• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

I can't stand Russell. I think he's a little school boy bitch. Only reason I hope Mercedes picks him up is to make every one of their losses even more sweet.
I think they all are mostly a bunch of whining bitches. They are there because of rich daddies. These people never had a hard day in their life. I am sure there are kids on go karts that could turn into much better drivers but, we will never know because they can't pay the entrance fee and that will keep getting stepper. Consider that a competitive go kart can cost upwards of $10k I don't think any of these guys came from poor families. Some just came from richer families.

Reactions: BJG56 and pilotjoe
I think they all are mostly a bunch of whining bitches. They are there because of rich daddies. These people never had a hard day in their life. I am sure there are kids on go karts that could turn into much better drivers but, we will never know because they can't pay the entrance fee and that will keep getting stepper. Consider that a competitive go kart can cost upwards of $10k I don't think any of these guys came from poor families. Some just came from richer families.
This is one the reasons Lewis Hamilton is revered. He and his family came from pretty much nothing compared to the rest of the drivers. Yes, his father had plenty of money to go around since he ran a somewhat successful computer business. Anthony Hamilton had to work 2 other jobs to afford his son's karting interests. He definitely didn't come from a family of million or billionaires.

I do find it hilariously hypocritical of those in F1 when they virtue signal about being inclusive when it's the most exclusive club on the planet. They virtue signal about all of the current hot topics and hold their events in oppressive Arab countries and in China where crimes against humanity are currently being committed. I really wish they would leave the politics out of their sport and focus solely on the damn sport.

One of the reasons I like Max Verstappen is because he seems to be the most based out of all the drivers. His driving style is also fun to watch whereas everybody else is either too conservative or too cautious. Nikita Mazepin is fun to watch if you like seeing what it's like for a normie driving a Formula 1 car. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This is one the reasons Lewis Hamilton is revered. He and his family came from pretty much nothing compared to the rest of the drivers. Yes, his father had plenty of money to go around since he ran a somewhat successful computer business. Anthony Hamilton had to work 2 other jobs to afford his son's karting interests. He definitely didn't come from a family of million or billionaires.

I do find it hilariously hypocritical of those in F1 when they virtue signal about being inclusive when it's the most exclusive club on the planet. They virtue signal about all of the current hot topics and hold their events in oppressive Arab countries and in China where crimes against humanity are currently being committed. I really wish they would leave the politics out of their sport and focus solely on the damn sport.

One of the reasons I like Max Verstappen is because he seems to be the most based out of all the drivers. His driving style is also fun to watch whereas everybody else is either too conservative or too cautious. Nikita Mazepin is fun to watch if you like seeing what it's like for a normie driving a Formula 1 car. :ROFLMAO:
I guess to be honest I am a little jealous of these guys having it so easy. I didn't get to start racing until 2017. I started HPDE stuff in 2012. It takes money to make a race car and even more money to race it. Then take even more money to keep your car competitive as everyone looks at the rules to see what they can do to get that little bit of an edge over the next guy. Since COVID 19 I have taken 3 pay cuts, so racing has been put on the back burner. Not sure when I'll recover to be able to start racing again. So, ever time these fuckers bitch I want to smack them. Just think the budget for F1 racing in 2021 is capped at $145 million. Wish I had a hundredth of that for my racing budget.

I can't stand Russell. I think he's a little school boy bitch. Only reason I hope Mercedes picks him up is to make every one of their losses even more sweet.
I'll admit, as of late, he does seem to have a rather pompous attitude. Should fit well in the Mercedes team which is why Valteri doesn't.

Reactions: pilotjoe

I think Max is a racer through and through. Watching that interview with Damon Hill (I posted earlier) you can tell he's all-encompassed. But you hit the nail on the head..his driving style is very fun to watch (though he's matured some). To me, he's the perfect blend of Senna and Prost (because you HAD to choose sides there...I chose the smooth, calculating Prost). I think if anything young Max's style matches Prost the most because he's very, very smooth yet has that aggressiveness that Senna had. Just my 0.02.

Yes, "Megaspin" is probably only slightly better than our on @Shooter McGavin :) :). Bring big $$$ you get a car. Such is the life on the lower-end teams. Heck, when I was regularly tracking my car, the thought crossed my mind of shelling out 10-15k for a lower-end car at Sebring crossed my mind (very early 2000s when the common man with some cred could get a ride - maybe 30 minutes of driving). I knew I had the "quali" line down better than some of the "bought-in" drivers from watching them in practice. Alas, I knew that was a fantasy :) :).

