• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

Not sure what you mean here as Kimi currently races for Alfa and Alonso currently races for Alpine.
Yea, but all of them aren’t as good as the top F2 drivers after they get a few races under their belts.

Mercedes and Ferrari weren’t trying to get those guys back. They know those older guys are past their prime.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Saw Romain Grosjean racing in Indy Car yesterday. Good to see he is still racing even though it's not F1
He has skill but either too aggressive or has a mental lapse at times.

Maybe on a oval where the straits are time to “recoup” he can keep his head in the game.

Well while I am not a fan of Lewis he did a great job of getting back onto the podium after making that huge mistake. WTF, Bottas?! Bottas is not performing at the level he should be. I was really happy that Max got Lewis at the start and that he won. Perez qualified really well, but was no where in the race. Fucking Haas is no where near the level they were last year and that was bad. It can't be the drivers at this point, the fucking cars suck. Vettal, Alonso, and (my favorite driver) Kimi should all hand it up and let some of the F2 drivers in.
That start by Max was excellent. Anybody doubting his skills now it nuts. I remember that first year I was like...this guy has the makings of a Prost in his understanding of car setup but with aggressiveness of Senna. Louis should have not tried to stick with him there and as a result could almost have traded his Merc in for a Swamp Buggy and gone to the Sippy Hole.

But was was apparent is that Max is still FAR, FAR superior to Perez. Had Max not screwed up he'd easily have gotten the pole; but, he did. The interesting thing was he wasn't that far off the pole with that massive screw up in Turn 3. I was beginning to think Perez isn't that much better than Albon, and I'm still not convinced he is.

Sadly, Vettel is done. I called this in 2018. He's finished as a top F-1 driver. I hate that; but with Lance Stroll handing it to him, he cannot have a good mindset. I knew Alonso wouldn't cut it; and it's becoming obvious that if Ocon is routinely doing better than him, that his skills have not yet gotten back (jury still out for now).

Though I agree Kimi is done; we may get another Megaspin as a driver...yikes.

The highlight for me, other than my man Max winning; is how awful Bottas is. He's terrible. Personally, I think George instinctively moved over because it did appear Bottas moved ever so slightly at one of the most awesome turns in F-1 (before Senna); however, I think it was purposeful that he did that because he knows George is going to get the drive next year at the rate George took over Louis' car and really should have won that race last year. Bottas has to be shitting his pants knowing George will replace him; and thus, the intimidation of the slight "crowd" comes in.
Kudos to Hamilton though for a brilliant drive back (though he was lucky as hell to have red flag) And Lando...I was really hoping he'd get #2 position. I still think, and have no reason to believe otherwise, that Max would destroy Hamilton if he was in Bottas' car. By destroy...10-15 second victories without much effort; maybe more like 30 seconds.

Reactions: pilotjoe
Bottas is not performing at the level he should be.

Yes, I have been quite shocked that Bottas seems to have lost his edge this season. For the past few seasons he's been at least within striking distance of Lewis, and would beat him on occasion. This year he hasn't been close at all. Wonder what's up with that.

Haas is no where near the level they were last year and that was bad. It can't be the drivers at this point,

I'm not so sure on that. Yes, the cars aren't all that great, but the drivers (especially "Megaspin") have done nothing to help the situation. I think Haas made a serious mistake in choosing those two drivers. But then, I think they are doing NOTHING on the 2021 car, and expending all energy on developing a car to the new 2022 rules. If that's the case, then we shouldn't be expecting much.

Vettal, Alonso, and (my favorite driver) Kimi should all hand it up and let some of the F2 drivers in.

Vettel has been WAY over the hill for the past two or three seasons. He really should just hang it up. I didn't expect much from Alonzo, figuring he's way past his prime as well. So far, he has delivered exactly what I expected.

Kimi is surely past his prime, but somehow I like having him around. I've always liked the guy, and he doesn't do too badly for a guy his age in a mid-pack car. I don't expect him to be around much longer, but I'm enjoying it while he's still here.

