• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any chance we could get a sticky thread on the Bergara B-14R?

Took my 14R to 200 yards yesterday. What a blast smacking a 4" plate almost at will.
I agree these things are a blast.
Got my cheek riser on & finished my experimental dampener (jury's still out on the dampener). Only shot to 100 yesterday cause the wind was terrible. I doubt I could have hit much a 200. Also tried a 6x5. That was humbling. Managed max CTC .505 or .964 moa @50 yards avg for the 6 x 5

The only Ammo I've tried so far is SK match. Anyone have an opinion on what these B14's like best?

I'm sure I'd have been happy with a complete B14R, but I love to tinker & I love how this build came out.

If I did my job well, then it looks simple. I've always thought anything well engineered looks subtle when finished.
Lot more going on then what jumps out with this though.

IMG_6051.jpg
IMG_6055.jpg

I agree these things are a blast.
Got my cheek riser on & finished my experimental dampener (jury's still out on the dampener). Only shot to 100 yesterday cause the wind was terrible. I doubt I could have hit much a 200. Also tried a 6x5. That was humbling. Managed max CTC .505 or .964 moa @50 yards avg for the 6 x 5

The only Ammo I've tried so far is SK match. Anyone have an opinion on what these B14's like best?

I'm sure I'd have been happy with a complete B14R, but I love to tinker & I love how this build came out.

If I did my job well, then it looks simple. I've always thought anything well engineered looks subtle when finished.
Lot more going on then what jumps out with this though.

View attachment 7576817View attachment 7576818

I've tried GM Target, Norma TAC-22, Eley Club, and CCI SV HP. Preliminarily it seems to really like Norma TAC-22

Reactions: 357Max
I've tried GM Target, Norma TAC-22, Eley Club, and CCI SV HP. Preliminarily it seems to really like Norma TAC-22
Good info. Thanks

I think the SK match has more potential then my target showed. The wind absolutely sucked yesterday for trying to shoot groups.
And unlike normal tuners I need to play with o-ring compression + o-ring durometer's to tune the dampener.
Honestly I built to many variables into that dampener.

Next range trip I'll remove the muzzle end and base line some various ammo. Then play with o-ring tension and durometer.

The range I shoot at has a stash of very hard to find 22 match ammo. RWS, Wolf, Older Federal Gold medal (several varieties), plus a bunch more. They wont sell me a whole brick of anything which sucks because of course I'd want the whole lot. Regardless I'll buy a box of each next range trip and see if anything speaks to the B14.

Here is mine with the 14" rail. It has been posted a lot. Works very well.
View attachment 7572986
I am waiting for my Bregara to arrive and have been ordering stuff, can you tell me how far past the stock your Arca rail is ? I see you got the 14” and wondering if the 12” doesn’t extend past the end or if I would have to go down to the 10”

thanks
Andrew

I am waiting for my Bregara to arrive and have been ordering stuff, can you tell me how far past the stock your Arca rail is ? I see you got the 14” and wondering if the 12” doesn’t extend past the end or if I would have to go down to the 10”

thanks
Andrew
The 12" extends just a Tick past the end of the stock. The 14" is just over 2" past the end. There is no problem with it extending past. I liked the built in barricade stop on the 14" was the primary reason I purchased it.

Reactions: z28kid
The 12" extends just a Tick past the end of the stock. The 14" is just over 2" past the end. There is no problem with it extending past. I liked the built in barricade stop on the 14" was the primary reason I purchased it.
Thanks !!

Reactions: Defender32
Thanks for all the good info, and love seeing all the different setups. Yes, we need a sticky for the B14r

Picked mine up yesterday...got it mostly setup today, and was able to send about 40 rounds before dark. Just some CCI SV. Shot very well considering the ammo and new barrel, however had trouble with extraction. It pulled every empty out of the chamber fine, but then refused to let go of them. The extractors just held on tight and wouldn't let go or throw them. Out of 40, it probably let go of 5 correctly. I tried both working the action smoothly as well as running it pretty hard. Action is smooth and seems to lock down on the round great, no problems with too tight or hard to close. Any ideas on what I could try for extraction? Pain to have to fumble with them and pull them manually.

