• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater America's "Top Shot" on History channel

Re: America's "Top Shot" on History channel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most here could bang that target like a Phillipino hooker with a .308. </div></div>

You could have used, Bang-Cock. Cheaper, smoother, and less demanding to meet the parents.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's right, then first time I noticed it last night, a proper instructor is watching the shooter, not the target. All the info the instructor needs is there at the shooter not the target </div></div>

I respectfully disagree with this statement.....sometimes the recoil of the gun can disguise small mechanical mistakes of the student.....but the target never lies. Being able to look at the target is very instrumental in diagnosing some shooter errors. A good instructor does both....watches the shooter, then looks at the target to see the final result..... </div></div>

I agree and that was something I left out, watch the shooter then analyze the target.

I see Zinns (?) bit the dust last episode. Its a little humbling when your a "pro" with the same weapon you lost with.

Jamie Franks is the one who was booted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ufgators68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jamie Franks is the one who was booted. </div></div>

He meant Zinns shot the worst with pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ufgators68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jamie Franks is the one who was booted. </div></div>

He meant Zinns shot the worst with pistol. </div></div>

Yep.
Bad choice of words on my part.

Damn I was wishing that Jamie would have shot and gotten immunity and sent douche-bag George to an elimination. That fucktard is riding on the coattails of better competitors. They ALL need a lesson in honor. Too bad that their time in our military hasn't taught them any fucking integrity. Total pieces of shit. I did really appreciate that Gunny slightly stuck up for Jamie, but he certainly didn't try very damn hard to point out to the others that they are all being total bitches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cal50</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ufgators68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jamie Franks is the one who was booted. </div></div>

He meant Zinns shot the worst with pistol. </div></div>

Yep.
Bad choice of words on my part.

</div></div>

Oh, ok. I get it now. lol

I imagine everyones integrity on the show can be bought for $100,000. Seems like the common going rate.

I was a fan of Ashley until he blew up on Jamie. Jamie sure did show everyone up going to the eliminate challenge four times and comming back three times.

Should be interesting to see who wins. But Ian from the first season seemed like a better shooter than anyone left on the this season

think the 4 remaining guys are gonna shoot a spin off called "top jerk off" where they get in a nekkid circle and butt fuck each other, the first to jizz loses and then gets bukkake'd by the other 3. rinse then repeat. Jus what I heard

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">think the 4 remaining guys are gonna shoot a spin off called "top jerk off" where they get in a nekkid circle and butt fuck each other, the first to jizz loses and then gets bukkake'd by the other 3. rinse then repeat. Jus what I heard</div></div>

That's probably alot closer to actual "reality" TV for at least a couple of 'em. I gave-up on this circle-jerk after the Barrett episode, so I'm just checking this thread to see which of the remaining douchebags "wins" the 4-way homosexual gangbang that this "shooting contest" has turned into. I'd rather watch WWE's "Tough Enough." At least Miss America's hot lil' ass floppin' around the ring, than the hour-long gagfest that is having to wonder if bi-Curious George is finally gonna get caught sucking-off Ashley, or one of the other douchebags.

This thread is more entertaining than the show.. I honestly don't know why I'm still watching it.

I like the show for using some pretty famous weapons and making it cool to liek shooting again and it brings good attention to the hobby/sport. I am tired of it being viewed as redneck or hill billy ish to like shooting cause thats only a small fraction of shooters. Nothing wrong with being hill billy cause I myself am from the country, but at the same time I take shooting serious and its nice to see something on tv shooting related thats not making the sport look bad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is more entertaining than the show.. I honestly don't know why I'm still watching it. </div></div>

haaha I just about spit coffee all over my monitor... the show is Ok, but the host just gets on my nerves.... the way he talks for some reason it just make me want to put one right in his suck hole:

http://youtu.be/M3lGKMXYOG8

lol I am prior Navy so I was pulling for the Navy kid...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is more entertaining than the show.. I honestly don't know why I'm still watching it. </div></div>
+1 , people are dumber for watching that show , but not for using this forum
smile.gif

I keep watching because I want to see what they come up with next for the challenges. I want to watch SHOOTING. The retard contestants are just an annoying aspect of the show at this point.

I've been recording it on my DVR and skipping over all the BS.

I don't watch much TV but got hooked on this show.

There have been some pretty interesting set ups and shooting.

Some pretty cool photography also.

I would like to know who designed all the stages and where they got the ideas.

Well, I brokedown & dcided to watch tonight(mainly becaus there isn't shit-else on worth a damn & the remote chance that Theda be using a cool gun).

I'll say it right upfront. I'm a looooong way from being good enough to talk shit about anyone else's shooting, & I'm also sure that $100K can get the nerves assed-up.

That said, these 4 "Top Shits" spent the 1st 15min tonight bragging about how good they all were & how they "called" the final 4 right from the start. If not for that shit, I'd have resigedn myself to only commenting on the homosexual overtones given off by, bi-Curious George, but tonight ole' shit-talkin', "Super-Sniper" couldn't have choked any worse the on the 1st dick he tried to suck, than he did on his targets tonight!

