• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another added benefit to wet tumbling

NCHillbilly

Libertata Aut Morte
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2012
    The occupied states of America
    So, if there are any number of folks on the hide that are converting 5.56 to 300 blk and you've already figured this out, forgive me. I'm sometimes late to the party.
    So, I've got a shit ton of 5.56 brass that I'm converting to 300 blk. After the initial rough cut, as you know, the case mouth is pretty rough with burrs and whatnot. It was really getting monotonous having to deburr and chamfer those cases in prep for resizing and necking down. I had already deprimed them and was planning on wet tumbling with ss pins anyway, so I tossed them in, added dawn and lemi-shine, and let them run for about 4.5 hours. I was pleasantly surprised with how well they came out, as far as the case mouths were concerned. The tumbling really did a good job of deburring the cases, saving a bunch of manual labor.
    Hope this helps some of you fellas.

You're probably still going to need to chamfer them as much of those burs are likely to have rolled inward making the rim on inside part of the mouth a little thicker than the rest of the neck wall. That can lead to seating issues.

Reactions: Pilotscrappy