• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo supply improving in my area (SC)

Nomad0001

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
Greenville, SC
So this is the first step in the right direction that I have seen in a LONG time.

Things ARE slowly changing. This store that has had *Zero* (not even 1 box at any price) of 9mm for 14 months; just saw this many cases yesterday. Now having said that, they want $32.99 per box, limit 1.

Does it suck they are charging that much? YES!. BUT my point is, Step 1 is getting the supply back.

2BF75F26-C44F-452B-A3CD-589F20E354F4.jpeg

I was at Greentop in Ashland Virginia today and saw the same thing, a lot of several calibers but not much of the most desirable stuff. Prices still elevated but getting better.

Only thing my normal in that picture is everything behind that display that is stocked.

Wow, I didn't expect this level of pessimism. Please read the title of the post. I didn't say the ammo shortage is over. Or that ammo will be cheap again soon. Or that all kinds of terrible anti-gun things are not coming (they probably are).
All I said is that I walked by (it looks like) 50,000 rounds of 9mm ammunition and that 50,000 rounds is greater than the 0 rounds they had before.
I also bought 5 boxes of Federal 124 grain HST 9mm defensive ammo at Cabelas *the previous day* for $27 per box (so not horrible for top of the line defensive ammo). I also bought 1,500 rounds of good quality 5.56 in the last couple months *in my small town* for $99 box of 200 rounds (so not the deal of the century, but not horrible either.

So, even though the pessimists may be right that the future looks bleak for us, the fact is, the title of my post is correct. Ammo supply *in my little geographic area* is improving.

Last edited:
$25 per 50 fmj at one of my local shops, limit 2. He sells out fast..

Cheaper to buy a case on GB now vs psa, yikes.

So this is the first step in the right direction that I have seen in a LONG time.

Things ARE slowly changing. This store that has had *Zero* (not even 1 box at any price) of 9mm for 14 months; just saw this many cases yesterday. Now having said that, they want $32.99 per box, limit 1.

Does it suck they are charging that much? YES!. BUT my point is, Step 1 is getting the supply back.

View attachment 7594562

And to think that I just drove past there this afternoon and did not stop.

I've also heard about previously unobtainable powders and primers showing up on shelves.

I am grateful that I didn't get caught short and have to pay any stupid prices for this stuff.

Reactions: Nomad0001
For the more pessimistic respondents, here are a couple more pictures from today 4/1/21. Different store, did *not* stand in line at 6am (photos were taken around 2 to3 pm). No lines. The prices are marked (you can read them). About $17 for a box of 115 grain 9mm Blazer Brass. Plenty 45 ACP, many other popular calibers. Supply is getting better, and prices are dropping (at least in my area, which admittedly is in a free state). Also limit has increased to 4 boxes per customer.

C0F20ACC-160B-4474-A798-545711C54052.jpeg
C2427067-6AF2-4CA6-9E76-CC2D2A41381E.jpeg

I was in Scheels yesterday. They used to have one aisle dedicated to ammo.

It's now 1/2 an aisle and where the other half was, is now something else. so I doubt ammo is "coming back."

So, even though the pessimists may be right that the future looks bleak for us, the fact is, the title of my post is correct. Ammo supply *in my little geographic area* is improving.

I found lots 10# of 4832SC powder yesterday at astronomical prices and it was sold out in less than 3 minutes --but that's the first I'd seen months

I think what we're going to see --with a looming Gun Ban bill + the fact this extreme shortage has freaked everyone out so much --the shortage will continue for a bit. Especially in higher population areas because people have learned now to BUY and HOARD. We'll see...

Reactions: KZP
Well damn I guess all the I'm having fun laughing at the unprepared is coming to an end.....

I picked up 2-50rnd boxes of 9mm for $23 ea yesterday at a local hardware store, that was all they had, got 1 box there a few weeks ago. Shit, I've been re-selling it, and even a little of my stash to co-workers...

The shotshell situation seems to be getting worse. Probably due to the weather getting better for shooting.

Reactions: whiskeytower
The shotshell situation seems to be getting worse. Probably due to the weather getting better for shooting.
I have seen it several places, can't remember not seeing it, haven't really watched prices. That's something I've always stayed well stocked with. Now that I'll be owning a shockwave I will try mini-shells, if I like the results, will start to stock up as the market let's me.

I was in Scheels yesterday. They used to have one aisle dedicated to ammo.

It's now 1/2 an aisle and where the other half was, is now something else. so I doubt ammo is "coming back."
Same thing for Bass Pro was in 2x last week. The 2 ammo aisles are now full of ammo boxes, gun cases and cleanings supplies. The condensed the factory ammo down to a 2 shelf rolling cart which had a lot of empty space on it too. It will come back, but not anytime soon is my gut feeling.

o2xcm5B5Mc3AeiedsfOXolbwIDNS_yYM9rvna4ds2Ccq0q1R_OO2E9lDmCv8L-Y3ye5B8hNIMWxkHdddFd8tP_HAspHv82rKla90FdtuTzcISTqIJcvXvNgTLuLt98eBCoi7ztMT

Saw this yesterday
Federal 12 gauge #8 was $15.00 a box.