Yes, I have been quite shocked that Bottas seems to have lost his edge this season. For the past few seasons he's been at least within striking distance of Lewis, and would beat him on occasion. This year he hasn't been close at all. Wonder what's up with that.

I'm not so sure on that. Yes, the cars aren't all that great, but the drivers (especially "Megaspin") have done nothing to help the situation. I think Haas made a serious mistake in choosing those two drivers. But then, I think they are doing NOTHING on the 2021 car, and expending all energy on developing a car to the new 2022 rules. If that's the case, then we shouldn't be expecting much.

Vettel has been WAY over the hill for the past two or three seasons. He really should just hang it up. I didn't expect much from Alonzo, figuring he's way past his prime as well. So far, he has delivered exactly what I expected.

Kimi is surely past his prime, but somehow I like having him around. I've always liked the guy, and he doesn't do too badly for a guy his age in a mid-pack car. I don't expect him to be around much longer, but I'm enjoying it while he's still here.
I was expecting much more from Mick Schumacher. He has won a championship in F2 and those cars are very similar to F1 cars. The Haas cars didn't have pace last year and are well out paced this year. I wouldn't find it fun to be in a car that I know I will be lapped every race.

Yeah, Kimi is still cool and I suspect if he were in a McClaren or Alpine he'd still be competitive. And he's not out saying he's the best or anything (like another old guy). Besides any soundbite with Kimi is worth having him on the grid. You all know...all of about 6 words: "Ehhh, ya, it was, ehhh, tricky." Agreed, Vettel was done after 2018. That season destroyed him. Be it the shunt in Canada or the off in Germany which was a complete brain fart (I think that did it more than anything).

Agree, Alonso has prove to be exactly what I thought....over the hill. Those 2 years out are extremely costly at his age. I'm sure he loves racing, and I totally respect that; but when he opened his mouth (as usual) and said he's as good or better than anybody on the grid he proved himself a fool. There is no way, in any universe the guy was or will be better than Louis or Max. Even winding the clock back 10-15 years. Though Louis is at the end game of his career, I'll give the little shit credit. He's maintained himself physically and always strives for the best. Political BS aside, he is the real deal - though helped tremendously by a car that is(was?) the class of the field since 2014 (though he also helped develop that car).

If Haas cannot get it together by 2023, Gene needs to end it. But having the two rookies is a HUGE mistake. Not that they didn't do correctly by getting rid of the other two; but maybe pair Nick with Kimi or even Hulkenberg. They need somebody who has experience to help develop the car. I'm not sold on Nick though, we shall see.

I almost wonder if Albon will go to Haas to replace Megaspin - depending on Perez's season, that may be his only way to stay in F-1 or take Kimi's seat or Ocon's (another overrated driver). I'd much rather have Albon than Latifi, Megaspin, Giovinazzi, Ocon, or the aging Kimi if I was team principle.

Last edited:
Sigh. I used to watch CART. Was at the Milwaukee Mile when Greg Moore won at such a young age. I remember wanting Patrick Carpentier, his partner to win. RIP Moore.

Besides any soundbite with Kimi is worth having him on the grid. You all know...all of about 6 words: "Ehhh, ya, it was, ehhh, tricky."

Kimi's most classic line, heard over the radio as his race engineer was feeding him info. "Leave me alone. I know what I'm doing!" Pure Kimi. I'll never forget that one!

Kimi's most classic line, heard over the radio as his race engineer was feeding him info. "Leave me alone. I know what I'm doing!" Pure Kimi. I'll never forget that one!
Yeah, that was classic. That was in the last 2-3 years I think. Or maybe that's "Kimi: Program 1." Watching him go through that Bottas/Russell wreck was hilarious as well. "I have shit all in car." or something like that. All sorts of "shit' being used by Kimi.