Thanks for all the good info, and love seeing all the different setups. Yes, we need a sticky for the B14r

Picked mine up yesterday...got it mostly setup today, and was able to send about 40 rounds before dark. Just some CCI SV. Shot very well considering the ammo and new barrel, however had trouble with extraction. It pulled every empty out of the chamber fine, but then refused to let go of them. The extractors just held on tight and wouldn't let go or throw them. Out of 40, it probably let go of 5 correctly. I tried both working the action smoothly as well as running it pretty hard. Action is smooth and seems to lock down on the round great, no problems with too tight or hard to close. Any ideas on what I could try for extraction? Pain to have to fumble with them and pull them manually.
These B14's seem to be inconsistent with regards to ejection. Some have no issues & others pretty bad. Mine left about 10 spent cases in the action out of 100 on Sunday. I'm going to try and figure out a solution.

Reactions: gulfhunter

Can you see if the empty cases are hitting the ejector as you move the bolt back?

Hey thanks for the question...so I was trying to get shots off before dark and really hadn't studied that, but after you asked, I just went and cycled some empties thru it. About half of them ejected this time, and those half definitely hit the ejector. The other half seemed to ride over it...? I messed around with the ejector and there is some play there. Should there be play in that piece? I just checked my 457 and it has no play. Very rigid. Again, thanks for your response.

Hey thanks for the question...so I was trying to get shots off before dark and really hadn't studied that, but after you asked, I just went and cycled some empties thru it. About half of them ejected this time, and those half definitely hit the ejector. The other half seemed to ride over it...? I messed around with the ejector and there is some play there. Should there be play in that piece? I just checked my 457 and it has no play. Very rigid. Again, thanks for your response.
There may be some play as it is pinned into the action but every case should hit it and not be able to ride over it. I believe that is your issue.
Remove it from the stock and ensure your ejector is pinned like its supposed to be. If it is I'd email Bergara and ask them to ship you a new ejector.

Will do. I'll get it out of the stock and check that connection. It does seem to be pinned but I will double check and possibly try shimming that piece or something, and see if they can ship me out one. Thanks again.

Yes it is normal for the ejector to have a little wiggle to it on these.
I was just playing with mine on the bench & I now have a theory of whats causing my issues.

I'm running a 1 pc pic rail Burris Steel 25moa on mine. I think the failures I'm having are the result of the spent shell hitting the bottom of the pic rail and bouncing back down into the action.
After work tomorrow I'll see if I can tweak it to lower the ejection angle some.

The wiggle in the ejector is required so it can float in the slot under the bolt with out affecting alignment or cause a bind.

Thanks...I appreciate any feedback you are able to provide after messing with yours. I was afraid after reading all these threads that they might want it shipped, so I will definitely mess with it and see if I can remedy it before doing that.

I thought I had seen where they shipped people a new firing pin assembly. I may be mistaken or not know the context.

I thought I had seen where they shipped people a new firing pin assembly. I may be mistaken or not know the context.
They did ship out updated cocking pc/striker assemblies to people that had the 1st version.
Old one had a 17 coil spring & new one has 14 coils.
I guess they figure the striker assembly is user serviceable since they have a video out on disassembly + it's a maintenance item.