Let that shit sit at those high prices, or it will never come down. Let them drown in their high priced ammo for the next 90 days or so and maybe we can get back to some decent pricing. I was paying .16 cents a round for bulk 9mm and .26 cents a round for bulk 5.56 before the shit show. Let's get at least close to back to that, otherwise these guys will just price gouge us all. That 999.00 for a 1,000 rounds of 5.56 is fucking joke.

Let that shit sit at those high prices, or it will never come down. Let them drown in their high priced ammo for the next 90 days or so and maybe we can get back to some decent pricing. I was paying .16 cents a round for bulk 9mm and .26 cents a round for bulk 5.56 before the shit show. Let's get at least close to back to that, otherwise these guys will just price gouge us all. That 999.00 for a 1,000 rounds of 5.56 is fucking joke.
Agree. Now that the supply is coming back a bit, let it sit there until the prices are more reasonable. Now having said that I don't see the prices going back to Trump era prices for many years...

I think that is incorrect. As a trapshooter, USPSA shooter and now PRS, I see a trend.

It seems shotgun primers are VERY hard to find, and I mean in loaded ammo. Reloading, forget it. I have been told and have seen all primer raw materials and mfg capacity going to rifle and pistol primers. There is less demand for shotgun shells.

As to the OP........................... PSA can suck my ass for that bullshit!!!!

That is gouging the likes of which you have to pay 7$ to get into a gun show to experience!

Here in Wisconsin, any ammo you can find is for the most part the same price it used to be. You can run into Blaser Brass 9mm for 17$ish a box or CCI mimi mags for 8$ a hundo.

For PSA to have that kind of quantity on the floor and charge that is criminal. It used to be Federal white box or Blaser Brass 9mm for 169$/K shipped. I sure hope if this mess ever does end, patriots remember that shit!

It will be many years, if ever, that we will see ammo prices like 2018.

New normal.

I think it will start to get better (not back to good) sooner than most people are predicting. People keep talking about the millions (or billions) of rounds that are backordered from the ammo companies.... but to my way of thinking.... that ammo is intended for us? It's backordered to companies that want to sell it, not backordered and taken out of the supply chain?

I think that is incorrect. As a trapshooter, USPSA shooter and now PRS, I see a trend.

It seems shotgun primers are VERY hard to find, and I mean in loaded ammo. Reloading, forget it. I have been told and have seen all primer raw materials and mfg capacity going to rifle and pistol primers. There is less demand for shotgun shells.

As to the OP........................... PSA can suck my ass for that bullshit!!!!

That is gouging the likes of which you have to pay 7$ to get into a gun show to experience!

Here in Wisconsin, any ammo you can find is for the most part the same price it used to be. You can run into Blaser Brass 9mm for 17$ish a box or CCI mimi mags for 8$ a hundo.

For PSA to have that kind of quantity on the floor and charge that is criminal. It used to be Federal white box or Blaser Brass 9mm for 169$/K shipped. I sure hope if this mess ever does end, patriots remember that shit!
Are you assuming PSA paid “normal” prices to get the ammunition how do you know what PSA paid for it from the distributor? Anyone who was of legal age to buy ammunition when prices were “normal” who doesn’t at least have enough ammunition for home and or personal defense is a fool and deserves to pay a fools price. I don’t know what PSA’s mark up was before all this shit and I don’t know what it is now, but as long as we are speculating what do you think the cost of an AR15 would be if there was no PSA?

Reactions: Pre64 and Howland
I found lots 10# of 4832SC powder yesterday at astronomical prices and it was sold out in less than 3 minutes --but that's the first I'd seen months

I think what we're going to see --with a looming Gun Ban bill + the fact this extreme shortage has freaked everyone out so much --the shortage will continue for a bit. Especially in higher population areas because people have learned now to BUY and HOARD. We'll see...
Well yeah, I mean look at the run on toilet paper last year.....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Doc

• Haha
Reactions: whiskeytower
For the more pessimistic respondents, here are a couple more pictures from today 4/1/21. Different store, did *not* stand in line at 6am (photos were taken around 2 to3 pm). No lines. The prices are marked (you can read them). About $17 for a box of 115 grain 9mm Blazer Brass. Plenty 45 ACP, many other popular calibers. Supply is getting better, and prices are dropping (at least in my area, which admittedly is in a free state). Also limit has increased to 4 boxes per customer.

View attachment 7595667View attachment 7595668
Those prices arent terrible.