Bwoah, people talk about Kimi and say he should quit, that he's too old, that he doesn't care... blah blah blah

While there are some other characters on the grid I can't think of any who have brought the level of entertainment, (for me at least), that Kimi has. In the kinder gentler all inclusive world that F1 is turning into, Kimi is that rogue element that you just don't know what he is going to do or say, and that makes me happy. I wish he was in a better car.

Some of the joy I think he brings to the grid:

1. His interviews from back in his McLaren days where his were classic. Just one long word with many many many syllables all delivered in monotone: todaywehaveagoodcarthespeedwasgoodthetracksuitedourpacewellrondennissmellsniceilikesupermodelsandicecreamdoesanyonehaveagorrillasuitthatmightfitme...

2. He is prone to heckle reporters asking stupid questions, telling one when asked where he was during a ceremony that he was "having a shit".

3. He has signed up for a snow mobile races using another F1 legends name, (James Hunt-who's antics were also legendary).

4. He has entered boat races wearing a gorilla suit. Rumor has it that the reason behind using an alias was that it is common to have clauses in the contracts that drivers have with the teams that they drive for preventing them from participating in activities that the team felt was dangerous. Kimi circumnavigated this by putting on a gorilla suit or entered under another name.

5. He left his stranded McLaren after it broke down with a mechanical failure during the race in Monaco and walked straight to his boat in the harbor, (not the pits where pretty much any other driver would have ended up for a debrief of the situation), where he changed into board shorts and started drinking.

6. After heading to the pits when the Malaysian Grand Prix was halted due to torrential rain, changed into dry clothes-shorts not a dry driving suit, and hung out eating an ice cream bar.

7. Pretty much every radio transmission is gold.

The list could go on and on...

Looks like another Mercades show season. Less than 5 racing laps into this race and 4th place is already 10 seconds behind, 10th place is over 30 seconds behind. Seems it going to be another season where the only way they will make racing interesting is to install track sprinklers and turn them on.

Reactions: Sleddog30
That’s why i haven’t watched much at all.

Limiting testing, limiting changes it’s not fun to watch.

Preseason testing is the championship order.

And people are lying when they say it’s fun to watch their team in a mid pack race that’s right.

No one wants to watch a loser...I know I’m a NY Jets fan lol

Reactions: Sleddog30
I think F1 could be much more exciting if the podium wasn't decided on by how much money each team spent.

I'm not sure that's true, perhaps it's unrelated, but it sure seems like the last decade or so there has been a huge focus on making things cheaper (one tire manufacturer, no refueling, limiting the tires used, massively limiting practice/testing, tons more engine/aero/equipment regulations/rules) in the name of reducing cost and keeping lower teams more competitive, and the only result seems to be even more boring racing. The same thing happened to Nascar decades ago, once they started making all the cars the same, it just become more and more boring. I'd imagine Ferrari is every penny the rules allow them to, and they are still only the 4th-5th fastest team.

Better still make the rule changes to bring Mercedes back into line with the rest of the teams. Just like when FIA changed to the new style power units. It was done to make the teams more even. Yeah, right

It was done to stop Vettel and Redbull from winning a 5th in a row. The same thing was done when Ferrari won 7 with MS.
The only difference being Ferrari managed to stay in the game.

Liberty proposed a spec engine to even the field. Ferrari said if F1 was turned into NASCAR they would not race and completely drop out of F1.

As always in F1, what is good for Ferrari is good for F1. So no spec engine. Rule changes are coming for 2022 let’s hope it will even the field a bit. I can’t watch that whiny idiot Hamilton win one more race.

I think F1 could be much more exciting if the podium wasn't decided on by how much money each team spent.
Exact opposite, money counts

if the teams want to spend it then let them spend it

f1 is not fit poors, it’s supposed to be the pinnacle of design. Now it’s who has the best off-season computer sims.

Would you rather see 2 teams with 8 cars each pushing the limits of technology and design with unlimited budget or this parade driving we have now

Hi,

LOLOLOL so when it is racing IF everyone is anchored to the weakest Teams engine spec's, lololol???

