• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater America's "Top Shot" on History channel

Re: America's "Top Shot" on History channel

I was hoping that worm jay was going home! Ohh well, better luck next time!

That episode really pissed me off ending with Jay winning
smirk.gif
I just want to know what the hell Jermaine was thinking lol I was laughing hysterically watching that cluster f*** Jermaine caused.

As I've stated in another thread, we were fully expecting to see the 'uphill assault' turn into a 'bayonet charge' on the ammo dump.

Twice. One for each dump.

wink.gif

That was somewhat humorous to see and the justification of him going home for it is there, but, we'd rather that Jay went home.

Major Kudo's to those who picked Jay for the chopping block. Jermaine, well we'd buy him a drink anytime here. Only thing is, we'd have to chain down the chair/barstool first, so that he don't run off with it.

smile.gif

Entertaining episode.

I had a chance this weekend to shoot with and talk to some of the cast members from Top Shot. They were Athea Lee, Blake Manning, and Chris Tilley. Of course Chris would not give up who won. He told to watch the show to see who wins.

TXO4.JPG

Good episode tonight. Barrett .50 cal to 1000 yards. Wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone but it was nice to see one shot, one hit. Although that didn't win becuase it was timed event....

I agree for the most part about everyone hating Jay, & the general dislike for Jamie, but "Valley-girl" George has acted like such a queer-bait, snotty, lil' whinner, bitching about people until I'm ready to see his ass riding the short-bus on home! I'd rather see golfer-boy win than him. Same goes for the greasy-haired, bearded fucker. That was some lame faggotry he pulled in the elimination vote tonight. Especially being I haven't seen him shoot worth a shit yet...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Russ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree for the most part about everyone hating Jay, & the general dislike for Jamie, but "Valley-girl" George has acted like such a queer-bait, snotty, lil' whinner, bitching about people until I'm ready to see his ass riding the short-bus on home! I'd rather see golfer-boy win than him. Same goes for the greasy-haired, bearded fucker. That was some lame faggotry he pulled in the elimination vote tonight. Especially being I haven't seen him shoot worth a shit yet... </div></div>

I agree with you 100%. George is an assclown, and needs to go home.. Ashley is douche bag too. They(the people in the house), want to shoot with the best, but they choose to keep a person who couldn't make one shot at a 1000 yards with 10 chances.. WTF..

This show should be renamed Top Whine Ass.. It's sad to see the miltary people shun the civilian, I mean come on, grow up already.. I think the Golfer is a better shot then most these mil people..

George has been the whinningest fucker on the entire show. If he ain't crying about someone else, he's bitching about shooting a .22 rifle cuz it wasn't a "man's gun," yet Mr. Big-shit, sniper instructor didn't win either damn challenge. I turned it off before Jay & Jamie even shot the challenge. George is definitely an ass-clown. He acts like some shithead with a little dick, trying to make-up for it with his Billy-Jo Badass, metrosexual-homo BS. Jay should steal his hair-gel & use it for a little target practice. He'd prolly quit & run home, crying to mommy before the next challenge

geez, I just "thought" last season was full of too much titty-baby, drama... Boy, was I ever wrong. I give up! Any new TV that's about one of my hobbies, or looks interesting, fuck it! I'm not even gonna tune-in for the 1st episode, 'cuz it's gonna suck ass anyway.

If the Top Shot producers are stuck-on this kind of numbnut, douche-baggery, then DAMN IT... at least find some douchebags that can freakin' shoot! I mean, I know shows like this & "Sons of Guns" aren't meant for us, but if the Lib-tard assholes are gonna make a show about things we like then they could at least give us something remotely worth a fuck, while still pandering to all the braindead masses!?!

Oh good, I was hoping it wasn't just me who George was a douche` bag... He's got something to say about everything, all his rainbows and unicorn crap and his experience shooting everything and anything. What did he call the M1A? "my metallic death stick"? come on...

I honestly hope SSgt George Reinas browses this forum.

I am embarrassed to be in the same air force as you.

