• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annie annealer

BoulderE89

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2019
St. George, UT
So I’ve been thinking of getting an Annie annealer. I know the amp is the popular choice here but at half the cost its hard for me to justify buying it because I wouldn’t be able to save up for it till probably next year, but I could buy the Annie by saving up the next few months. Does anyone use the Annie annealer and is it worth your while or would I just waste my money by not getting the amp? I am willing to wait and save if the Annie isn’t worth it. Just wanna hear some first hand experience for the Annie

I have one and love it. It is fast and accurate. That being said, it has been at Fluxeon for upgrade since December.

Supposedly parts problems coming out of China. Not sure I fully believe that, but that is what I have been told several times.

I got my Annie a couple months ago and I really like it. Big step up from flame annealing without the big cost of going with an Amp

I got my Annie a couple months ago and I really like it. Big step up from flame annealing without the big cost of going with an Amp
Did you go with the water coils or the clamp ones? I’m curious if there’s a difference in performance between the two styles

Did you go with the water coils or the clamp ones? I’m curious if there’s a difference in performance between the two styles

I went with the water-cooled ones. From what I understand, you will get throttled by the temperature building up if you don't.

are these safe to have in my reloading room since there is no flame?

I've had one on order. I guess there are some issues with components that they weren't satisfied with. Supposedly it will be sorted in the next week.

I ordered one over a month ago. Before I placed my order I emailed Fluxeon asking about current lead times what with the whole covid situation. They told me 10 days to two weeks. I placed my order May 3rd. Two weeks later (May 18th) I asked about the current status of my order. They (Garett) told me I was 13th in queue and I should expect a shipping notice the following week. I emailed again on May 29th asking about the order status. This time I was now 16th in queue (??) and was told again I should expect a shipping notice the following week (I got the same explanation about the issue with component sourcing). As of today I still have not received any shipping notice. I'm not adverse to long lead times in this very niche hobby but I'd rather someone give me a 6 month lead time and be pleasantly surprised when it arrives earlier than deal with constant empty promises.

• Sad
Reactions: LG65CM and E-Tool
I think mine is the 36th off the production line. These machines are great specially water cooled and can be easily be set up for automation

I think mine is the 36th off the production line. These machines are great specially water cooled and can be easily be set up for automation
Id like to hear about this. Giraud has a message that my interpretation is that may no longer be an option.

The other i believe is one listed on their site which is roughly $500. Then ya need a case feeder like the dillon 650 or 750 I believe. Having said that im not sure how to mesh it all together. Vague in my opinion. I'm not sure cost of the case feeder but things are adding up and still my opinion is it will take an electronics smart guy to make it work.
I wish there was an option to buy a package with good instructions.

Id like to hear about this. Giraud has a message that my interpretation is that may no longer be an option.

The other i believe is one listed on their site which is roughly $500. Then ya need a case feeder like the dillon 650 or 750 I believe. Having said that im not sure how to mesh it all together. Vague in my opinion. I'm not sure cost of the case feeder but things are adding up and still my opinion is it will take an electronics smart guy to make it work.
I wish there was an option to buy a package with good instructions.

Just make your own table with an RC car serve and an arduino brain and some sort of sensor

Just make your own table with an RC car serve and an arduino brain and some sort of sensor
So I'm a very confident mechanic and love tools. Unfortunately, I'm an electrical moron. I've held off diving into it and need a good book for beginners so I could do something like this and not have to rely on a kit. Most kits take advantage of those that can't.

I’ve posted it many times before don’t believe this company they suck. Lead time is bullshit with these people. i was told 3-4 week. Ended up taking I think almost two months. Yeah gun stuff never arrives on time. Then I said I annealed 233-338 cases. The gave me the ferrite for 233. After 3-4 tries finally got everything I neede. Then less than 100 rounds the machine broke.

I’ve posted it many times before don’t believe this company they suck. Lead time is bullshit with these people. i was told 3-4 week. Ended up taking I think almost two months. Yeah gun stuff never arrives on time. Then I said I annealed 233-338 cases. The gave me the ferrite for 233. After 3-4 tries finally got everything I neede. Then less than 100 rounds the machine broke.
Damn that is quite the glowing recommendation. What happened after your machine broke?
I ordered on May 4th and received shipping confirmation today. I'm hoping this doesn't become a full time troubleshooting problem

So I'm a very confident mechanic and love tools. Unfortunately, I'm an electrical moron. I've held off diving into it and need a good book for beginners so I could do something like this and not have to rely on a kit. Most kits take advantage of those that can't.

