• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Another GAP in da house! With camo 'how to' pics..

Re: Another GAP in da house! With camo 'how to' pics..

The original post: best paint job I have seen in a long time. Gonna have to learn that sponge technique

First, does this affect your accuracy at all, removing barrel and action after an expensive bedding job?

Second, did you put a clear coat over it, or leave it plain?

Nice look btw, got me thinking about going with a Marine Digital camo..

Did a quicky on my "HALRSR" (Humble Awesome Long Range Sniper Rifle) the Marlin XL7
wink.gif

Here's a close up that shows some detail on using a sponge and filter material to blob the paint. It's really east to do.

Marlin2.jpg

Thanks for the how-to, painted mine a few days ago. It turned out great.

Love that sponge technique paint job. Looks like that's my next project for my LTR.

Re: Another GAP in da house! With camo 'how to' pi

How many min. did you wait before you used the sponge, which spong did you buy

*EDIT* How did you use the brush, did you pat the brush, swirl it, or what? Can you please tell me this?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

looks like a really easy way to do flectarn & multicam jobs, thanks for the good writeups!

Taggage

Thanks for posting your directions on painting. I'm definately going to give this a go. Your stock and Gordos look awesome.
JH

I'm for sure going to try that

Very nice set ups. I am going to copy your camo on my boring Rem 700 5r stock. Can your post a pic of the sponge you used? Was it a kitchen sponge? Thanks

VPD of a Deployed 3/7 Marine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, does this affect your accuracy at all, removing barrel and action after an expensive bedding job?</div></div>

If the action is carefully removed, it wont damage the bedding, you just need to be gentle, don't force it out or you may chip the bedding around the recoil lug. You also want to make sure not to get any paint in the bedded action area, it is a "cast" of the action and you don't want anything foreign in the stock when you remount the action.

BTW, great work, paint looks real good.

Kirk R

Typically, I hate paint jobs. This one looks really good though.

That looks really good I might have to try a set of spare AICS skins I have..

Dustin

I really like how that turned out and it looks soo easy. I gotta try this!!