I guess to be honest I am a little jealous of these guys having it so easy. I didn't get to start racing until 2017. I started HPDE stuff in 2012. It takes money to make a race car and even more money to race it. Then take even more money to keep your car competitive as everyone looks at the rules to see what they can do to get that little bit of an edge over the next guy. Since COVID 19 I have taken 3 pay cuts, so racing has been put on the back burner. Not sure when I'll recover to be able to start racing again. So, ever time these fuckers bitch I want to smack them. Just think the budget for F1 racing in 2021 is capped at $145 million. Wish I had a hundredth of that for my racing budget.
Most of the drivers get their seats through sponsors. If they come from money like some of those on the grid, yeah, they can buy their way into a seat or have their daddy buy a team. If the Mazepins end up taking over Haas after this season and get involved with Rich Energy, it'll be a shitshow worth keeping tabs on.

I think Max is a racer through and through. Watching that interview with Damon Hill (I posted earlier) you can tell he's all-encompassed. But you hit the nail on the head..his driving style is very fun to watch (though he's matured some). To me, he's the perfect blend of Senna and Prost (because you HAD to choose sides there...I chose the smooth, calculating Prost). I think if anything young Max's style matches Prost the most because he's very, very smooth yet has that aggressiveness that Senna had. Just my 0.02.

Yes, "Megaspin" is probably only slightly better than our on @Shooter McGavin :) :). Bring big $$$ you get a car. Such is the life on the lower-end teams. Heck, when I was regularly tracking my car, the thought crossed my mind of shelling out 10-15k for a lower-end car at Sebring crossed my mind (very early 2000s when the common man with some cred could get a ride - maybe 30 minutes of driving). I knew I had the "quali" line down better than some of the "bought-in" drivers from watching them in practice. Alas, I knew that was a fantasy :) :).
Yeah I know a guy who races professionally. He pays a pro driver, who I get coaching from, to drive with him. It cost over $1 million a year to race the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge. He's calling it quits after this year because it's just gotten too expensive. Amateur racing can cost a lot and some guys have more than others. It's fun watching a guy who barely has anything show up with an open trailer and destroy the guy who has a team and tractor trailer full of all the goodies.

Most of the drivers get their seats through sponsors. If they come from money like some of those on the grid, yeah, they can buy their way into a seat or have their daddy buy a team. If the Mazepins end up taking over Haas after this season and get involved with Rich Energy, it'll be a shitshow worth keeping tabs on.
Hey, ease up on Lance now. I used to hate that kid, but now...I'm actually impressed with him at times...still not a great driver, but worlds better than he was. Yuki is another one of those that "brought money" though I think it was Honda money...which has vanished. I think Yuki needs to go F-2 for a year or two more.

That may be true, but non of them started out poor. It cost money to race karts. They are rich, just not as rich as the ones who can pay for a seat.

I was part of the Jr. Dragsters in the early 90s. It was very short lived. My Mom sure as shit couldn't afford the buy-in fees. Luckily a teacher at my middle school was some honcho in the organization's LA area division and pulled some strings for me in order to get me into the seat. When it came time to shop around for sponsors, they all gave me a solid "no" because I came from a white trailer park trash family. I was the Kenny McCormick of my circle of friends. At that point in time the optics of having somebody from my background would have been frowned upon when there were "more deserving" kids from affluent families vying for a spot, who can afford all the fees associated with motorsports. I still can't stop shaking my head when those in motorsports go on about virtue signaling about equality, being inclusive, and what not. We all know it's a load of bullshit.

I guess to be honest I am a little jealous of these guys having it so easy.
Same. I self sponsored a short lived karting career in my late teens. Buying the minimum gear to get started made it seem attainable but the consumables eventually caught up to me. It was a little frustrating to watch the racing equivalent of football dads a primary and 3 backup carts for their barely appreciative 8 year olds while a surprise engine rebuild would almost break me.
Every time I have a bad match a consider ditching the shooting sports for motorsports but a little math reminds me I'm still not made of money.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Hey, ease up on Lance now. I used to hate that kid, but now...I'm actually impressed with him at times...still not a great driver, but worlds better than he was. Yuki is another one of those that "brought money" though I think it was Honda money...which has vanished. I think Yuki needs to go F-2 for a year or two more.
Lance Stroll actually has some driving acumen whereas the other rich boys don't. He's whiny at times but has had mild success through the years.

That may be true, but non of them started out poor. It cost money to race karts. They are rich, just not as rich as the ones who can pay for a seat.

Not gonna disagree with that. I, too, would like to have had a fraction of the money most of those guys came from.

As everyone is saying it takes money to race.

But like shooter will prob agree with, you have no idea how good these guys are.

the feeling they have and the use of all their senses at once it absolutely incredible.