The machine is easy to set up, and you don't need a mechanical loader. I built a loading tray with a hole in the middle to place the case, and a piece of wood underneath with a thick rubber band acting as a spring/lever. I simply place the case in the hole (which has the coil around it), hit the button, then rotate the board out of the way. The case drops, the board springs back, and I place another case in. 3-4 seconds per case.

The machine is easy to set up, and you don't need a mechanical loader. I built a loading tray with a hole in the middle to place the case, and a piece of wood underneath with a thick rubber band acting as a spring/lever. I simply place the case in the hole (which has the coil around it), hit the button, then rotate the board out of the way. The case drops, the board springs back, and I place another case in. 3-4 seconds per case.
That would actually be perfect

Damn that is quite the glowing recommendation. What happened after your machine broke?
I ordered on May 4th and received shipping confirmation today. I'm hoping this doesn't become a full time troubleshooting problem

Made them let me return it and my money.

Reactions: LG65CM and ifgator
I just grab my cases by then rim and hold them in the gap and then toss them in a little metal bread pan.

I hold my cases with a small torx driver that the torx end just fits in flash hole loosely. Hit the button and the induction automatically centers case shoulder/neck in the coil. Then dump or gently place in bowl and grab next case and stick on torx driver. Plenty fast enough. Annie coil obviously has to be hanging over edge of table or bench to hold case from below

Got mine back from upgrading this week and it is a whole new machine. Times for 308 LC dropped from 2.6 to 1.3 seconds and much better duty cycle. It took awhile but it is even better than before.

Reactions: gigamortis
I 'm looking to order the whole bundles. What size case's go with the different size coils.

In the coil I show in the video above, my 300 PRC cases fit well. I don't know if a 338 case would fit or not. I have some old 300 RUM cases around somewhere, but I can't find them to see how they'd do.

I finally got mine after a 3 month wait, annealed around 100 cases and now when I power it on the beeper stays on and doesn’t turn off...
Anyone?

Aren’t your cases supposed to not get red ?
In bright day light I doubt you would ever see the glow but I have found when I’m doing mine in lower light (such as the one time I did it inside) that the point where 750 tempilaq changes is pretty damn nearly exactly the same point that they just start to glow. So while I may have gone .2-.3 seconds shorter myself (Just pure speculation pulled out of my ass, I let tempilaq tell me) I can’t say that glow showing up indoors is an issue without having seen the testing that led him to that point.

Last edited:
That’s all that matters I guess lol. I had always heard if they get hot enough to glow, it’s ruined the case. But that’s the internet for ya
There are probably more myths about annealing floating around than almost any other gun topic. I believe many people don't reach a high enough temperature to do anything except a little bit of placebo affect.

I ordered mine on Aug. 27 and was told it was a 3 week lead time by Garrett himself. I inquired about my order on Sept. 27 and was told I went from 52 to 19 in the que and it would be another 10-14 days. Now - Oct. 27 I inquired again and can not get a response. I may dispute charges with PayPal and go a different route. Buyer beware guys - their customer service sucks.

In bright day light I doubt you would ever see the glow but I have found when I’m doing mine in lower light (such as the one time I did it inside) that the point where 750 tempilaq changes is pretty damn nearly exactly the same point that they just start to glow. So while I may have gone .2-.3 seconds shorter myself (Just pure speculation pulled out of my ass, I let tempilaq tell me) I can’t say that glow showing up indoors is an issue without having seen the testing that led him to that point.

Can confirm. To set the time, I look for the Tempilaq to turn, as well as a brief (maybe 0.1 seconds) dull glow visible with the lights out, right at the end of the annealing cycle. In daylight, you can't see the glow, but there is a slight but noticable color change which descends down the neck, almost like water evaporating off it. Depending on how oxidized the outside surface of the case is, this same point also gives the little Lapua rainbow color pattern just below the shoulder.

Reactions: spife7980