• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMP really worth the extra $$$$$$

No, actually I got a text from someone who knew them. And said they had tried to get ahold of you in PM and you haven't answered. They posted the pic of the PM's that had been sent directly to you and you didn't respond.

I knew you were active in this thread so I tagged you as it seemed you weren't getting the PM's or responding to the thread.

The rest you're just being paranoid and making up. I couldn't care less of your opinion on an AMP or not. Definitely not enough to go searching for something to embarrass you.

Whatever you know why you posted it here instead of a pm.

Here's me telling someone in a text that you didn't scam anyone. Before I ever tagged you.

Take notice of the time stamp when I tagged you.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 3.07.40 PM.png

And here's the reason why I didn't PM you. The person who got scammed tried PMing you twice and you never responded. So, I'm not going to send a PM when it's unknown if you're even seeing them.

Especially while there's a thread going on accusing you of scamming. I'm going to take the fastest way to help the situation. In this case, tagging you in a conversation I know you're a part of is the fastest way.

1706303538675.png

You want the screenshots where they still think you are part of the scam and I'm telling them you're not?

Or does that make me an asshole too??

Here you go, since you want to be so ungrateful. Here's a screenshot of me telling them you're not a scammer after it was confirmed to be a scammer account who PM'd him out of the blue.

So, you have me telling them you're no scammer before I tag you. Me tagging you to let you know. And then me again telling them you're no scammer after.

And somehow I'm the asshole here......

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 3.32.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Here you go, since you want to be so ungrateful. Here's a screenshot of me telling them you're not a scammer after it was confirmed to be a scammer account who PM'd him out of the blue.

So, you have me telling them you're no scammer before I tag you. Me tagging you to let you know. And then me again telling them you're no scammer after.

And somehow I'm the asshole here......

View attachment 8333315
No timestamps and looks photoshopped…

1706304664999.gif

I have been watching the classifieds and when I saw the price drop I just jumped on it.

I actually wanted the buttons and don't mind just adding the AZTEC codes to my loading books. The free shipping was just an even better deal.

Same here, been looking and just said F'it and ordered one. Hard to beat this deal plus its New not buying a used unit.

The new one does have another cool feature. Detects brass and anneals without having to press ok each time. I'd buy one if anyone proved it improved accuracy.

Reactions: Capt45
For those that were interested. I was going to do a comparative of flame anneal vs induction anneal on a micro hardness tester at work. I cut and mounted one of my cases, punched and had an issue. I’d have to change the load pressure on the machine from what we use and have calibrated. I really don’t want to mess with a work machine and have problems.

Sorry guys, dropped the ball on that one

So like you going to apologize for being a dick or not?
Wow....Maury....do you have to work hard to have such an shitty attitude or does it just come naturally to you?

aimed more towards new users rather than current users.
Ah...I cynically believe its aimed more toward THEIR cost and warranty work. As said, I prefer buttons to another fucking POS touch screen.

For those that were interested. I was going to do a comparative of flame anneal vs induction anneal on a micro hardness tester at work. I cut and mounted one of my cases, punched and had an issue. I’d have to change the load pressure on the machine from what we use and have calibrated. I really don’t want to mess with a work machine and have problems.

Sorry guys, dropped the ball on that one
WE WERE ALL COUNTING ON YOU MAN!!!! YOU HAVE LET US ALL DOWN!!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

Wow....Maury....do you have to work hard to have such an shitty attitude or does it just come naturally to you?

Ah...I cynically believe its aimed more toward THEIR cost and warranty work. As said, I prefer buttons to another fucking POS touch screen.

That's a good point. I hadn't even considered the warranty side of things.

I love my amp

But I would never endure the tedium of annealing 500 hornady 223 brass on my AMP

Cause some of the issues raised in this thread are just not worth the difference in time and quality of anneal if there even is any difference in the quality. There is a major difference in time, tedium and effort.

IMG_5429.jpeg

I love my amp

But I would never endure the tedium of annealing 500 hornady 223 brass on my AMP

Cause some of the issues raised in this thread are just not worth the difference in time and quality of anneal if there even is any difference in the quality. There is a major difference in time, tedium and effort.

View attachment 8334531
This is exactly the dilemma I'm in. I have the Giraud and usually process brass in bulk, several hundred at a time from numerous range sessions. I adjust unit by caliber, check the timing with tempilaq and it's off and running, which frees me for other tasks.

I bought a basically new AMP II w/Aztec and one pilot for a great price and it should arrive next week. I'm wondering just how tedious doing 50 or 100 pieces of brass could be. I'm not sure I want to dump another $450 for the Mate and $300 for a case feeder. I know, first world problems... :)

This is exactly the dilemma I'm in. I have the Giraud and usually process brass in bulk, several hundred at a time from numerous range sessions. I adjust unit by caliber, check the timing with tempilaq and it's off and running, which frees me for other tasks.

I bought a basically new AMP II w/Aztec and one pilot for a great price and it should arrive next week. I'm wondering just how tedious doing 50 or 100 pieces of brass could be. I'm not sure I want to dump another $450 for the Mate and $300 for a case feeder. I know, first world problems... :)
Well I can tell you this, the mate and case feeder make it easier than anything else you will do. I don't know that I'd want to do a large amount of cases without them. 50 or 100 doesn't take long and it's not tedious but 300 or 500 is another matter.