So I was messing around last night with my 308 and removed the stock to see how the B14r fit and functioned. I got the balance right with 2 large GreyOps weights. It has a Sawtooth Rifles ARCA Rail on it and Area 419 Barricade stop. It did cycle rounds without issues. Plan to shoot it some this afternoon to fully test and function check. Might just leave it this way for a while.
tempImagefcgr2J.png
tempImaget2Ht1H.png

They did ship out updated cocking pc/striker assemblies to people that had the 1st version.
Old one had a 17 coil spring & new one has 14 coils.
I guess they figure the striker assembly is user serviceable since they have a video out on disassembly + it's a maintenance item.
I messaged them through their website late last night. I was impressed in that I received a response this morning. You all were correct in that they created a ticket and ship label and want me to send it in. At lunch I was able to put 10 rds thru it, and it definitely seems to be that play in the ejector. If I have the mag out, and hold my thumb up tight to that slot, that the ejector sits in, every one of them popped out of the extractors. Very small amount of play, however it seems to be the difference. Now I'm debating whether to send it or not. I feel like for a 1k rifle I want it right and shouldn't need to try to correct it myself, but I hate to have it gone for a month or two. The other thing of note, it seems to be a good shooter. Even in my messing around and being hurried today, it shot a tight group at 50. With the extraction issue fixed, I would like the rifle...

I put a 10” Area 419 rail on mine - like it so far. The swivel conversion for the Harris bipod was a snap.

FEC7ACFC-301D-492E-BA82-795D2D9BCDCF.jpeg

Good on the Mack Bros. Mag only used a couple of times, but with practice the changes should be smooth and quick.

I stripped the Greyboe Stock off of my 308 to see how I liked it on the Bergara???? I can officially say I love it. I have the GreyOps large weights on the side. I have the small on order and should deliver today. I have 2 of these Greyboe Ridgeback stocks and a 3 on the way with the Vudoo. I am using the Sawtooth Rifles ARCA Rail as it replaces the factory Mlok rails and is an AWESOME fit. I will shoot my first NRL22 match in this configuration on Sunday. It felt super solid yesterday when shooting 3 different stages for March. I also added the GreyOps thumb shelf and it allowed me to stabilize the front in and take more of my given wobble out of play.
tempImageEYVESJ.png
tempImageshT7Gs.png
tempImageH6S98z.png

I wonder how many posts it takes to become official? It has already become the , Unofficial - Official B14R, thread. I own a bunch of 22s including a B14R and think it is a great rifle and have found it to be very accurate.

Reactions: Aussiedan
Still waiting to shoot mine. It’s been a little over 3.5 months waiting on a vortex strike eagle but I still come back to this thread to read up on everyone else’s experiences. Great thread. It will be a sticky soon...

Just to keep this thread active here is my b14r in mpa hybrid chassis with athlon argos 8-34 scope.

it's been in storage at the local gun shop for a few months as my living arrangements changed and I didn't want my ex claiming I threatened her with my guns and having to them taken away.

should get a chance to shoot it next week, maybe the week after.
If it shoots as good as it looks I reckon I'm onto a winner.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1611795723597_6760361250667050140.jpeg
received_318514726237443.jpeg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1611795814196_6760361630668896891.jpeg

Wondering if it’s just a fluke, I am running a 20 moa rail and medium vortex rings with a 6x24 FFP Diamondback, and my elevation turret is 1 Mrad below center... how does that happen?
- wishing I went with a 40 moa rail now...

I tried 60 for now. Will do some tests ng when the weather gets a little nicer.

Where y'all finding SK Rifle Match these days? My B14R really likes it but like many things right now supply is short...

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
I bought mine just over a year ago. Topped it with the Vortex 2-24x Diamondback Tactical and it was zero’d at 50 with 5 shots. What an incredible rifle. Shot a few NRL22 matches with it last year and it did remarkable well. at 100 yards using SK Match ammo, I shot the nuts off the Joker Card!
C41532E8-88F0-40F8-AADA-E28035C0EECD.jpeg

Last edited:
Trying to keep this thread up...
I saw an eBay member selling Magazine Chamber Flags for B14-r so sent him a message asking if he could design/print a 'thumb-saver' magazine loader. Within 2hrs he messaged me back and said he whipped up and tested a design (3D Printing is so cool)
I haven't received mine yet but thought I'd share in case there is interest.