• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision And then there was one — Wilcox RAID-x

So I guess I missed whatever the latest 'infraction' was over there... why'd they boot you this time?

The Penguin hates me. Nuked my Lifer account because I trolled GD.

For the best. ARF has dipped well below any useful S/N. It was just a time-waster.

This place is a time-waster too, but it’s a slightly higher class of clientele. :p

Reactions: imacad and E-Tool

For the best. ARF has dipped well below any useful S/N. It was just a time-waster.

This place is a time-waster too, but it’s a slightly higher class of clientele. :p
Well a man has to have a place to waste some time with fellow time wasters. :)

Glad for the company of your wasted time.(y)

Yeah I need to quit posting over there, its making my brain hurt. Striker currently has a hard on for me over there too.

I still have Free TheHorta in my sig line though, haha

Okay, I know you have the RAID X and NGAL , which one would you buy IF you could only have one of these two? I already have a MAWL & PEQ-15.

Thanks,

Lynn

Actually, I don't have an NGAL. I'm on the hunt for a legit one that emits zero radiation. 😋

Actually, I don't have an NGAL. I'm on the hunt for a legit one that emits zero radiation. 😋

Sorry, my bad but you do have EVERYTHING else!!!!!

Anyone have experience with both and would like to comment, please do!!

Thanks,

Lynn

Reactions: TheHorta
Sorry, my bad but you do have EVERYTHING else!!!!!

Anyone have experience with both and would like to comment, please do!!

Thanks,

Lynn

DiRTy Dan has the skinny on both. 😋

Okay, I know you have the RAID X and NGAL , which one would you buy IF you could only have one of these two? I already have a MAWL & PEQ-15.
I'd skip the NGAL, because it's just a small LA-5 - doesn't really bring anything new to the table other than the form factor. The Wilcox unit has a handful of different quick-change modes similar to the MAWL, as well as the MAWL-type VCSEL for that nice clean illuminator beam. It's overly complicated (as with most Wilcox stuff) and the one I handled had a perceptible delay between pressing the fire button and the unit activating - less than I experienced with the RAPTAR-LITE, but still noticed it. I'd just stick with the MAWL though for real unless you're doing long range clip-on work, where the focusable illuminator would be helpful. That's the only time I turn to other devices, because the MAWL has the fixed beam that is only good so far.

Correction - the NGAL may also use a VCSEL, I'm really not sure. All their marketing materials list an "advanced illuminator" but don't come out and define it. Maybe some of the guys around these parts that sell the restricted stuff can clarify that.

Last edited:
Green laser.

Not sure I have a preference. I don’t use VIS lasers, except for co-aligned sighting in. In which case, green is slightly more visible during the day.

Reactions: Eliteuas
Horta was a very wise man in this case. Why poke a snake if you do not have to. It gains you nothing and you may get bit.

I spent 30 years in the FBI, and can tell you that the vast majority of agents are very dedicated to their jobs and do not go out of their way to cause issues, but an example of poking a snake is Capone in Chicago. He beat a lot of wraps but they kept going and got him on taxes.

I personally believe that many of the restrictions placed on items should be removed--IE suppressors. If you are already licensed under the CHL or LTC the background has already been done--and ATF does no more, as a matter of fact they do not do the background for the suppressor-it is shipped to the bureau.

Anyway , just a couple thoughts.

Semper FI

I personally believe that many of the restrictions placed on items should be removed--IE suppressors. If you are already licensed under the CHL or LTC the background has already been done--and ATF does no more, as a matter of fact they do not do the background for the suppressor-it is shipped to the bureau.

Anyway , just a couple thoughts.

Semper FI

Man, you're preaching to the choir. I'm in California (so technically legal to own a suppressor, but they won't approve one), and it boggles my mind that I can have a fairly high security clearance, that is a hell of a lot more intensive than any BATF background check, and yet I can't be "trusted" to own a suppressor or purchase a firearm without a 10 day "cool down" period. No sense whatsoever. The last 5 year PR (periodic review) I did, was 26 pages long, and listed contacts, family data and financials for the last 10 years...

Communists do what Communists do.

1600105776084.png

Reactions: deersniper
Man, you're preaching to the choir. I'm in California (so technically legal to own a suppressor, but they won't approve one), and it boggles my mind that I can have a fairly high security clearance, that is a hell of a lot more intensive than any BATF background check, and yet I can't be "trusted" to own a suppressor or purchase a firearm without a 10 day "cool down" period. No sense whatsoever. The last 5 year PR (periodic review) I did, was 26 pages long, and listed contacts, family data and financials for the last 10 years...
I thought CA was a hard no on suppressors?