If I couldn't hit a big-ass, paintball container at 75yds with a NM AR15, or a 10" target at 10-freakin' YARDS with a damn pistol, then I'd hate like anybody to know I was an actual sniper. Much less, all the cocky, bullshit he's talked this season. That was pitiful! Amazing how fast the shit-talkers got eliminated once that teenage girl/Survivor, popularity-contest BS wouldn't work anymore, & the coat-tail riders had to shoot for their supper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, never would have guessed that George would have done that. Of all people! </div></div>

Agreed; still a cock, but definitely earned a bit of respect for that.

He threw the shots, because the other guys have dependents it wasn't because he couldn't hit .

i still cant believe none of the top tactical comp shooters have made it on top shot....i believe some of the top shooters ive shot with at different comps could make one heck of a run at 100K...and to boot they are very charismatic which would make for some great tv..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i still cant believe none of the top tactical comp shooters have made it on top shot....i believe some of the top shooters ive shot with at different comps could make one heck of a run at 100K...and to boot they are very charismatic which would make for some great tv.. </div></div>

Keep in mind that to be on the show you have to have to leave your life for 3 months, so that no doubt limits who can actually afford (money/family/ect.)to be on the show.

very true..but for 100k you would think someone would take a shot..i know if i thought i was anywhere close to some of the top guys skill level i would...100k is more than most people will make in a whole year

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter618</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He threw the shots, because the other guys have dependents it wasn't because he couldn't hit . </div></div>

I don't believe that for ONE second... He flat out missed both shots, plain and simple.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter618</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He threw the shots, because the other guys have dependents it wasn't because he couldn't hit . </div></div>

I don't believe that for ONE second... He flat out missed both shots, plain and simple. </div></div>

I dunno man, it really looked like he threw it for the other guys sake.

You guys called George everything under the sun, I just saw a guy with honor do a great thing!

It's honorable to bitch out and quit?? This just stacks on top of his other BS. This was a competition and he just bitched out. Most men don't appreciate that kind of sportsmanship... but hey, Chris won a hundred grand because of it so I imagine he isn't too pissed.

I definitely feel he missed on purpose with the .357. Theres no doubt in my mind about that. I'd say it could go either way on the Sharps. I'm leaning towards he missed on purpose.

It was a very nice thing for him to do. Chris Reed seems like a nice enough guy and probably really needs the money and seemed to be extremely well rounded. But I'm not sure he was truly the Top Shot of this season since George threw at least one shot if not both allowing him to win.

Didn't know he missed "on purpose." Watched most of tonight's show on mute. Can't deal with their drama.

That said, IF he really missed on purpose, & IF he did it because the other guys could use the money more, then I just don't know what to make of it. Don't know too many folks who would spend 3 months(no telling how much expense to travel back & forth for auditions & other BS, besides putting life "on-hold" that long) competing for $100K, just to give it away, not at the end, but when there's still 4 of you left, & to guys that you barely know at that?

Idk. I guess it's not that hard to believe after they've spent the last several episode voting better performing shooters into elimination rounds, purposely trying to set-up the final show for themselves. I mean they really haven't actually "competed" since the 2 teams combined.

"Top Shot" just looks even more like a popularity vote for a damn Homecoming Queen than a competition. Of course, it was more special effects & dramatic VoiceOver than a challenge. I guess I'm just a pesimistic, suspicious asshole, but when I see someone make it all the way to the goal-line just to throw in the towl & throw away a shot at $100,000.00 when it's right in front of his nose... to 3 guys he doesn't know, & damn sure wouldn't quit & let him win...

Well, it might be the farthest thing from the truth, but most skeptical sons of bitches couldn't help but wonder what % of that $100K he got for agreeing to TANK the last elimination? Guess that makes me sound like an asshole but, Well... I kinda am.

That's IF... "anything" about that whole circle-jerk of a reality show was "REAL" at all! I'm beginning to doubt anything I see on TV has any basis in reality, to include MSNBC, CNN, FOX News, or PBS! Ha.

After reading all of this "big talk" on here, I have one question. When are y'all going to apply for the show?

If y'all are so awesome you should all be able to go through the show without losing a single event.

I slowed it down and watched when he got up from behind the sharps. No question that he threw that shot. He had a crooked smile on his face when he got up, I would’ve laid there with my head down and stared at the ground in disbelief for a while..
Also, its not like he barely missed the target, he didn’t even hit the back stop.

Through the whole show I prayed that he wouldn’t win because he was an arrogant a$$hole. He could shoot and always did well in the challenges, but I couldn’t stand him. I gained a lot of respect for him in the final few minutes of the season. He helped a friend who could use the money for his family when he was just going top piss it away.

If I would ever run across George, I will buy him a drink.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ufgators68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading all of this "big talk" on here, I have one question. When are y'all going to apply for the show?

If y'all are so awesome you should all be able to go through the show without losing a single event. </div></div>

FYI,...many here have applied, but there's not have enough drama for them, would be my guess.