It’s like saying you can take a high school football player, give him Jerry rice as a trainer and PED’s and he’ll make the NFL

…not happening

I was a pretty good driver, these guys are a different level

As everyone is saying it takes money to race.

But like shooter will prob agree with, you have no idea how good these guys are.

the feeling they have and the use of all their senses at once it absolutely incredible.

It’s like saying you can take a high school football player, give him Jerry rice as a trainer and PED’s and he’ll make the NFL

…not happening

I was a pretty good driver, these guys are a different level
Yeah pulling 5g into a turn is pretty rough and those speeds you need to have fast reaction skills. I would take coaching from anyone of those guys if I could.

Reactions: brianf
I can tell roughly how good the Bush league fellows and ladies are. My son and I autocrossed his Miata which was set up for auto crossing. His times were pretty good, on my best day I was middle of the pack. (Not Miata pack, all the cars there including quite a few a which were jsut not auto cross cars as well as some full custom race cars.)

Point, when I tried my 2000 Corvette, I learned a lesson. Even with the every bit of the cars electronics and computer helping me, I could not even start to maintain control around the course. Managed some beautiful spins. My times, not even nearly as good as when driving our son’s Miata. It takes real skill and real experience and real training to manage horsepower.

Watching the SCCA drivers handle the Corvettes and Vipers tells me those young men and women are really good and they arn’t even close in my opinion to the best of the F1 drivers.

then you get into the efficiency of movement and inertia.. real data

watch youtube for some of the F1 drivers go for ride along with VIP or models etc

you see them saying dont turn the steering wheel so much you dont need to

their inputs are minimal so they are conserving momentum...the brake is for balance not for slowing down

@Thunderchud...Like I said...Stroll has grown on me. Considering dad bought the team his dad seems to be making the right moves. He has some talent, for sure; not Max/Lando/Charles talent just yet; but who know..."it's a marathon, not a sprint"...ROFL.

@brianf ...saying Formula 1 drivers are "good" is a miscarriage of justice!! :). They are simply on another planet, where obviously time and motion are completely slowed down and eyesight is "bionic." I don't think the average person understands how hard it is to hit the turn-in, apex, track-out point just driving on the track at say 85-90% - EVERY SINGLE LAP. Now, do that at 10/10 each and every lap, perhaps 1/2" from a wall tracking out at well over 100mph with little visibility out of the cockpit and then you have "Formula 1" drivers. Now add other drivers trying to pass you doing that.

Even NASCAR drivers are leaps and bounds above anything the normal "weekend track driver" would be (in almost all cases). There's a reason they got there. But let's see, in F-1 there are 20 drivers, and at least 1 test driver with a FIA superlicense as well. Add in a few folks like Paul di Resta and you may have a total of 40 folks licensed to drive F-1. Of those, only somebody like Albon and Hulkenberg have actual experience...THAT is an exclusive club for sure!!

Enjoyed the race yesterday and seeing the 1-3 by RB. I expected to see some chatter here on it. Hell of a good start to a triple header. Is it just me or is Paul Richard a very difficult race track to watch? I like the layout of the track but those damn bright blue and red painted stripes almost triggers an epileptic seizure when they are panning quickly past it. It has to be distracting to the drivers.

Enjoyed the race yesterday and seeing the 1-3 by RB. I expected to see some chatter here on it. Hell of a good start to a triple header. Is it just me or is Paul Richard a very difficult race track to watch? I like the layout of the track but those damn bright blue and red painted stripes almost triggers an epileptic seizure when they are panning quickly past it. It has to be distracting to the drivers.
Sorry, I'm slacking. I tore down a weapon, replaced suspension components, smoked a pork roast and some fresh sockeye. That's the first time in a while I actually was yelling at the TV and cheering Max on. Definitely a mistake on Max's part to start the race. Kinda bummed about that.

Yes, those lines are insane. Hell COTA is just as bad in some aspects. They need to go back to red-white painted kerbs that are brutal on the cars and be done with it. Do we actually need to know the stripes are more aggressive? Who cares? Some alligator rumbles maybe about 18" from kerb with some of those alligator strips being more like dinosaur strips. However, the drivers are so low they cannot see but maybe one blue line and that's it.

Back to the race though. One of best I've seen in a while. The 2018 Brazilian GP was another one with that spectacular save by Max. But Louis just cannot help himself as he was getting pissy with the crew; yet, not nearly like Bottas. Bottas COULD be a good driver for another team, a #1 somewhere like Alfa Romeo; but he's ALWAYS going to be second chair with Mercedes. And unless he can continue to psychologically deal with that, he needs to move on.