Maybe the other Teams need to stop playing the "social justice" card with "we want everything even so we we all have a chance at winning" and start designing and developing better shit instead.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: worvin
Max’s pass on Bottas on lap 37 (Bottas on his out lap after a pit stop) was pretty sweet though. Yeah, this year is shaping up as another high speed parade, but every once in awhile we get to see why these guys are at the absolute pinnacle of 4-wheel motor racing.

The sprint races will add an interesting dynamic...not sure it’ll be better though. Would love to see less aero and more pit stops...with refueling again; smaller fuel tanks maybe.

F1, as with most racing, always comes down to whoever spends the most money will get the most wins. That is pretty much inevitable. At least this year (so far) we've got at least one other team in with a shot of winning each week. Maybe that will continue. One can only hope.

The new rules next year will be interesting. Hopefully it may, at least temporarily, even the field to some extent. But again, maybe not, as it takes money to develop new cars to new specs, and the teams with the most money will ultimately get this done more quickly and efficiently.

And so it goes.

I read where that puffter Nico Rossberg is basically saying Max is beat, he F'd up, etc. I didn't get to watch the race live and when I did watch it (01:00) I didn't particularly notice Max "fucking up" with Hamilton. I did though, think Hamilton had a different philosophy on restart (much more conservative). Max is in this to win this; and God willing he will. I'm so sick of Hamilton's self-righteousness I just want him to have his ass handed to him.

Make no mistake, Merc isn't as shy on downforce as they want people to believe. That said, next year I can assure myself anyway, that their lineup may be Max and Russell. For sure Russell, Bottas has no business being on that team. He's about Alfa Romeo level and maybe Aston Martin level...maybe. He quali's good; but his race skills are extremely lacking (opposite of poor Alex Albon). Valteri would probably be a fantastic rally racer.

F1, as with most racing, always comes down to whoever spends the most money will get the most wins. That is pretty much inevitable.
This is the truth. From my first hand experience. In 2017 I won the ST3 Texas Championship. I raced against a GST3 car that move into ST3. We were pretty equal and I would get him towards the end of the race. That guy sold his car and the person who bought it dumped some money into it. Fast forward to 2021 and that guy smokes me by 4 seconds a lap. He did two things 1st he put on wider tires. It's a 1999 BMW running 315 tires. 2nd he runs Hoosier A7s. All of that put together is worth 4 seconds. For next year I will be running wider tires and getting A7s instead of R7s.

For my bad this year I was racing on the cheap and bought used Michelin Slicks. This cost me HP because they are a non DOT tire and the rules penalize you for using them. The A7s are a DOT tire and just as much grip as the Michelins. The used tires cost $50 per tire and not $500 per tire like the A7s. It was a huge mistake as I found out that the Michelins are really only good for 1 heat cycle and then they lose grip. With that said I was still running 1:20s which isn't bad considering how bad the tires were. With the changes I am making I will be in the 1:16s if not into the 1:15s next year. It only money.

Today is just another good example of how boring F1 has become, 3rd place was already almost 10s behind at lap 8 when the safety car came out, bunched everyone back up, after the safety car left, in less than 10 laps, 3rd place was again 10s back, in another 10 laps at half distance, 3rd is still 10 seconds out, but 5th place is 30 seconds, a half lap, behind. At the end of the race you have 2nd place 17 seconds back, 3rd place almost 30 seconds off, and 5th place over a minute off the pace, none of it due to pit issues, crashing, mistakes, the cars are just that different in pace.

You basically have Mercades and Red Bull trying to make a car fast enough to qualify on the front of the grid, but horrible if they get stuck behind cars, and the rest of the pack trying to make a car that can pass/race for the mid field points because they know they have no real chance to catch Merc/Red Bull, and a couple teams just praying they finish.

