• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Andres Industries

mirage98

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2010
New Braunfels, TX
What's the scoop on Andres Industries?

An email hit my inbox about the AG TigIR-Z and it looks very interesting...

I had a short exchange with them via email.

Looks like a very capable device for about 1/2 of what a UTCxii costs. They won't sell the civies the mil version which is ratttarded. The screen specs look quite nice. Doubt it has an optical wedge / risley prism, so not a true clip-on. Maybe they've engineered some new tech to negate the need?

Another member on here has first hand experience on these units. I'm sure he'll speak up.

I have some experience behind both the Tilo 640 and the TigIR-6M. They either (a) don’t seem too motivated to penetrate the US market or (b) there are hurdles that they’re having difficulty negotiating. Andres isn’t exactly a well known entity in the US, and L3Harris/EOTech has the .GOV market sewn-up while Trijicon and others have the domestic market.

That said, the Tilo/TigIR products are flat-out awesome. The TigIR-6M is every bit a UTC-Xii competitor and it has a retail price of $12K. Because EU gun laws being what they are, anything that is compatible with a 1913 rail is automatically a .MIL product, which to us here is idiotic. I believe Andres would be reasonable and open the 6M to .CIV purchase in the US market.

The Tilo is a sweet little piece of kit, and works great on a helmet. The TigIR is a home run in thermal clip-ons and doesn’t give away much at all to the UTC. It is smaller, lighter, has a higher resolution display, similar detection range, and has a sub-MOA POI shift in my testing.

I’m on the short-list for a personal unit. If/when I get one, you can be sure I’ll waste little time in doing my patented Horta Humblebrag. 😊

Reactions: Eliteuas
I know guys from Andres Industries and have a lot of respect for them. They are designing and building new and innovative products in Germany and they are doing their best to make them right. The problem with export to the US and other countries is related to German laws. Any product that may remotely look as military or weapon mountable is a big "no-no".

Reactions: TheHorta
That's too bad. I wonder if they can just leave some threads tapped into the bottom and sell a mount as a separate US only accessory... I'd buy on right away.

Reactions: TheHorta
This is Will from Will's Optics! We will be submitting an order next week, taking preorders now. Tilo 3Z+ and 6Z+ are on the shelf ready to ship. TigIR will be available end of August/Mid September, also taking preorders now.

Since danish law has been changed, we now have the possibility to own and use weapon mounted NV and thermal for pest control.
So, i'm the type of guy that only want the best.
Pulsar would be a no-brainer here, because these are available. The TigIR would be possible to import with a bit of paperwork, but i won't go down that route, unless i know it's a premium product.

So, Horta, do your magic.

Is there any new info on these? Specifically the 3z+? I'm on the hunt for a monocular/scanner for duty use. I am not a fan of flir's recent policy on sales, but there doesn't seem to be any feasible alternative to the breach so that's the direction I was headed. These came on the radar and I'm trying to find info. It's at the very top, if not a bit over, my budget.

Can the tilo 3z+ be helmet mounted and used with an articulating pvs14 setup? Can it be mounted and stowed with both 14's deployed, then roll a 14 up and roll the tilo in?

What's the boot up time? Can it be rolled in and put to use immediately? Or is there a delay getting it online?

How does the performance of the 3z+ compare to the breach?

Does the clip on function of the 3z+ function acceptable on a lpvo? This would be a recreational use outside of work. Work use would all be handheld or head mounted for tracking/follow-up purposes.

I'm really still leaning towards the breach due to track record. The bulk of the tilo reviews I've found are geared towards airsoft or in German that I can't understand on YouTube.

Hi,

POC on this forum for such information would be @SkyScrapin

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Is there any new info on these? Specifically the 3z+? I'm on the hunt for a monocular/scanner for duty use. I am not a fan of flir's recent policy on sales, but there doesn't seem to be any feasible alternative to the breach so that's the direction I was headed. These came on the radar and I'm trying to find info. It's at the very top, if not a bit over, my budget.

Can the tilo 3z+ be helmet mounted and used with an articulating pvs14 setup? Can it be mounted and stowed with both 14's deployed, then roll a 14 up and roll the tilo in?

What's the boot up time? Can it be rolled in and put to use immediately? Or is there a delay getting it online?

How does the performance of the 3z+ compare to the breach?

Does the clip on function of the 3z+ function acceptable on a lpvo? This would be a recreational use outside of work. Work use would all be handheld or head mounted for tracking/follow-up purposes.

I'm really still leaning towards the breach due to track record. The bulk of the tilo reviews I've found are geared towards airsoft or in German that I can't understand on YouTube.

@DutyRanger

Shoot me a PM with your # and I will give you a call.

Preston