In the brief post race, I wanted to reach through the TV set and shut up that prick Nico. Yes, I cheered him to beat hamilton in 2016, but just because I don't like hamilton. I'll give nico some credit, he did screw with hamilton's brain (and maybe more).

I'm glad to see that it has been competitive this season. I do, however, think that Mercedes will make some kind of adjustment and get their feet back underneath them. They've made some very "un-Mercedes-like" mistakes in the last few races with strategy and whatever. Max is doing really well, but I would still be surprised if Mercedes doesn't get it together and put Lewis back on top.

Bottas is done. I just don't think he's got "it". Personal opinion: I think he's been in the fastest/2nd fastest car for 3 or 4 years and it has masked some of his issues. Now that Red Bull and McLaren have upped their performance levels to near-Mercedes level, he hasn't fared so well. I think he he does well until he is challenged/pressured. He makes a fair amount of mistakes under pressure. Not knocking the guy (he's doing something I cannot).....just an opinion based on my observations.

I've enjoyed watching Checo in a better car and with a better team. His experience and consistency is on display. Red Bull is really the story right now. Glad to see them disrupting things.

Lando has continued to impress me. Honestly, I think he deserved driver of the day yesterday. George Russell and Lando are the two that impress me right now. I think they are both squeezing as much as they can from their respective cars. Heck I have even enjoyed watching Seb have a good few races. While I think he's on his last leg, I really didn't want to see him going out deflated from the debacle at Ferrari.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I'm glad to see that it has been competitive this season. I do, however, think that Mercedes will make some kind of adjustment and get their feet back underneath them. They've made some very "un-Mercedes-like" mistakes in the last few races with strategy and whatever. Max is doing really well, but I would still be surprised if Mercedes doesn't get it together and put Lewis back on top.

Bottas is done. I just don't think he's got "it". Personal opinion: I think he's been in the fastest/2nd fastest car for 3 or 4 years and it has masked some of his issues. Now that Red Bull and McLaren have upped their performance levels to near-Mercedes level, he hasn't fared so well. I think he he does well until he is challenged/pressured. He makes a fair amount of mistakes under pressure. Not knocking the guy (he's doing something I cannot).....just an opinion based on my observations.

I've enjoyed watching Checo in a better car and with a better team. His experience and consistency is on display. Red Bull is really the story right now. Glad to see them disrupting things.

Lando has continued to impress me. Honestly, I think he deserved driver of the day yesterday. George Russell and Lando are the two that impress me right now. I think they are both squeezing as much as they can from their respective cars. Heck I have even enjoyed watching Seb have a good few races. While I think he's on his last leg, I really didn't want to see him going out deflated from the debacle at Ferrari.
Russell is the real deal; but I think Lando is a better racer. Lando is probably my second favorite driver at the moment. I think had Albon been able to compete like Checo, Max would have been #2 last year and maybe year before that too. Having that second car is critical. Just imagine had Max's tire not blow in Baku....

I agree Merc will get it back, probably after the August break and they'll be unstoppable. Hell, they knew they were beat so they started forcing this "flexi-wing" thing. I credit the engineers at RBR for designing a wing that met the specs but with the load they actually saw reduced drag via the mechanics of materials!!! That's impressive and very "Ferdinand Piech" like (for you older guys).

You are correct. Bottas under RACE pressure just fails. Don't know why. Does he get distracted looking in mirrors, is it panic attack? Regardless, I'd bring Russell up for next year without a doubt. Give him a year to pick cry-baby's brain and he'll be a real force.

Seb does appear to at least be having fun; but he's done for winning championships and I think he knows it...much like Kimi knows he's done too and just having fun.

I'm late with posting this. Like others, been busy. Really, really enjoyed this race. Especially the "chase" at the end, with Max getting closer and closer, and then making the pass. VERY happy to see him get the win!

I agree about the blue stripes. WAY too much! I wonder how it looks from the drivers' perspective. They sit so low they might not get the same dazzling effect as we who are watching from elevated cameras get. The stripes were driving me nuts!

It will be interesting to see how the two teams - Red Bull and Mercedes - progress throughout the season. Hopefully it will stay a very competitive season, with maybe a few different winners thrown in. That would be awesome!

Looking forward to the next race!

Cheers!

Looks to be another excellent race shaping up after qual this morning. Was shocked to see Ricardo fail to get out of Q1. He was moving during P1 and P2. McLaren always seems to run the Red Bull Ring well.

I enjoy watching this track and the races there. If I ever get to go to a F1 race in Europe this track is at the top of the list. Just something about it and the surrounding valley. It painfully reminds me of home when they show those sweeping shots of the valley below.

I’m excited about tomorrow’s race too. Love the first two rows. Could be freaky for the first few laps.

