• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any chance we could get a sticky thread on the Bergara B-14R?

If you wait at Lanbos, they are $28. Availability does suck though. Build quality is the same between the two, good. Saying Vudoo mags are widely adopted is questionable. Vudoo can be used in 2 rifles. Bergara in 1. I like the Bergara mags because they are shorter. Being able to pull down the follower on the Vudoo is helpful though.

Reactions: sergeantbernie
Hi

Did you made any changes on the bipod?

I have the same but is so instable…
At that time the bipod was as solid as I could expect for a CHEAP bipod. after 2 matches I installed the 14" Area 419 ARCA Rail and went with an ARCA head on an Atlas bipod. I still use this bipod on a hunting rifle.

IMG_9491.jpeg

Spent a bit over 5 hours yesterday with the Berg. The goal was to tune the rifle for my new ammo (Eley Contact). The payoff is that with 3 different loads (CCI SV, Geco Bolt Rifle, the Eley) the rifle groups best with action screws at a specific torque setting. I initially used the “Hopewell Method of Barrel Tuning” at 50 meters, but this time I tried 100yds, firing 5 round groups instead of 2 or 3. Results were still the same. Rifle is an early B14-R in BMP chassis, factory trigger, and StrikeEagle on a 40MOA base.
With parts loaded properly during assembly, rifle has been repeatedly disabled for cleaning following dusty, dirty, or rainy matches, and returns to zero.
Afterwards I tested some muzzle devices again, and in every case the rifle groups worse rather than better.
I may make a tuner someday, but don’t expect much. Hopefully this helps someone explore possibilities with their rifle.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
I finally pulled the trigger on a L handed 18" steel barrel for my son.

Thanks for the motivation everyone.