What an embarrassing display of a complete lack of honor or integrity by the cast tonight. Maybe I was naive in hoping that Zins and Ashley would have enough honor to resist becoming George's little nut suckers but alas it was fantasy.

It speaks volumes that George can congratulate himself on a 1st round hit after watching 15 rounds go downrange all the while ignoring the fact that Jaime still beat him in the challenge. And it speaks even more about a lack of character that Zins and Ashley would not only involve themselves with George but actively participate in the bullshit.......sad.

BTW Blake Manning was never on Top Shot, the shooter in the above picture in the blue hat is Blake Miguez, another douchebag of the highest order.

agree with you all, that george bitch is a real piece of trash. Keep the guy that couldnt hit a 30 inch target at 1,000 yards with a .50 AFTER watching 4 guys before and see where the gun is hitting? WOW! just WOW, what a complete lack of integrity, especially when that guy man'd up and ASKED to go to elimination. Every thing that comes out of that Georges dick suck makes me wanna teabag his corpse, and that goes for all the rest of em for falling in line like a bunch of little knob goblins they are. Its sad these remaining guys represent our military, jus sad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">agree with you all, that george bitch is a real piece of trash. Keep the guy that couldnt hit a 30 inch target at 1,000 yards with a .50 AFTER watching 4 guys before and see where the gun is hitting? WOW! just WOW, what a complete lack of integrity, especially when that guy man'd up and ASKED to go to elimination. Every thing that comes out of that Georges dick suck makes me wanna teabag his corpse, and that goes for all the rest of em for falling in line like a bunch of little knob goblins they are. Its sad these remaining guys represent our military, jus sad </div></div>
I agree with you about the older men not having the balls to do the right thing.. I understand the guy that one didn't vote, but he seems like the leader of the pack, and should've spoken up. Instead, he wanted to seem like a cool dude in that punks(Georges) eyes.. Same goes for the other followers, nothing but George's puppets, all of them..

Jamie will keep going into the challenge round until he his gone. Just like they did with Jay.. If they truly knew how to play the game, they would keep the weak links in, and get rid of the better shooters.. That's what I would do. Why befriend a shooter that can beat you, get rid of them..

This is what people want though, a douchebag or two on a show, to get people talking about it, then it leads to others watching and just unfolds from there.

This show isn't about Marksmanship, it's about a bunch of children with bad attitudes shooting guns..

It can't be about markmanship when all they have to do is hit a 30" target with a 50. It's also retarded that they werent allowed time to set up the gun where they needed it before hand.
The show in general is a joke.

I friend of mine worked a "reality show" a couple of years ago and he said the realism died on the 20th take when the director wanted more drama. Just have to wonder how long in between shooters the setup had to take in at which time you know they were all sitting around bullshitting and talking about where to hold.

Watching this show is better than watching "Martha Steward" or something like that. And besides, it interests My Lady even more AS WELL AS entices her to want more 'toys'.

As it is, they seem to be showing that "Integrity" can be offered up at bargain-basement prices. But what do I know; I'm not there. They don't want gibbled people on their show.

Someone commented earlier about Frank and Jacob watching this show. And hoping they weren't/don't. Actually, I'm expecting that they do, and have turned this into a drinking game long ago.

Along the lines of "Bob" from the old Bob Newheart show. C'mon, who remembers having to drink every time they said "Bob"?

Just this-here show has it's own twist. Drink on a miss, or drink on a 'slam', or drink on a challenge. Make the show whatever fun you want.

Just my thoughts, and no. You don't get your money back. I've got it invested.

wink.gif

Sean the Nailer said:
Watching this show is better than watching "Martha Steward" or something like that.

I so agree it is a bad show, but you do get addicted

Glad I'm not the only one who hates 'Pretty Boy George'... If that guy had 1/100 as much integrity as he does hair gel, this show might be fun to watch.