Reactions: brianf
Yesterdays F1 race put Max at the top drivers championship and Red Bull at the top constructors championship. For how long, who knows. It's just great to see. Damn, Lewis was having a total hissy fit when Vettel did the over cut and got in front of him. Monaco is boring as shit for most of the race as usual. Leclerc taking pole and then not being able to race sucked. Same with Bottas' wheel being cross threaded. Ferrari looked better in Monaco with a second place finish and getting some points. Congrats to Carlos for that. Also, nice to see McLaren on the podium too. Norris is looking better and so is the new paint scheme on the cars.

Best part of the race Lewis took 7th place and was pissed at his team for being over cut.

Yesterdays F1 race put Max at the top drivers championship and Red Bull at the top constructors championship. For how long, who knows. It's just great to see. Damn, Lewis was having a total hissy fit when Vettel did the over cut and got in front of him. Monaco is boring as shit for most of the race as usual. Leclerc taking pole and then not being able to race sucked. Same with Bottas' wheel being cross threaded. Ferrari looked better in Monaco with a second place finish and getting some points. Congrats to Carlos for that. Also, nice to see McLaren on the podium too. Norris is looking better and so is the new paint scheme on the cars.

Best part of the race Lewis took 7th place and was pissed at his team for being over cut.
New paint scheme is for Monaco only at this point; but much nicer than all Orange. Though the blue didn't come out as well as say on a 917 :).

Hamilton is whining like the $@#$ he is. When Martin sat down and they looked at the 2019 race and he said...you really should have given up the position when you drove straight through the Nouvelle Chicane and he just flippantly said..."no, I don't think so. " I lost interest in Louis in 2007 when it became obvious he played the card at times. Now he continues to play the card. His shirt he was strolling around in before the start was again in violation of the rules; but no fine of course. I wonder when his team is going to get sick of the whining and shit. I want hamilton for one more year with George as team mate and watch George hand it to him.

In other Male Soap Opera news...so Max is dating Kyviat's ex with whom they share a baby and she is Nelson Piquet's daughter....ROFL. Seriously Max...go get another supermodel... My first time to be disappointed in max.

It would have been an interesting drag race with Charlie (though I don't like him either). Bottas needs to go find a new team...who, I don't know because right now Max and Lando are the stars with Carlos following closely by. And speaking of blue and orange...I'll repeat my assessment of Danny Ric I made to people I know in 2018...HIGHLY overrated. Just like folks thinking Alonso would set the world on fire...Ocon is handing it to him.

Nice to see Seb running well, MAYBE he'll get some of his mojo back and at least hand it to Stroll, who actually continues to impress me more than he should.

Alas...BOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG!!!! OMG...I don't remember it being so boring, and it wasn't when they actually had to shift gears via a lever!!

Monaco is the one race on the calendar I cannot bring myself to watch. I forced myself to the last few years......just couldn't do it this year.
As long as pole sitter doesn't crash or is crew flub the pit stop, he is virtually guaranteed a win.

I watched it just to see where the whiny bitch Hamilton finished. The Sky Sports staff made a lot of comments on the lack of passing. Any race is fun to watch when the cry baby does not win. I love hearing the radio conversations between him and the crew.

Vettel did a great job of stuffing it up Hamilton’s ass. Bravo Seb!

Last edited:
Monaco is the one race on the calendar I cannot bring myself to watch. I forced myself to the last few years......just couldn't do it this year.
As long as pole sitter doesn't crash or is crew flub the pit stop, he is virtually guaranteed a win.
I watch Monaco for the history of the event, and there's always the possibility of rain or a safety car (or two). This year, neither of those things happened so the race was pretty processional. I was disappointed that LeClerc wasn't able to start. That would have added another piece to the puzzle. Judging by his and Carlos' performance, the Ferrari likes the slow, tight, bumpy circuit. Will be interesting to see how they do at Baku.

Hamilton once again proved to be the crybaby that he always is. If he's not winning he's crying. I really, REALLY want to see him paired up with George Russel next year. I think George would give Hambone lots of reasons to cry. I'd love it!! (This is assuming Mercedes would give George equal equipment to Hambone, which will remain to be seen.)

