• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any chance we could get a sticky thread on the Bergara B-14R?

Just ordered one what moa base should I get 20 or 30 also what brand?
Thanks

Just ordered one what moa base should I get 20 or 30 also what brand?
Thanks
I have the Burris extreme tactical 25moa (steel) rail on mine. I can dial out to 300y no problem. that's the farthest I've taken it so far.

If you set it up for more moa then you will typically use then you'll give up clarity in your optic. Matches I'll be shooting in my area run from 50 -250 & I've got another 20 mil holdover in the scope if I run out of turret.

My bergar b14r in my Cadex LCP chassis and Falcon lite single pivot
98444F09-AA43-43D6-8D97-3C19F3F803B5.jpeg
1E9E6227-E77F-46E4-8B70-DEA3D26B79AC.jpeg

You guy's are making me wish Bergara would hurry up and get the LH version's on the market. I want one!

Reactions: Gunnie88
AssuieDan, ZC are just incredible. I have a friend in our NRL22 league with one. The glass is so sharp.
Itll be worth the wait.

I absolutely love mine.
currently saving for an atlas bipod and either a zco or NF scope to go with it.

The humble .22lr is an expensive addiction that's for sure 🤣

Changed out my factory bolt handle/knob to the AO swept w/ ball. Feels a little better, but thinking Im going to sell this and upgrade to the new Vudoo 360.
jChNeDG.jpg

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I out shoot my friends with their 22lrs, and me using the B14R, and get, "what is that again"? Or,
I am going to get an XYZ. I tell them cool, do it.

I out shoot my friends with their 22lrs, and me using the B14R, and get, "what is that again"? Or,
I am going to get an XYZ. I tell them cool, do it.
Nothing wrong with this rifle accuracy wise. I’m just a huge fan of the 60deg throw of the new 360 which is similar to my current actions/AI.

Reactions: Gunnie88
Got my B14-r yesterday and all built up and shot today.
I am loving this rifle, has MDT XRS with the ARCA fore end, Athon Midas Tac 6-24. Shooting SK std+ so far and runs like a top. No issue's with any of the 3 mags I have for it.

Attachments

• 20210416_194026.jpg
    20210416_194026.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 66
I was able to get a B14r steel barrel rifle a couple weeks ago and finally able to shoot it yesterday. This will be a gopher getter and all-around fun range gun. I put an Athlon Midas HMR 2.5-15 x 50 scope on it, which I thought would be perfect for my purposes. It is second focal plane, so the reticle will be easy to see and find at low power when scanning for critters. There are tick marks on both the axes, making holdover quick and easy. Finally, the glass is amazingly bright and clear for a sub $500 scope. I’m really impressed with it.

I tried about 8-9 different types of ammo in it. Everything functioned perfectly. The trigger on mine is amazing to me. I can’t see myself spending money to try to find something better. I really like it. It was pretty windy at the range and it was causing my target to flop around quite a bit, so I’m pretty sure I can shoot better groups than I did yesterday. Anyway, Federal Auto-Match is terrible, but almost everything else I tried was pretty good. I didn’t give any one type of ammo a real thorough test. I just shot two, five-shot groups with everything I had.

Out of an assortment of SK, CCI, Wolf extra match, and Lapua pistol king, everything was under an inch at 50 yards. Several times one group would be pretty nice, like in the .5’s, then the second group would be in the .8’s or .9’s. I also had several groups where 3-4 shots would be in one big hole but then 1-2 would be a bit outside. I feel confident that with less windy conditions and some more practice with the rifle I’ll be able to shoot some nice groups.

The only thing I could find to complain about was how hard the bolt closes. It’s hard enough that it would pull me off target quite a ways every time I cycled it. I’m hoping that will lighten up a bit as it breaks in.

All in all, I’m really happy with the rifle so far. 100 rounds is hardly a test, but so far it is reliable and shows promising accuracy.