As for George,... he may not be the, be all end all, but I'll buy his an Gunny's drinks if we ever cross paths.
George, may have came across as an asshole, but when push came to shove he did that right thing, as did Gunny.

The problem is, we only see a snap shot, and what you saw last night was the same, but I believe I know/caught enough to form my own conclusion.

I saw some of his other shooting ability throughout the show. Think he threw the challenge. Guys like that don't just miss.

I dont care what anyone says, that steamin pile of garbage George SHANKED both those shots. "the 4 best shooters are left" are they serious? the guy that couldnt hit a fuckin 30 inch target with a barret? oh well, i watched it like a tard, just glad BZ or George didnt win.....

And that show in no way shape or form comes down to the "top shot". Its a circle jerk popularity contest with guns thrown in. Short of a running Aggregate scoring system with all the competitors you will not get the most well rounded shooter to be the winner.

I never liked George this entire season until last night. His cocky arrogance just rubbed me the wrong way. Last night he proved himself to be a class act.

George and Brian IMO did throw their last shots. As much of douche George seems to be, everyone in the world knows he threw that last shot. And for Brian not being able to hit those little targets? That's highly questionable. He is probably the most consistent shooter on the whole show. Maybe it had to do with something Chris falling on hard times is why they threw the competitions. Chris while probably a decent shot, is far from the best shooter on season 2.

I speculate that Brian and George were battling for real until one of them won.

When Brian clinched the final George threw it.

I think they had that worked out going in, Chris was going to win, and the last of the three would battle for second. They probably had that worked out going into the final.

I have no evidence, or basis other than that's the way it seemed. Once Gunny clinched George didn't take a single serious shot.

I could be wrong, because they did make Chris shoot off in the prior episode, but it sure did look like George tanked it. Hell, maybe Gunny wasn't in on it at all, could have been George and Joe (they didn't vote for Chris). Seemed like Zinn was moving away from those guys in the last couple episodes... competition wise I mean. I dunno, I still say George tanked it.

Thing to remember is there are days and days of tape we don't see. It's entirely possible we have completely different impressions of these guys due to the video editing.

It sure looked like Jamie got a raw deal, but I look at it differently, we had more than one combat veteran with serious problems with that guy, if it was just one guy, maybe its nothing but at least 3 of them treated Jamie like he was a mall ninja. To me it smells funny.
Times like these I remind myself, I don't know shit. I'm just stating an uneducated opinion...

This is evidently Top Charity and NOT <span style="font-style: italic">Top Shot</span>.

I think it is bullshit that people are giving George props for bitching out like that. I don't ever want to compete with people like those. Fuck that. If I win, it is because I beat you and not because my sob story is worse than yours. What a piece of shit. By bitching out like that all he did was steal a spot from other competitors that had more integrity than he ever will.

George is still a douche, and even more so now. Yeah, he may have displayed some emotion but this isn't freaking Oprah... it is TOP SHOT.

Oh, I have kids and you don't. I should win and you shouldn't. Bullshit.

There is more to life, than winning first place in any game, and especially one like that.
A true "Winner" may never win first place in any game, but their peers know them as "Life Winners" just the same. FWIW & YMMV

I was surprised to see George thrown a 25 feet shot I'm not sure if he threw the 50 yard shot or not. I didn't figure him to do something like that.

It's funny to read everything here. None of us have any idea what the producers of the show are directing throughout the entire season.
I enjoy shooting, but I know that I don't have the skills to be on that contest (or any other for that matter). The conditions at the range seemed to be pretty bad, the TV crew with knowing that you are being filmed, and the pressure of the money, it does not surprise me that a lot of "easy" shoots were missed by everyone. I was more surprised at how many "hard" shoots were made. The repeling down and shooting the G17 thing seemed extremely difficult.

As for the George saga, whether it was his call, the shows call, or whatever, George came off as a "good guy" at the end of all his shit talk. I believe he threw the pistol, don't know about the sharps.

He threw the pistol shot for sure, he made that quite clear.

His reasons were valid, and honorable. The winner was a stay at home dad, he already had an air force career and proved himself.

It was an honorable move, in my opinion.

There is seriously something missing from the fucking show.

People just don't get pissed off at other people for no reason. Like the way Ashley and George were at Jamie. It didn't make any sense.

You mean to tell me with all of their training and one person's combat experience JAMIE would piss them off?!?!

Something stinks about this show and it sure ain't the cordite.

Hey.

Anyone want the show's host going over your every fucking move while your at the range?

There is no way George actually missed the Sharps target....that was thrown miss for sure. I mean come on.... on the first episode George shot the Sharps at a 200 yard target and just missed outside by a few inches. Yet he supposedly can't hit a 12 inch plate at only 50 yards....and even missed the target backstop??

It was a miss on purpose....no doubt. While I think George may think he was doing an honorable thing by helping out Chris. I think most competitive men would feel bad to get into the final by knowing a competitor basically missed both shots on purpose to "let" you get there......it would almost be a slap in the face.

Of course, Chris still had to win the final shootout & he did a good job beating the Gunny...

It would only have been honorable if he hadn't opened his big fucking mouth about it........all he did was ice his own cake.