• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any chance we could get a sticky thread on the Bergara B-14R?

I had some success with CCI standard, but just got a brick of Center X, but am wondering if I should wait until the temperature is a bit warmer to use the good stuff - it got up to 18F today and tomorrow has a projected high of 17F... not the best time to get DOPE for a new rifle.

I agree there should be a sticky as well for this rifle

Any word on when the LH model will hit the market? I can’t find anything online about it.

All I was told by supplier was First Quarter they were expecting them. I hope it holds true. Want to set up a base rifle for the nephew shoot that’s lighter than mine.

Just curious to know what action screw setting you guys are using on your B14R’s. I’ve settled on 50 in lbs for now with good accuracy, although I’ve heard factory setting is 55in lbs.

Just curious to know what action screw setting you guys are using on your B14R’s. I’ve settled on 50 in lbs for now with good accuracy, although I’ve heard factory setting is 55in lbs.
Mine likes 45in/lbs, sitting in a KRG X-Ray

Can get the steel for $850 and Carbon for $950 from Local shop. Thinking of picking one up. Reccomendations?

Also thinking about throwing a Brownells MPO 3-18 on it. They have like 40 mills of elevation, throw a 6 mill base and be around 23 mils plus reticle. Thoughts?

Or a razor 3-18 so it maches my 4-27 razor on 6,5cm.

Can get the steel for $850 and Carbon for $950 from Local shop. Thinking of picking one up. Reccomendations?

Also thinking about throwing a Brownells MPO 3-18 on it. They have like 40 mills of elevation, throw a 6 mill base and be around 23 mils plus reticle. Thoughts?

Save the $100 unless you want to save 1lb. Buy as close to the same optic that is on your primary rifle.

I have the Steel version and a buddy has the CF and they shoot side by side with the ammo each one likes.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball

Depends what you want to do with it? NRL 22 & it'll need to balance on a bag.

I'd recommend the Steel if you care about balance. Otherwise you'll spend more $ trying to bolt steel on the front.

I ordered the steel a few days ago for the added weight and reports of better balance.
It’s also nice that it’s $100 cheaper.

I thought the MPO has elevation limited by the turret? No matter the base, elevation travel is limited to under 20 mils.

Just had my first Vudoo part show up!!! 10 round magazine from Mile High Shooting. It’s 17* in West KY this morning and back yard was full of blackbirds. Grabbed the B14R and Vudoo mag with a flawless cycle to shoot at some. Miss read the wind and shot just beside it. Went ahead and ran the KYL Rack at 50 for a few shots. .3-.5 mil wind hold at 50 is rough!!! April 25 th can’t get here soon enough. I need to run these 2 rifles side by side.

The Vudoo 10 round magazine is NICE. It fits very well in the Bottom Metal of the HMR Stock. If anyone was looking for how the mag worked. It works great in mine.

I live a few miles from MileHigh and it's -1F here....glad you're so much warmer. ;)

Me - staying on the loading bench today -too wussy for the range.

Reactions: Defender32
I have one of these mags on the way 10 x 2.

FYI - It is designed to fit the stock B14R chassis or others without the built in protruding barricade stop @ front of magwell.

Of coarse that's exactly what I'll be running it in. Manners EH4 mini chassis. I'll be milling the barricade stop to clear & will post it up on here when done.

1613237021338.png

@357Max I wonder if that constitutes a dual 10 or a 20 round mag? Here, the Peoples Republic of Colorado limit such to 15 rounds. Some lawyers will have to gnaw on that one.

I do like the concept, though.

I have one of these mags on the way 10 x 2.

FYI - It is designed to fit the stock B14R chassis or others without the built in protruding barricade stop @ front of magwell.

Of coarse that's exactly what I'll be running it in. Manners EH4 mini chassis. I'll be milling the barricade stop to clear & will post it up on here when done.

View attachment 7555255
That is very interesting.

@357Max I wonder if that constitutes a dual 10 or a 20 round mag? Here, the Peoples Republic of Colorado limit such to 15 rounds. Some lawyers will have to gnaw on that one.

I do like the concept, though.
I'm in Maryland & vendors cannot ship anything over a 10round mag limit here. No issues with Mack Brothers shipping to me.

This is just 10 x 2! The 2 columns are completely disconnected.
You have to remove it and flip it, no different then clipping 2 mags together.

I've had decent luck just searching around all the ammo sources in the "Where to get ammo" thread. I've found Center-X and got 1000 rnds on backorder that should ship out by the end of the month. I also just got a delivery this week of 500 rnds of Wolf Match and 2 boxes each of Eley Tenex and Polar Biathlon to try out. So far, my Bergara really likes the Polar Bi with Tenex being a close 2nd. It did not shoot the wolf match well, so this may end up just being plinking ammo. Or maybe I'll sell the other 450 to someone who needs it instead.

Just curious if it was the old wolf match or the new stuff? The new is in a plastic box.