Communists do what Communists do.

View attachment 7423620
Agree with the statement. Edit: I was wrong! Story of the image https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_of_Nguyễn_Văn_Lém American partner force senior leader executes VC. Still happens, nothing new

Last edited:
Technically, you can, but they only approve it for Hollywood and other businesses. So, mine is on a trust in Montana, and stays there for hunting and PD's.
Sweet. I can go visit it for you if you like. Make sure they are treating it well. God am I glad I left CA after forty something years.

• Haha
Reactions: MarinePMI
I thought CA was a hard no on suppressors?

Agree with the statement. Edit: I was wrong! Story of the image https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_of_Nguyễn_Văn_Lém American partner force senior leader executes VC. Still happens, nothing new
Point I was driving at was Communists do what Communists do ~Die~. He be a good commie now as in the only good commie is a dead commie.

Commifornia has a lot of them. Their ultimate goal is to overthrow this country and kill free America.

Sweet. I can go visit it for you if you like. Make sure they are treating it well. God am I glad I left CA after forty something years.

Counting down the years until I can unass this AO...it's getting stupid crazy here in SoCal. San Diego used to be the last bastion of conservatives in SoCal, but now that BioMed has moved in...time to plan an exit...

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Counting down the years until I can unass this AO...it's getting stupid crazy here in SoCal. San Diego used to be the last bastion of conservatives in SoCal, but now that BioMed has moved in...time to plan an exit...
I grew up in a town where, when I was a kid, as many people would ride horses to the local grocery store as cars. Now it is literally the center of Silicon Valley excess, and probably 75% of the people have bodyguards. It's crazy how fast things change.

Technically, you can, but they only approve it for Hollywood and other businesses. So, mine is on a trust in Montana, and stays there for hunting and PD's.
That's insane. I'll have to do some reading. Curious what business is "legitimately" approved for suppressors

That's insane. I'll have to do some reading. Curious what business is "legitimately" approved for suppressors

Mostly businesses that supply props and weapons for Hollywood as I understand it, and SOTs that make or use suppressors for government contract work. And then there's LEO and Federal agents of course (we have had a few come to the range with their suppressors)...

Point I was driving at was Communists do what Communists do ~Die~. He be a good commie now as in the only good commie is a dead commie.

Commifornia has a lot of them. Their ultimate goal is to overthrow this country and kill free America.
You okay there big boy? Sounds like you need some well deserved cry-time in your safe-space...:ROFLMAO:

How does it compare to the PERST? With the wide field?
I am debating the cost of a Raid-X over a PERST 3+.

How does it compare to the PERST? With the wide field?
I am debating the cost of a Raid-X over a PERST 3+.

You can have four (4) Perst 3+ for the cost of a single Raid-X. There’s really no comparison, honestly. I have a Perst 3+ too, and for the money it simply cannot be beat. The Raid is THE best IR laser/illuminator on the planet, in my personal opinion. It just does everything well, in a tiny package that weighs 5-ounces. The MAWL sits between the Perst and Raid, both in terms price and performance. I prefer the MAWL over the Perst and the Raid over the MAWL. Once Wilcox releases a Raptar S replacement based on the Raid, my life will be complete.

You can have four (4) Perst 3+ for the cost of a single Raid-X. There’s really no comparison, honestly. I have a Perst 3+ too, and for the money it simply cannot be beat. The Raid is THE best IR laser/illuminator on the planet, in my personal opinion. It just does everything well, in a tiny package that weighs 5-ounces. The MAWL sits between the Perst and Raid, both in terms price and performance. I prefer the MAWL over the Perst and the Raid over the MAWL. Once Wilcox releases a Raptar S replacement based on the Raid, my life will be complete.

It will:

- cost $25000/unit because wilcox is fucking retarded as usual

- require some sort of 6 piece attachment system that also requires a special proprietary rail that you need to install in place of your current rail, yet the rail will only come in a 8 inch carbine configuration

- not integrate with ANYTHING else on the planet yet will also require some weird software to install via your computer that can only transfer via a 1100$ cable only wilcox makes

- use some 'improved' phased emitter tech that when compared to the Raid, is horrible. But its improved!1!11

- come in 2 versions, one with full power laser/illum and one with a shit tier illuminator/sort of full power laser. The 2nd version is what they will have available.

- weigh more than what the sum of the Raptar and Raid weigh, and noone can figure out why.

- continue to be 'user friendly' by limiting LED screen wording to 1 letter and 1 special character to tell you features, settings and distance.