I know we all have different measures of what is tedious or takes to long. For me sitting down and doing 300 cases on the amp is like 6 songs in my ear buds or a quick Cals week in review podcast and is really not tedious or a time suck at all. For me I couldn’t find doing 300 cases any easier. For the cost of the amp mate I’d rather buy more bullets. Doing 50 or 100 goes so fast it’s ridiculous with zero setup other than a couple pushes of the button for precision annealing every time.

I have used many annealers flame and induction.
I bought a Quick Annealer recently and am very happy with it. The case feed with my Dillon on it is very simple

I have used many annealers flame and induction.
I bought a Quick Annealer recently and am very happy with it. The case feed with my Dillon on it is very simple
Curious; where did you buy the Quick Annealer, and the cost?

Reactions: Rover31 and mrtoyz

Even after ordering the Amp I am still thinking the same thing...Another bought before I thought moment...I had an AMP in the past but had less time to shoot so when I annealed it was 75-125 cases at a time, now I have more time to shoot I will be running and processing 300-400 cases at a time and don't see me using the AMP as much as I would my flame annealer. And not that money is an issue I am not going to spend another $500 plus a case feeder.

Reactions: Defender3
I have a prototype MIKE'S RELOADING BENCH annealer and it's a great flame annealer. Got the Bernzomatic spiral flame torch and it performs flawlessly. That said, I am curious about the Quick Annealer. I anneal after every firing cause I have the time and enjoy the process.

Reactions: GeoDude and Capt45
Been using an amp since 2019 with an AMP mate. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Prior to that I was using a DIY induction annealer I built. It’s just nice to screw in the needed pilot, push the correct code for your brass and let it go to town while you do other stuff. I have my feeder set up for 6 Dasher and rarely change it another cartridge. I’ll do 500-1000 dasher cases at a time. When I bought my AMP they were 1.2k, but I would still get one today if I needed it. The owners are also great people.

So it looks like a bunch of people are annealing without any proof it will affect performance. I’m surprised so many people are just adding this to their workflow without any reason to think it aids in accuracy.

• Haha
Reactions: Schütze and Haney
So it looks like a bunch of people are annealing without any proof it will affect performance. I’m surprised so many people are just adding this to their workflow without any reason to think it aids in accuracy.
It sometimes seems like it, not quite sure yet.

I just started annealing with the goal of making my reloads more consistent, but if I learn down this path that there is no difference the annealer will be gone…..

I wonder if we're about to head down the Annealing Science vs Myth thread black hole. If you know, you know...

Reactions: spife7980
Why do you care what other ppl are doing, Blindly or Not, what difference does it make if everyone anneals or not?

Same would be said for why you care about what other people are talking about. We’re discussing the science and benefit of a common reloading practice. Why don’t you post a few sd and es from your shooting then we’ll decide if we should be listening to you, I posted mine….

If you don’t want to or can’t engage in this type of discussion then move along?

Why do you care what other ppl are doing, Blindly or Not, what difference does it make if everyone anneals or not?
Why do you care what he thinks , what difference does it make ? :rolleyes:

Edit...maury beat me to it, but you can still answer .

Reactions: Maurygold
Same would be said for why you care about what other people are talking about. We’re discussing the science and benefit of a common reloading practice. Why don’t you post a few sd and es from your shooting then we’ll decide if we should be listening to you, I posted mine….

If you don’t want to or can’t engage in this type of discussion then move along?

Like everyone else I have no proof that annealing helps with ES/SD...As a matter of fact I have only had one barrel out of 33+ that would consistently shoot under a 20FPS and that was annealing every 3rd or 4th firing.

Many reloaders do things that make zero difference on target, many do things because the read it here or see it on youtube. I flame anneal, the only difference I have found is less force required to resize, I have not seen any improvement in groups, muzzle velocity or even case life, but then again when shooting a new barrel I start with new brass.

Reactions: Capt45 and LR1845
Like everyone else I have no proof that annealing helps with ES/SD...As a matter of fact I have only had one barrel out of 33+ that would consistently shoot under a 20FPS and that was annealing every 3rd or 4th firing.

So maybe you should do more reading and less telling people what they should or shouldn’t talk about.

Annealing keeps the brass consistent in the neck and shoulder area which does effect the spring back in those areas. This is pretty simple to test out. Just take annealed brass from an amp and size it with .003” bump and then size some of that brass from the same lot without annealing and the shoulder bump will be different. on average about .001-.002” and that’s only from one firing. I’m not gonna go down a whole rabbit hole, but that’s physically measurable difference.

Annealing keeps the brass consistent in the neck and shoulder area which does effect the spring back in those areas. This is pretty simple to test out. Just take annealed brass from an amp and size it with .003” bump and then size some of that brass from the same lot without annealing and the shoulder bump will be different. on average about .001-.002” and that’s only from one firing. I’m not gonna go down a whole rabbit hole, but that’s physically measurable difference.

Agree. But no one has been able to correlate that to a measurable benefit in sd/es or downstream to accuracy. Same for the “more consistent seating force”.

In fact we have had several people join this thread and say they saw no difference.