I have the B14R steel I bought the first of last year and have a 5-25 Strike Eagle on it. I put in a Timney 2 stage trigger and had to modify the stock and bottom metal. So check anytime to change one out for interference, it would probably cause accuracy/safety issues.

Mine has functioned flawless on feeding, I have had issues with extracting a live round. I don't think it's as much to do with weak extraction as it is the tight match chamber and the CCI SV being a larger bullet as I have been told.

It shoots old Wolf Match and SK Rifle Match very well. Lapua Center X and CCI SV shot about the same which was nice for the price point, sucked for the price of Center X tho.

Attachments

• 20200616_192227.jpg
    20200616_192227.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200616_192047.jpg
    20200616_192047.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200627_201627.jpg
    20200627_201627.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200625_211457.jpg
    20200625_211457.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20200625_211434.jpg
    20200625_211434.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 88
Nice! I have some medium Vortex rings on the way, I couldn’t believe that my Hawk Sidewinder would be too high on the B14r with the rings that worked well on a Benjamin Marauder, but I realized I was lifting off the cheek riser at its max adjustment this weekend. I also realized I wanted to join the FFP club and ordered a demo vortex diamondback in mild to complete the look. I feel like I have less ability to count MOA dots and dashes on the Hawk rectile then I used to.

I just got my dual mag from Mack Bros. and I'm impressed. It's heavy, well made - quality machine work. Feeds like it should - very positive lock in the B14 R mag well.

20210218_150340.jpg.

Just Chuck, I just ordered a Mack Bros magazine also. I’ve got several of the plastic Bergara’s but thought having an ultra durable metal magazine couldn’t hurt, and the fact that it’s double stacked is quite handy.

Last night I ordered a B-14R from gunbroker. $949 delivered to my FFL so not too hateful. There's nothing in gun stores around here, and if there were, they wouldn't be any cheaper.

I thought about a barreled action and a KRG X-ray or Bravo but the complete rifle was less than piecing one together and I don't have to fuck with the magazine latch or well. The Bergara HMR stock is close enough in shape to the KRGs that I use on my CF rifles anyway.

Can't wait to get it now. I have a SWFA 16X42, a pair of Burris 30 mm rings, and a chinesium harris knockoff lying around so that's what's going on the rifle; at least to get going.

I also ordered this morning two more mags and a 30 MOA base.

ETA, here it is:
1614876609113.png

Last edited:
Well, I tried to take mine out today. I loaded three mags up with some SK standard and set up to get a zero.
Put in a mag, locked the bolt forward, press the trigger... click.
Repeat. Click. Repeat 28 more times. Nothing but clicks.

I don’t remember if the striker could be seen before I took it out, but it appears to be missing/ broken.
BB8623CA-326F-4CE7-AD29-3D9267DD2E09.jpeg
These are the rounds that I fed in and ejected after frying to fire.
14454D42-29E8-4F4B-BE67-9C3328EBC798.jpeg
A couple of them have very light circular marks but nothing else.

18F34110-8520-4773-AB3E-D09EE4E395B5.jpeg

Has anyone else had issues with this? I’ve tried to call bergara and they are currently closed. I did send them an email.

I'm thinking about adding an Area 419 ArcaLock rail to the B14 R and modifying my Harris swivel bipod to the Area 419 Arca clamp kit. The reason is to be able to reposition the bipod anywhere along the 10" rail. There are situations where it would good to have the ability to move that bipod closer to the rifle CG.

This would be mounted on the factory B14 R stock - I'm pretty happy the as-built stock it came with.

Here's links to those two pieces - Arca Bipod kit ArcaLock 10" rail

Anyone else done this mod or something similar? The cost would be less than $200. Any opinions on this?

I'm thinking about adding an Area 419 ArcaLock rail to the B14 R and modifying my Harris swivel bipod to the Area 419 Arca clamp kit. The reason is to be able to reposition the bipod anywhere along the 10" rail. There are situations where it would good to have the ability to move that bipod closer to the rifle CG.

This would be mounted on the factory B14 R stock - I'm pretty happy the as-built stock it came with.

Anyone else done this mod or something similar? The cost would be less than $200. Any opinions on this?

The B-14R is new enough that I doubt anyone's installed one of those (or something similar).

Let us know how it turns out.

Seen a couple with the Area 419 rail on them, plan on doing it too when I get around to it.

@Defender32 , looks like you have the Magpul bipod on there. What adapter did you use to go from Magpul to arca? I have the Magpul bipod on another rifle and do like it.

Yes - I've seen your post before but really just locked on to the great paint job. (y)

Reactions: Defender32
@Defender32 , looks like you have the Magpul bipod on there. What adapter did you use to go from Magpul to arca? I have the Magpul bipod on another rifle and do like it.

Yes - I've seen your post before but really just locked on to the great paint job. (y)
It is the Area 419 Barricade stop and pic rail attachment.

Reactions: Just Chuck