I dont know where they tape that show but its windy as hell there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt.Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad I'm not the only one who hates 'Pretty Boy George'... If that guy had 1/100 as much integrity as he does hair gel, this show might be fun to watch.</div></div>

Yeah, I keep hoping it's flammable, & the next time I have to see a scene of him taking a drag off a cigarette like it's his boyfriend's dick, that the wind blows the cherry onto his head, and I at least get to so him do a good impression of Michael Jackson with his hair on fire! It'd be the #1 most exciting episode of "Top Shit," to date...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know where they tape that show but its windy as hell there!</div></div>

It's an area on the eastern edge of the San Fernando Valley - reliably windy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know where they tape that show but its windy as hell there! </div></div>

I'd say Mother Nature is less windy, than those on or off screen in that soap opera. I rate top shot one cut below reruns of Little House on the Prairie. At least Little House has a story line you can believe.

it wasnt the wind at all it was the wind tunnel also known as George's asshole. if you listen really carefully in the last episode you can hear the whistle from the air wizzing through his reamed out cornhole

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tonights show ending was sure a surprise. Lots of conflict on blue team, it could do them in. So far my money is on either Ashley or Chris R for the win.

Topstrap </div></div>

WOW was I ever wrong, not based on shooting or lack of shooting skills either. Total bunch of babies when we got to see what they are really like.

GO JAMIE

Topstrap

I have no problem with George, it was that Jay guy that drove me nuts! Why is it when people would try to help him, he would tell them to pound sand! Good rid dins! To be honest, I like the show for the shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no problem with George, it was that Jay guy that drove me nuts! Why is it when people would try to help him, he would tell them to pound sand! Good rid dins! To be honest, I like the show for the shooting!</div></div>

Well Jay wasn't at the top of my list either, but at least he was genuine enough to say that he wanted to do things his way, and look how far he got. I'm not saying I would emulate him, I'm just saying that between Jay and George, Jay was the one who was doing less talking while offing his competitors in the elimination rounds. I haven't seen George do anything impressive yet.

It's funny that so many people bash the show yet seem to be eagerly awaiting each episode. The most common criticism is that it's a soap opera full drama, yet reading this thread is like watching a soap opera. Self-awareness isn't common amongst the certain and confident, it seems.

It sounds to me that this show is like watching a fat stripper, now matter how hard you want to look away you can't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no problem with George, it was that Jay guy that drove me nuts! Why is it when people would try to help him, he would tell them to pound sand! Good rid dins! To be honest, I like the show for the shooting!</div></div>

While I think Jay could have been a little more polite to the experts, I understand why he chose not to follow their advice, & stuck to the technique he was used, right or wrong, for better or for worse. Even tho his revolver-grip literally made me cringe, he was right not to make any drastic changes a couple hours before he had to man-up & shoot for a chance at the $$$!

After all, watch the re-runs of this season(prolly last season, too!), & watch all the guys who tried to make a drastic change between practice & the challenge. To save u some time, almost all the guys who changed grip, stance, etc...SUCKED it up bigtime!

Like I said, yeah he could've been more polite to the "experts," but now that I think about it, if I'm in his place, practicing for a challenge/elimination, with $50K on the line... Well, I'm gonna use the grip/stance I'm most comfortable with/used to, & while i'm sure I'd appreciate anyone else's advice, the call is gonna be mine 'cause I'm the only one that's gotta live w/ the results, & just from imagining the kinda nerves I might be feeling at that time, I doubt I'd be able to say, "I see what u mean, but I just feel more comfortable doing it the way I always have, but thank u so very much. I really appreciate it," before I lost it & told somebody to stick a dick in it, either!

It's the same with a QB's throwing-motion, a pitcher's set-up, or a boxer's fighting style. Doesn't matter how rough, sloppy, & wrong it looks. If it's workin', then u don't fuck with it the night before the big game! It could take weeks/months to build-up the muscle-memory it'd take for their new style/technique to be better, or even as good as the old one. More times than not, changing your technique on short notice will get your ass beat, trying to use it, & have you fucked-up even worse if u try to switch back mid-game.

NONE OF THIS, however, does anything to make the faggotry displayed by George the Grease-ball, any better. He's still a giant douchebag, IMHO...

