• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Company suggestions to convert a 1903A3 to a 1903A4 clone

Chuck in Denver, on the CMP forums, does this kind of work. In fact, it is his specialty.

[email protected]

You can also have the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) Custom Shop do that work.

Last edited:
I had Chuck convert a 1903 to a 1941 1903A1 sniper rifle. He does excellent work

Attachments

• Fecker M1903.jpg
    Fecker M1903.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 154
I can also recommend Ken Breda, in the Fresno, Ca area. He also does excellent work. He converted a Swedish M96 to a Swedish M41B sniper rifle for me

[email protected]

Attachments

• DSC01047 (2).JPG
    DSC01047 (2).JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01048 (2).JPG
    DSC01048 (2).JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01051 (2).JPG
    DSC01051 (2).JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: sandwarrior
You're welcome.

One thing. ChuckinDenver does great work, but if your 03A3 is a Smith Corona, you will have to go elsewhere. Chuck advised me that the receivers on the SC 03A3's are very hard and he no longer works on them.

Ive heard JRA is kinda sketchy.. anyway, might wanna see if Fulton Armory can do it. Also chuckindenver as mentioned can, and CMP

JRA wrote back. They don’t do it.

Spoke with Chuck. Got a lot of information.

First thing I need to do is get the throat and muzzle measured to see whether it’s worth it with this barrel. If there is life left in this one, I’ll do the conversion and then replace the barrel at a later date.

Last edited: