• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Any experience with Desert Tech customer service?

car16smg

Lead slingin
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2014
    Tennessee
    I’ve got a Desert Tech HTI initially ordered with a 50bmg barrel and subsequently ordered a 375 CT conversion after being kicked a couple dozen times by the 50. Having put 50 rounds down the 375 tube, I noticed my stellar accuracy went to crap suddenly. Upon further inspection, the handguard with the EI bipod attached to it was moving around about 1/8” side to side, up and down; no longer solidly attached to the chassis. This is puzzling to me as I’ve taken very good care of the rifle; no drops or rough handling. I’ve put in a call to DT, and they say it will likely be a warranty repair as they can’t seem to find a way to tighten it in the manual (or at least the gentleman I spoke with couldn’t). The owners manual says the warranty is only good for 3 years, and I’ve had the rifle longer than that. I’m curious how they will handle the situation. I’d appreciate anyone with experience to weigh in so I know what I’m in for. Thanks.