it only confirms your narcissism to tell others about it.

He is just what he appears to be. An insecure, immature douche, who struggles to cover it up with his false bravado.

</div></div>

I never said he wasn't still a loudmouth, I just said I was wrong about him not having integrity. I'm not in the position to say that I'm right and you're wrong and vice versa. Everything you have read constitutes my opinion, and the worth of that is entirely yours to determine.

I based what I said off of what little objective perspective a TV show offers. I'm just saying that what is telling on people is how they react when someone proves through their actions that what they're SAYING doesn't have much relevance.

Also as a final point George didn't tell anybody he missed on purpose, he said it was up for you to judge, because he doesn't give a damn what YOU think. I'll take that at face value.

He choked....then took advantage of the perception that he might have thrown it. It is perfectly in line with his personality.