- restricted to 'military and LE only' yet no military or LEO organization actually buys this overinflated wilcox shit

- not have any kind of cosine indicator nor will the ballistics system integrate with it; but it'll have 14 different shades of visable red laser

- definetly include like, 5 stickers

Last edited:
I am reading the above in partially translated, angry Sud-Bayern dialect. Makes me all warm inside.

It is just hard to determine if the Raid-X is really worth the coin or if it is just something really cool. I am not really planning to shoot much more that 600-800m at night. I found a place that will do the Raid-X for $3500

Decisions

I am reading the above in partially translated, angry Sud-Bayern dialect. Makes me all warm inside.

It is just hard to determine if the Raid-X is really worth the coin or if it is just something really cool. I am not really planning to shoot much more that 600-800m at night. I found a place that will do the Raid-X for $3500

Decisions

Honestly, buy a grey market PEQ15/2A.

Decisions

If you don’t buy it, PM me and I certainly will, provided it wasn’t pre-loved by Uncle Sugar.

If you don’t buy it, PM me and I certainly will, provided it wasn’t pre-loved by Uncle Sugar.
Yep, Uncle Sugar Claps lingers hidden ready to raise its head at any time and that BIG OLE Penicillin needle hurts like hell. :LOL:

• Haha
It will:

- cost $25000/unit because wilcox is fucking retarded as usual

- require some sort of 6 piece attachment system that also requires a special proprietary rail that you need to install in place of your current rail, yet the rail will only come in a 8 inch carbine configuration

- not integrate with ANYTHING else on the planet yet will also require some weird software to install via your computer that can only transfer via a 1100$ cable only wilcox makes

- use some 'improved' phased emitter tech that when compared to the Raid, is horrible. But its improved!1!11

- come in 2 versions, one with full power laser/illum and one with a shit tier illuminator/sort of full power laser. The 2nd version is what they will have available.

- weigh more than what the sum of the Raptar and Raid weigh, and noone can figure out why.

- continue to be 'user friendly' by limiting LED screen wording to 1 letter and 1 special character to tell you features, settings and distance.

- restricted to 'military and LE only' yet no military or LEO organization actually buys this overinflated wilcox shit

- not have any kind of cosine indicator nor will the ballistics system integrate with it; but it'll have 14 different shades of visable red laser

- definetly include like, 5 stickers

For those that don't know the basis for his opinion, I present the epic review post of the RAPTAR ES: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/my-wilcox-raptar-es-review.6951201/

Raptar S fixes most complaints... most.

TracIR cable availability is a cruel joke.

It’s the size of a brick house.

Rail issue is a giant joke.

Buy one of Wigs latest Raptar ES PRG Group Buy units.

Got mine last week. Brand spankin’ new and came with QD mount!

Last edited:
Reactions: MCHOG and stefan73
Mostly businesses that supply props and weapons for Hollywood as I understand it, and SOTs that make or use suppressors for government contract work. And then there's LEO and Federal agents of course (we have had a few come to the range with their suppressors)...
That sucks. I used to live there, but didn't own any suppressors back then. Hope y'all are staying safe from the fires.

Got to test my buddy’s raid x. I’ve got a MAWL c1 for reference. Nods were high spec L3 Filmless WP ultra light BNVD’s.

The Raid is now my favorite lam. It’s tiny, light, powerful and I really dig the divergence wheel in the back. SMOOTH but has just enough friction to hold.

I like the centerline laser, you just need to set up around that. CQB mode lit up the area we were in with a lot of flood.1000 sqft of space was Covered no issue and bright. This is obviously extremely useful if in a building.

The Mawl feels like a brick hanging off the front while the raid is nimble, almost feels like there is nothing off there. Sits nice and low. I also like the ergo’s espceciall if you cant the weapon

400 yards with the Illuminator was no issue, obviously same with the laser.

Finally, the illumination is clean, like the Mawl just more pronounced beam on high.

I’ve not used an NGAL. That said, the raid is a beast and cannot imagine an NGAL being “better.”

I WANT ONE!!

The Tan are standard shipment from Wilcox. Black RAID’s are special order. All the one’s I’m seeing out there are tan.

It’s never been done. @jwramp
Nope. That's an incredibly stupid idea.

The tough part is sifting through all the complaints after about which units weren't compared. Like... I'm not a dealer. I'm getting zero dollars for this stuff, so if you wanna see something on the line, just send it! Ahem like out to 1000yd+ here in November...

I have not seen one with full power options like the RAID vs Atilla vs PEQ-15 vs PEQ2 etc

Just dreaming I guess:unsure:

• Love