I don’t know if anyone has asked this in this thread before, but what is/are your favorite track(s)?

I haven’t been watching a long as a lot of guys in this thread, so I’m sure there are some really cool old tracks that they don’t race anymore. That being said, my absolute favorite track is Spa. I also like Silverstone, Gilles Villeneuve, Suzuka and Hockenheim. I like COTA, but only because that may be the only F1 race I will ever see, unless I win the lottery or something. If I was stank-nasty rich, my dream would be to make every race in a calendar year. I really wish they would add some of the old US tracks (or maybe some new ones) to the calendar. Just one for the US seems crazy. They have to travel all this way, they should make the loop bigger.

Without a doubt, Monaco is my least favorite, but that is only because typically there is very little racing. Starting order typically is finishing order. That breaks my heart to say because the history and beauty of the area makes for a great story…..just boring racing.

I don’t know if anyone has asked this in this thread before, but what is/are your favorite track(s)?
Spa is for sure my favorite track. I look forward to that race every year.

For the most part, I like the traditional "natural" circuits - those laid out using natural terrain with some elevation change and nice scenery around. The newer tracks are, for the most part, too "sterile" for my taste.

I really like that new track they added to the schedule last year at Portimao in Portugal. Very nice layout. I also like Imola and Mugello. Monza is fun because of the speed and the history, but it would be more fun if they still ran the banking along with the road course like they used to!

Silverstone used to be a favorite, but I don't like the newer version of the layout. I liked the original "around the perimeter of the airfield" version better, but I guess it got too fast. Oh well...

Although I know it's a very technical and demanding track, I just can't really come to like Suzuka. Never been a fan for some reason.

I'd really like it if they'd come back to some of the old venues from the past. (Showing my age here!) I'd love to see them return to Watkins Glen. Love that track. Also the old Nurbrgring. Yeah, I know that ain't gonna happen....

My dream would have F1 come to my favorite circuit, Road America! The track is universally loved by drivers in every series that races there, and I'd love to see the current F1 cars duel it out on the 4 mile natural circuit. That would be great to see!

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Great race for us Max fans. But Lando Norris, take your seat as a future WDC!!!! Lando totally got screwed by Michael Masi (who needs to be shown the door IMO). This penalty Lando got was stupid. As much as I wanted Perez to get 2nd and really stick it to Merc, he didn't commit or have the speed. He should have braked later and turned in later and set himself up for the late inside pass. Same can be said for LeClerc. If they are not side by side at the apex I'm not sure why the guy on the inside has to completely yield. And guess what...gravel on the track is what separates F-1 drivers from somebody that does HSDE!!!!!

Kimi...wow...bleep bleep bleep to his team...then running into Russell at I believe same corner (and 2-3 laps before) he completely wiped out Seb. Kimi needs glasses!!!!!!!

Maybe Bottas goes to Alfa? I think the whole let him take over Louis' position was an illusion to hide the fact that they want to make it appear they gave him every chance. No way Merc doesn't sign Russell. And that Louis had to ask "are we racing" is also rather distasteful. That said, I'll give Louis credit for calling out Lando's skill.

So far for the < 25 crowd I see Max >> Lando > George > LeClerq.

Spa is for sure my favorite track. I look forward to that race every year.

For the most part, I like the traditional "natural" circuits - those laid out using natural terrain with some elevation change and nice scenery around. The newer tracks are, for the most part, too "sterile" for my taste.

I really like that new track they added to the schedule last year at Portimao in Portugal. Very nice layout. I also like Imola and Mugello. Monza is fun because of the speed and the history, but it would be more fun if they still ran the banking along with the road course like they used to!

Silverstone used to be a favorite, but I don't like the newer version of the layout. I liked the original "around the perimeter of the airfield" version better, but I guess it got too fast. Oh well...

Although I know it's a very technical and demanding track, I just can't really come to like Suzuka. Never been a fan for some reason.

I'd really like it if they'd come back to some of the old venues from the past. (Showing my age here!) I'd love to see them return to Watkins Glen. Love that track. Also the old Nurbrgring. Yeah, I know that ain't gonna happen....

My dream would have F1 come to my favorite circuit, Road America! The track is universally loved by drivers in every series that races there, and I'd love to see the current F1 cars duel it out on the 4 mile natural circuit. That would be great to see!
What? You don’t like three ring circus tracks with red, blue, green, orange, pink, brown, yellow, fascia and purple lines and run-offs, surrounded by bright Picasso style grandstands???? How un-modern of you. How quaint your ideas must be. Why, I’ll bet you even like seeing F1 cars passing during races.