Reactions: 07SGT4623
My suppressor helps accuracy. It's more like a tuner effect and depends on the suppressor and host. Don't write it off until you prove it.

Reactions: Big Bo
My suppressor helps accuracy. It's more like a tuner effect and depends on the suppressor and host. Don't write it off until you prove it.
While true for you, I think for most it would be the opposite. X-Ring did another video where he looked at variations in muzzle velocity with and without a suppressor and it concluded that the suppressor affected the muzzle velocity and the ES was affected. But yeah I think it’s important to test your equipment and see what works for you. In this case, no question the suppressor affected the accuracy and opened up the groups.

I don't have a can but a fellow shooter put his can on mine last Sunday. We were only shooting at 25 yards using SK Magazine and it made a tiny ragged hole, just like without the suppressor.

I don't have a can but a fellow shooter put his can on mine last Sunday. We were only shooting at 25 yards using SK Magazine and it made a tiny ragged hole, just like without the suppressor.
I don’t think ES with velocity is going to show up at 25 yards. This is a 5 shot group with this pistol at 15 yards You should be able to do a ragged hole at 25 yards with just about any rifle at that distance. You can make out some of my other groups in the target and some of those are at 25 yards and others at 15. This is with a 5” barrel. If I were competing and I would Chrono my shots with and without a suppressor with your best ammo for your gun and go with whatever produced the least ES. That
Will get you yet most reliable hits at distance. If that’s with a suppressor then great.
000FD2B3-F39F-44CE-8996-7BA1D01F6303.jpeg
BE54E344-1BB8-432C-BC49-1235A97A649B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MarshallDodge
The B-14R lefty versions are starting to show up- I ordered mine yesterday!

Should I order a 30moa or 45moa base? I will likely be using a Vortex PST Gen II.

I do believe it has to do with vudoo's magazines and patents

There was one pretty in depth article I read about the B14R that said it was a Saami Match chamber.

1619873440852.png

CIP is very close to Saami Match. It appears to be throated a little longer, but that is miss-leading since (F = .2118") & therefore G measures longer.

1619874307630.png

Last edited:
I am posting a picture of two bolts for a Bergara B14R. The top one is from a B14R that was purchased back in October. The other is a replacement bolt Bergara sent for a bad bolt that looked like the top one. Did Bergara enter a design change for their bolts at some point? Which bolt is the more recent design? Thanks.
9F9D11A4-9554-44AE-A487-090A3F6E86F8.jpeg

Last edited:
I am posting a picture of two bolts for a Bergara B14R. The top one is from a B14R that was purchased back in October. The other is a replacement bolt Bergara sent for a bad bolt that looked like the top one. Did Bergara enter a design change for their bolts at some point? Which bolt is the more recent design? Thanks.View attachment 7617320
No there was not a design change.
The bolt pictured on top is showing the ejector side of the bolt.
The picture on bottom is showing the opposite/tensioner side of the other bolt.
Flip either one of them over and they will look the same!

Ejector side.
IMG_6239.jpg

Tensioner side
IMG_6241.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorwho1138
No there was not a design change.
The bolt pictured on top is showing the ejector side of the bolt.
The picture on bottom is showing the opposite/tensioner side of the other bolt.
Flip either one of them over and they will look the same!

Ejector side.
View attachment 7617613

Tensioner side
View attachment 7617614
Ok thanks. I don’t have them with me so I couldn’t even check that. They just looked like they were positioned the same. Thanks for clarifying for me.

Posted this elsewhere when a question about weights came up. Thought it would be useful reference info to include in this B14R thread.

Bergara B14R carbon barrelled action weight: 4lbs 1oz

Vt6YC8a.jpg

Bergara HMR stock w/ AICS bottom metal included weight: 3lb 13oz

ZSZQDo9.jpg

Hope that helps.

I just got my lefty B14R on Saturday. Found one on Gunbroker at a shop within driving distance.

