• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Android experts?

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2011
    High Plains
    My wife's Samsung Galaxy phone is stuck in a power-on/boot-up loop. It displays three screen pictures sequentially, 1, ....2, .....3, .....1, .....2, .....3, ..... forever.

I can get to a maintenance page by doing a Volume Down + Power. And I can get to an Android Recovery page by doing a Home + Volume Up + Power. But the choices on those two pages don't get the phone to start up. I haven't tried the Factory Reset choice since we are trying to save some data.

Is there a way to enable the USB for data transfer when the phone is stuck in a power-on loop?

Oh man talk about memories! I had an old Galaxy phone that would randomly power off and turn back on to the point it would drain my battery. The only way I managed to stop the loop was to just randomly keep pressing the power button. It worked, but it just got too annoying and I wanted a phone with a bigger screen anyways so got rid of it.

I was going to type what you already tried then decided to reread your post . Try cutting the head off a chicken while cursing in Spanish and gyratin yer pelvis like yer tryin a dust the coffee table with yer nuts .
    Asking fer a friend .

• Haha
    Reactions: norcalAF
    If the screen is on hold the power and volume down for a couple seconds and it will reboot. If the phone is off hold the power and volume down until you see it boot and let go. This will put you in the bootloader screen you can reboot it from in there as well. The factory data reset is on that screen as well which you will probably need to do.

1681534178734.jpeg

• Haha
    Reactions: Alphatreedog
    If the wipe cache option in the boot loader didn't work your probably going need a factory reset.

If you have a plug in flash card that data will remain if you were utilizing it, and hopefully she had the cloud backups enabled.

Reactions: 101st and ShtrRdy
    The did come out with a fix. They call it iPhone

Switched our phones to apple six or seven years ago. Wife used her's for three years and lost a lot of crap when it died. I kept mine for 24 hours and went back to Samsung. Had to use a cable to connect to my truck. No problems with the Galaxy.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
    You should back up your phone, no matter the manufacturer. No reason not to really.
    Mostly the iPhone/android is just user preference. I like apple as it’s easier for me to transfer data and screen mirroring between my phone, computers, and tv.
    They all have their pros and cons. I personally did the opposite of you. Tried a galaxy and thought it sucked and went back to my iPhone 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Animal357
    Switched our phones to apple six or seven years ago. Wife used her's for three years and lost a lot of crap when it died. I kept mine for 24 hours and went back to Samsung. Had to use a cable to connect to my truck. No problems with the Galaxy.
    If you care more about a cable than privacy, usability, durability and customer service, go for Samsung

Why would you expect not to lose data that you don’t back up?

Reactions: jb0311
    Iphone is FAR from a superior product. I have both
    So if the only thing you disagree with is my assertion of it being superior, that means that you agree that it offers higher privacy, better protections against malware and great customer service. By definition, that makes it a superior product.

you agree that it offers higher privacy, better protections against malware and great customer service.

this quote is priceless. This is the exact reason people refer to apple fan boys as a cult

Here is 3 seconds of looking at google on Apple privacy

For every additional second you look, you will find more problems.

Apple does not get malware is another myth. Again search for the truth, not knowing and thinking you are safe makes it even worse

The choice between Apple and Samsung is a simple a preference for UI, App availability, maybe customization, price, and interaction with a desktop computer

Has fucking nothing to do with what you say in the quote above.

ALL PHONES SUCK A BAG OF DONKEY DICKS WITH REGARDS TO PRIVACY AND SECURITY

Samsung sucks too, I am not a fucking samsung fan boy either, both options are shitty. To think one isn't shitty is the real crime