• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any car guys/mechs?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    Looking to see if any car gurus can help track down parts for a 04 Cadillac CTS-V LS6.7; particularly the ABS module and moderator. If you have any solid leads where to find these parts please let me know.

I am not an expert I am just a shade tree home mechanic trying to keep his fleet operational
    I have some good luck with online salvage yards
    just search up online salvage yards
    have a little form letter ready with part numbers and car specifics and just start a spam campaign of all those dealers until one replies with a price. Have been very successful with old honda parts

Have you checked with your local dealers? Is the part discontinued or something?

Thepartsfarm.com is a good place to check for pets for performance cars like that.

Just curioius, why the trouble finding these parts? Would GM already discontinue and no jobber have any 3rd party parts???

Have you checked with your local dealers? Is the part discontinued or something?

Thepartsfarm.com is a good place to check for pets for performance cars like that.
    No dice at all trying to find the parts at local dealers; will give that site a try

Ok not 100% sure but that ABS module may be the same as the one for the 04 Corvette and may have the same issues.
    If you are VERY mechanically inclined it is a easy repair resolder circuit board connections or replace a relay.

Google C5 ABS Repair

Here is one guy that fixes them (do not know how good they are) but you can contact them and see if they can fix yours.

Looking to see if any car gurus can help track down parts for a 04 Cadillac CTS-V LS6.7; particularly the ABS module and moderator. If you have any solid leads where to find these parts please let me know.

There are folks who rebuild these modules for around $250. Maybe this is something that can help.

Reactions: macthknife
    What He ^ said. I've had a couple of Caddy ABS units rebuilt over the years for customers. They worked fine. I think You can get it done cheaper than that if You search around on Ebay.

Just curioius, why the trouble finding these parts? Would GM already discontinue and no jobber have any 3rd party parts???

Magnuson-Moss only requires that parts be available for 10 years. That car has been off the market for longer.

Things used to be different, but GM really thinned their spare parts offerings after the '08 downturn and bankruptcy (both of itself and many of its suppliers). Compounding the problem is that at least one IC ("chip") inside that module has not been manufactured since the Japan tsunami wiped out Freescale's Sendai plant in 2011. Companies like Dorman can tool up a new tie rod; they aren't so good at reverse-engineering a piece of silicon.

Just wanted to clarify one thing; the module/moderator “blew up”; completely covering the engine in brake fluid. No idea how the hell it happened, but idk if having it rebuilt is an option?

Screenshot_20201209-195530_Chrome.jpg
    Have you tried Rockauto.com ?

Call dealer, give serial number and ask for the part number. Have your RPO codes (3 digit alpha numeric... example: J56 in image) handy. Google search part number, it may have been superseded. The ABS module should be easy enough to find as there are plenty of C5 Corvettes on the road also.

Reactions: TheBigCountry