I hope George falls on his own sword.
(Arrogant prick)

Yah I can't stand George. I have a FAL and it is awesome, what a baby. I don't have muscles like him, I am kind of a wuss but I don't have problems lifting it, I wanted to smack him. I got a little fired up about him putting down one of my favorite rifles to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mandymae</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yah I can't stand George. I have a FAL and it is awesome, what a baby. I don't have muscles like him, I am kind of a wuss but I don't have problems lifting it, I wanted to smack him. I got a little fired up about him putting down one of my favorite rifles to shoot. </div></div>

And you guys should have heard the hate being spewed at the t.v. last night!

ok ok ok.... I know it's a TV show and the producers will edit to show you what they want you to see but, damn there was a lot of hate from the Air Force guy's toward the Navy Rescue Swimmer. From their side they seemed to feel he was misrepresenting himself and from his side he said he never claimed what they had latched on to..... Who knows what really happened but in the end the better shot stays and the LOSER goes home.

Top shot contestants are all acting like a bunch of girls! it's almost like watching a sop opera now. I'm glad Ashleys gone tho! He's a stuck up B**ch! Hope George goes next!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _RJ_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sounds to me that this show is like watching a fat stripper, now matter how hard you want to look away you can't.</div></div>

I got no issues looking away. I watched the season opener and realized that I will be more pissed if I wasted precios minutes of my life I would never get. back. I did, however, watch the one with the Barrett and 1k yards, and while I enjoyed the shooting, the drama was not needed. That USAF sniper guy may be able to shoot, but he talks way too much shit to get the respect he says he deserves.

Have not watched an episode and after reading the last page of this thread. I can find enough reson not to watch any of it.
You guys enjoy yourselevs.

As I've said previously, this show is actually better than watching Martha Steward and whatnot. It has interesting and humorous parts.

While we have high regards for Mil. and LE. here, I won't deny that this show (director's license) has shed a bit of a different light on the topic. It seems that any group of humans put together has the potential to act like 'little old bitties'.

Present company excepted (sometimes) of course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
_RJ_ said:
. That USAF sniper guy may be able to shoot, but he talks way too much shit to get the respect he says he deserves. </div></div>

He watched at least 15 rounds go downrange to get his wind call, and then took longer than two other competitors to hit a 3 MOA target....not exactly in my top ten amazing shots considering most here could bang that target like a Phillipino hooker with a .308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
_RJ_ said:
. That USAF sniper guy may be able to shoot, but he talks way too much shit to get the respect he says he deserves. </div></div>

He watched at least 15 rounds go downrange to get his wind call, and then took longer than two other competitors to hit a 3 MOA target....not exactly in my top ten amazing shots considering most here could bang that target like a Phillipino hooker with a .308.

Anyone else catch the error in last nights show?

They claimed the Glock 17 was the first polymer framed 9mm pistol to be produced when it was actually the H&K VP70.

that's right, then first time I noticed it last night, a proper instructor is watching the shooter, not the target. All the info the instructor needs is there at the shooter not the target

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most here could <span style="font-weight: bold">bang that target like a Phillipino hooker</span> with a .308. </div></div>Hahaha I like that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Workin my ass off to keep stupid people procreating.
</div></div>Don't like that but its so true

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's right, then first time I noticed it last night, a proper instructor is watching the shooter, not the target. All the info the instructor needs is there at the shooter not the target </div></div>

I bought my first USO scope from Matt Burkett...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's right, then first time I noticed it last night, a proper instructor is watching the shooter, not the target. All the info the instructor needs is there at the shooter not the target </div></div>

I respectfully disagree with this statement.....sometimes the recoil of the gun can disguise small mechanical mistakes of the student.....but the target never lies. Being able to look at the target is very instrumental in diagnosing some shooter errors. A good instructor does both....watches the shooter, then looks at the target to see the final result.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sometimes the recoil of the gun can disguise small mechanical mistakes of the student.....but the target never lies. Being able to look at the target is very instrumental in diagnosing some shooter errors. A good instructor does both.</div></div>

Actually, that's why it's better to have two instructors on duty - one to watch and correct the shooter, and one to see the results downrange. No one person I've ever seen can do both at once.