(To my thoughts, even the Indianapolis infield is a more appealing track then some of these garish areas they now call race tracks.)

Reactions: pilotjoe
What? You don’t like three ring circus tracks with red, blue, green, orange, pink, brown, yellow, fascia and purple lines and run-offs, surrounded by bright Picasso style grandstands???? How un-modern of you. How quaint your ideas must be. Why, I’ll bet you even like seeing F1 cars passing during races.

(To my thoughts, even the Indianapolis infield is a more appealing track then some of these garish areas they now call race tracks.)
Almost any track designed by Tilke is a dull track. Exception may be Turkey. Just like going back to Imola..where they all said..it'll be boring, too narrow, etc. Heck, all the real racers LOVED it.

I'd love more gravel myself. But not right at the edge...give them two alligator strips (inner less agressive), then the sausage kerb, then say 4 feet of grass (with potential for mud if it's rained) then gravel. Then if you do something REALLY stupid, you're out; penalized by one's laptime for hitting sausage kerb (make it high enough to potentially rip the front wing, barge boards, and floor plate), then you have a "penality" enforced by the driver himself. Granted, if it's a blatant push-off put the penalty on the offending driver; but good hard racing as we saw from Perez/Norris, Perez/LeClerq should not be penalized by a "committee" IMO.

@pilotjoe, As for Road America, fantastic track, very little safety though. It'd have to be majorly widened in the sense of the walls need to be moved back, more "run off" area, different walls as well that absorb energy and not concrete, better pits, grandstands, etc, etc. Likely a $200e6 re-do to bring it to FIA standards. Frankly, I'm shocked COTAS has continued to meet the regulations (I went to a concert in 2015 and the infrastructure already was in decline with large cracks in the sidewalks and such). Miami...BORE...BORE...BORING!!!!!!!! I despise street circuits (exception maybe Baku and Singapore was occasionally interesting).

As for Road America, fantastic track, very little safety though. It'd have to be majorly widened in the sense of the walls need to be moved back, more "run off" area, different walls as well that absorb energy and not concrete, better pits, grandstands, etc, etc.
Have you seen it lately? Lots more runoff area, lots more gravel. Barriers moved back. Billy Mitchell Bridge (and associated abutments) gone. It's a lot safer than back in the days when I was racing there. True enough about the pit/garage improvements that would have to be made, but the biggest problem is the location. Not really close to any major airports, and not enough lodging in close proximity to really draw the F1 circuit, even if they invested all that money into the track.

It's just such a sweet layout that i'd love to see the F1 cars use it. I can dream, can't I??? :)

Have you seen it lately? Lots more runoff area, lots more gravel. Barriers moved back. Billy Mitchell Bridge (and associated abutments) gone. It's a lot safer than back in the days when I was racing there. True enough about the pit/garage improvements that would have to be made, but the biggest problem is the location. Not really close to any major airports, and not enough lodging in close proximity to really draw the F1 circuit, even if they invested all that money into the track.

It's just such a sweet layout that i'd love to see the F1 cars use it. I can dream, can't I??? :)
Admittedly I have not seen it recently. I seem to always miss the race there as IMSA races are so spread out date-wise I tend to forget when they're racing. I missed my opportunity when I was living in eastern Iowa to drive there.

Thank God, FIA has no say about Sebring.

Sad point as it seems to me. FIA and Formula 1 are simply after the money. Not the money the fans pay to see the races, not the money the sponsors pay to see exciting races on beautiful tracks that draw lots of spectators, in person and on television. They are simply after those countries/municipalities that will pay huge sums for the privilege of holding an event. When and where the event is held matters little. The worst of the bunch are races in cities where the track is bounded by high steel walls and the track allows zero racing. (Just a parade in front of tv cameras and little else).

Sure, they pay lip service to it being a world wide sport so the circuit has to go those places, but when the abandon the roots of the sport, they are abandoning the sport

I may be wrong, Monaco is popular because it is a long time event in a municipality that draws people. Certainly not because of the exciting racing. Attempting to Emulate Monaco, when your city is definitely NOT Monaco has never worked and never will. Again I may be wrong. (I only watch Monaco to check out the sailboats.).

I may be wrong, Monaco is popular because it is a long time event in a municipality that draws people. Certainly not because of the exciting racing. Attempting to Emulate Monaco, when your city is definitely NOT Monaco has never worked and never will. Again I may be wrong. (I only watch Monaco to check out the sailboats.).
I've seen plenty of exciting Monaco footage, but it's the vintage kind where the cars are half the width and they slid around a lot at lower speeds, and overtaking was possible. So the history is cool, but the modern races are not.