I've only put a few rounds through it, but it's dancing circles around my heavily modified 10/22--it's like comparing a Pinto to a Porsche, and that's with Blazer 40gr bulk. If my LGS still has it in stock, I'm picking up a few boxes of Eley to see what it can do with good ammo.

Reactions: z28kid and Big Bo
I ordered a tuner for my B14R. It should be here very soon. Will use CCI SV, FED AUTO MATCH, and maybe Lapua X.

As a new B14R owner I've read about the inability of the current rifles to accept the very nice and readily available Vudoo 10 round polymer mags.

They apparently work for a few and absolutely do not work for others. Anecdotally it seems like the newer rifles do not allow them to work as manufactured.

Figured I'd give it a shot and order a three pack of Vudoo mags to mod. If I ruined them I wasn't going to be too upset. Impression upon receipt was they have a substantially better build quality and are overall a much more solid mag that reminds me of the Smith & Wesson MP22 mags, very nice.

The mags locked in to what appeared an appropriate depth and fit in my B14R action in a Cadex Strike Nuke Evo chassis. The bolt was open when I inserted the mag. Upon bolt close attempt, the bolt stopped forward motion within millimeters. Looking in the receiver it was apparent that the aft, left corner of the magazine feed lip was in contact with the ejector.

My first attempt was to file a bit from the rear bolt catch on the magazine in an effort to reduce the feed lip overall height relative to the action. After pulling a few millimeters off it would cycle but the angle was now incorrect and it would not feed, it would lock up the bolt/dummy round when the round tried to enter the chamber at too steep an angle. I used two part Apoxie black sculpting epoxy to recreate the missing magazine latch ledge material and let it cure until morning.

The next approach was to just remove material from the mag in the vicinity of the offending rifle ejector. I noticed when the Vudoo mag was inserted it would kick the ejector up just enough to prevent bolt forward motion. See below for ejector location and empty/mag inserted action views. Pardon the plastic dust in the action making it look like I am a nasty slob that never cleans his hardware, it was taken during this mag mod filing work.

nsJA4g1.jpg

mC1skIr.jpg

I started slowly filing material away to create a small notch and radius on that back left corner to clear the ejector. Within a few minutes the mag would not only seat but I could run the bolt although it was a bit difficult to get the initial motion.

A few more minutes of filing to remove material and it worked. The bolt moved freely, the mag no longer contacted the ejector and I was able to feed, cycle and eject 10 A-zoom snap cap dummy rounds continuously with no issues.

I replicated that same change on a second Vudoo mag is a test and once again it allowed the Vudoo mag to seat properly and feed perfectly. Shown below is the modified mag. The best solution would be to cleanly mill out the required notch but this works and is simple to do.

roz0T3a.jpg

7JZDPf3.jpg

Not saying this alone will work for every rifle and chassis set up (mag latch height could be another issue depending on chassis latch geometry/action relation) but I would imagine this addresses the primary reason Vudoo mags won't work out of the box in most B14R rifles.

With this simple mod you should be able to run these awesome mags. I would even be interested to see if a modded mag makes any difference ina Vudoo action, my guess is that it would not and they would run just fine in a Vudoo as well.

Last edited:
And what are the advantages of a Vudoo mag in the B14R other than the ability to see the rounds?

Expense and look cool?
I tried out Vudoo mags because I was clutching my single, proprietary B14R mag in hand with no availability online for additional ones.

Vudoo benefits:

1. Readily available
2. Widely adopted
3. Round visualization
4. Better build quality
5. Cheaper

I'm on half a dozen different waitlists for B14R mags and have only gotten a few in the last month. Every place is out of stock. When they arrive, they are $40.

Can find Vudoo plastic mags in stock for $33.

Your mileage may vary. Just trying to provide information and options.

Reactions: z28kid
I thought the voodoo were more expensive, and I was mistaken that the bergara mags were easier to get. I understand now, I was luck when I bought mine last year and got 3 mags I guess.