FIA and Formula 1 are simply after the money. Not the money the fans pay to see the races, not the money the sponsors pay to see exciting races on beautiful tracks that draw lots of spectators, in person and on television. They are simply after those countries/municipalities that will pay huge sums for the privilege of holding an event. When and where the event is held matters little. The worst of the bunch are races in cities where the track is bounded by high steel walls and the track allows zero racing. (Just a parade in front of tv cameras and little else).

Agreed. The new street circuits are not all that interesting to me. Even Baku, which is more interesting than most, is dull compared to some of the traditional "natural" racing circuits. The street circuits just don't have any character at all. Just all walls and fences and 90 degree corners. Meh.

Hamilton sucks!!!!!!!!!! Thank God Max is ok, that was a horrific shunt!!!
He doesn’t even have the courage to put Botas on top of the Podium
And all the British moderators of today’s race sucked even more, what a shit Show
And wile I‘m at it, the 22 car looks like a fucking Indycar, F1 goes faster downhill then I ever thought possible

He doesn’t even have the courage to put Botas on top of the Podium
And all the British moderators of today’s race sucked even more, what a shit Show
And wile I‘m at it, the 22 car looks like a fucking Indycar, F1 goes faster downhill then I ever thought possible
Agree, looks way too much like Indycar. Yes, the announcers apparently get blown by hamilton after the race. I turned it off before restart and did yard work. The fact Perez got penalized 2 weeks ago, Seb at Canada for an event he really couldn't help AFTER he (admittedly) F'd up in 2018. No shocker because hamilton's biggest hero is also my least favorite driver of all time - same tactics to win...just run them off. How many times did hamilton do that to Albon in 2019/2020? His history is, if I cannot beat them, I'll tap them. Go to NASCAR pretty boy...see how long you last in that game.

Hopefully he'll have a few DNF's too. Maybe make that Perez's number one task. Secure championship by running the little crybaby off. And F-1 can suck it too, they are bowing to the whole "thing" and putting him in a different rules class.

The in-car CLEARLY showed Max straightening the wheel up even for an instant (like there were quite a few feet traversed in that instant), and hamilton just barging right on. He knew he couldn't make Copse stick going in that way and there was almost a car's width to the Apex. Red Bull best be bitching all week.

When I saw that crash, I immediately thought "God no!!!!" Because 10-20 years ago, Max would be dead. The penalty should be much stiffer and to bring his royal pussiness back to reality he should be given a one race suspension and if there is another one of those stunts he likes to do (just touch the rear wheel) he gets a 3 race ban. I think that's been done before. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. It's not just this incident either, his history almost makes "my least favorite driver" look like a saint.

Finally, toto and/or hamilton came out and said, no way to stop RBR and Max unless he gets a DNF. Koinky Dinky?

ps...51G impact!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt he'll have some brain injury.

Reactions: STUKA and Schütze
So sad, my favorite Motorsport as long as I can think and now not watchable anymore. What a shame! Remember when they took MSC‘s points away for something lesser?
It‘s almost funny how they match today’s world politics … or not at all

Now there’s really no Sport to watch anymore, I guess buy more 22 ammo and go shooting instead.

Reactions: STUKA and BytorJr
I have been struggling a bit with F1 for a while now. Like many of you it has been my favorite motor sport to watch for many many years but the penalties that are levied now seem to make no sense. Never mind the fact that they can't seem to come up with a ruling on anything in any kind of a timely matter and forget any kind of consistency...

Full disclosure: I am not a Hamilton fan. I get he is talented. That being said, to me it seemed that he was absolutely desperate to get past Max at any and all costs, to put his car where he did on a corner that is a 180mph corner is just stupid. I understand racing, I understand pushing the limits-but there are places to do it and places not to do it. As shitty as what happened today was, (who knows what the long term physical effects of a 51g shunt are going to have on Max), it could have very easily been far far worse.

I think Martin Brundle said it best when he describes getting together at the speeds they carry through there as an "airplane crash".

I think you need to let the guys race, and I know that the racers understand that there are risks, but there are places to take those risks and places to stay in touch with the guy your running down so you can make a move without the risk of killing one or both of you, and maybe some spectators or corner workers as well if things tangle and decide to take to the air...

It is going to be interesting to see and hear the comments from other drivers and people involved with the sport this week as they give their opinions about the incident.

Hamilton sucks!!!!!!!!!! Thank God Max is ok, that was a horrific shunt!!!
Not saying Lewis wasn’t more at fault than Max, but it takes two to tango…tangle in this case I suppose.

After watching the replay and commentary, I honestly would have put it down as a racing incident. Probably a reason I’m not a steward though…LOL.

I am in shock! Total SCHOCK!!!

I thought I was the only one who was not a fan. I, a person who felt that louis was somewhat overrated. His talent has only really shown through when he was in the seat of a totally dominate car.

I’ll go one more step. His first World Championship was gifted to him by a fellow countryman. Felipe Massa won it fairly, only to have button pull aside to give hamilton the point he needed. Legal, probably, just plain unworthy, DEFINITELY!

Last edited:
No reason to be shocked, you got it all right! He always was a whining cunt, a fast one at that but still…..
Thats by the way the only reason Bottas has gotten a contract extension because nobody else would put up with this shit

• Haha
  • Love
He brought most of this political stuff into the sport too, completely unacceptable to me at least.

Can‘t watch German soccer no more either, they kneeling now before the game starts. What a wonderful time we live in.

Lewis plays the game and cheats if he has too. On the formation lap he stayed well behind Max in an overt attempt to let Max's tires cool just a little bit more than his tires, so he could get a better start. I race and in my class we do running starts. If there was that big of a gap they would have made us do another formation lap. They were side by side and Lewis ran wide on purpose as he didn't even get close to the apex. He knew what he was doing by pushing out that far. I just wish he was taken out also so that he wouldn't have scored any points.

Reactions: STUKA
I wonder what it is that makes these super-talented drivers end up with the attitude that "I can do no wrong and if I can't beat them, I'll push them out of the way". It happened to Senna. It happened to Mike Schumacher. And now it's happened to Lewis. And for that reason I never was a fan of any of these drivers. Super-talented to be sure, but something about that talent and the success it brings seems to seep into the psyche somehow.

And with Lewis, he compounds this by bringing his politics to the fore, which further turns me off. But that's true in most sports nowadays. I can't hardly watch anything without getting some political message or "virtue signalling" shoved up my you-know-what. It's sad. F1 is not the sport it used to be for me, but I still watch it. If for nothing more than to see those times when Lewis makes a mistake, or now recently, just gets flat-out beaten. I have some drivers that I like, and I cheer for them and for anyone who "puts it" to Lewis.

Just glad that Max is OK, and hopefully will be back at 100% for the next race. Then maybe he can stick it to Lewis (figuratively). Go MAX!!

It was a shitty race to watch. 10 sec penalty for Hamilton????? what kind of bullshit is that? I had to turn it off when he crossed the line and started doing his victory lap. I hated seeing Lando and Sainz have the pit issues that cost them severely. Likely cost Lando a podium. What was up with all the pit issues and rear right tires? It was across the board on multiple teams and cars. Is the heat really that much of an issue.

I too hope Max returns in full form, but I don't know if he will be the same. 51g sudden deceleration is more than just some bumps and bruises. I have no doubt he is feeling it this morning.

It was a shitty race to watch. 10 sec penalty for Hamilton????? what kind of bullshit is that? I had to turn it off when he crossed the line and started doing his victory lap. I hated seeing Lando and Sainz have the pit issues that cost them severely. Likely cost Lando a podium. What was up with all the pit issues and rear right tires? It was across the board on multiple teams and cars. Is the heat really that much of an issue.

I too hope Max returns in full form, but I don't know if he will be the same. 51g sudden deceleration is more than just some bumps and bruises. I have no doubt he is feeling it this morning.
I am sure he is feeling it today for sure. I had a minor accident on track and it was at 1.8g I didn't think much of it until later that day. The next day forget about it, I could hardly move. My lower back and left nut (lower waist straps came loose cause me to turn in the seat and catch the groin straps in the wrong place) hurt like hell, took a few weeks to get over that. With the next race only be two weeks out I would expect he will still be feeling some soreness.

Reactions: brianf
I am sure he is feeling it today for sure. I had a minor accident on track and it was at 1.8g I didn't think much of it until later that day. The next day forget about it, I could hardly move. My lower back and left nut (lower waist straps came loose cause me to turn in the seat and catch the groin straps in the wrong place) hurt like hell, took a few weeks to get over that. With the next race only be two weeks out I would expect he will still be feeling some soreness.
Helmut Marko is RIGHTFULLY calling for hamilton's victory to be tossed and a one race ban. Yes, indeed, in the spring Max passed Hamilton there EARLY on entry and made the apex. To me this just further proves crybaby knew exactly what he was doing. Didn't adjust steering angle either from what I've read. I didn't see much of his in-car.

Idiots online saying it was Max's fault are well...idiots. He gave space, had the line, apex'd according to his line, and crybaby and anointed one never made an attempt at the apex. Had he driven the line he should have old Charlie would have been past. Max was clearly in front, taking proper later apex line - how is HE at fault?

And now I see F-1 is calling for an end to racial comments.