So Monaco... You either love it or hate it or love to hate it... I am not sure, but I have to admit even though there are very, very few passes made on the track, when someone does nut up and decide to "send it" it usually is a good one with many attempts ending in tears.

And for one reason or another I think the pit crews tend to let Murphy join them for Monaco as for some reason there seems to be more honked up pit stops done at Monaco than any other track on the calendar as it seems almost every year someones race gets destroyed by something stupid done during a pit stop.

I always watch Monaco, I know it's not the most exciting but it has some redeeming qualities-if you can stay awake to see them.

For example:
Leclerc gets provisional pole, then stuffs the car into the guardrail by the swimming pool shutting down qualifying taking pole. He then wanders around with all the Ferrari dudes slapping him on the back telling him what a good job he did. (For added fun if you haven't listened to the radio transmissions from both Bottas and Verstappen after Leclerc found the barrier, I highly recommend searching them on the internet and giving them a listen).

I wake up to watch the race on Sunday morning and Leclerc is out. WTF? Turns out not wanting to risk a grid place penalty Ferrari didn't quite get all the right stuff back into the car as it didn't make it around the track for a sighting lap. I like Leclerc but fuck Ferrari, I haven't cared for the team since they fucked Kimi when he was Vettels team mate because they wanted Vettel to get the points... (keep in mind Kimi is the last guy to win a world championship for Ferrari). That's one for Mr. Murphy and zero for Ferrari.

I also love it when Lewis gets stuck in traffic for one reason or another and Monaco is a great place to get stuck behind someone slower than you. The reason I enjoy it so much is it usually brings out an appearance from "big baby Lewis", and Sunday's race didn't dissapoint. He was whining about everything. I especially enjoyed when Perez got by him with the undercut and his race engineer was giving him the "good news"...

Seeing someone other than Lewis win was fantastic, and seemed even more so when you factor in that not only was Max now the points leader, Red Bull leap frogged the Mercs for the team championship.

I loved seeing both Carlos and Lando on the podium, as I like both of them a lot. I also always look forward to Lando on the podium because he always takes the champagne bottle by the neck and slams it on the podium to give it that extra umph. He then hammers whoever is within range. If you watched the podium on Sunday he waited until the other dudes on the podiums bottles were kind of fizzling out, he then gave it the hammer of the gods trick and soaked the others. Love that guy. I actually was concerned he might hose down the royals as I don't think they would dig it too much...

Oh I almost forgot, they brought the trophy out in a presentation box!!! how pimp is that???!!!??!

Lastly, and this is a big one. Monaco is not afraid to have grid girls. Not kids in driving suits. Girls. Girls the way god intended them to be, you know, on the grid and the podium. So while the rest of the races on the calendar are all kinder and gentler and "racing together" or whatever Monaco gave the finger to the establishment and brought back girls. Girls.

First rule of fight club: "You don't talk about fight club". I view F1 results the same way, as such I am not talking results here about qualifying for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix as I don't want to be "that guy" who ruins it for someone who hasn't watched it yet...

That being said, 4 red flags in qualifying? WTF? Seriously WTF????!!!!!??!!!

Hoping for another Verstappen victory today. Can't wait to listen to the radio transmission of Lewis Hamilton whining about something. I also cannot wait to see Nikita Mazepin wipe out and/or bitch and scream over the radio about not being able to turn dials and switches while driving.

Hoping for another Verstappen victory today. Can't wait to listen to the radio transmission of Lewis Hamilton whining about something. I also cannot wait to see Nikita Mazepin wipe out and/or bitch and scream over the radio about not being able to turn dials and switches while driving.
F Pirelli!!!!!!!!!!!! Max had the "easy win." Or do we blame Paul for making the comment that Max is on his way to victory. Announcer's curse?

Holy Crap...what a final part of the race!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't have asked for better result with Max gone!!!

Excellent race. I always enjoy Azerbaijan. It beats Monaco by far. I begrudgingly voted for Vettel as driver of the day. He earned it. I was shocked when Max blew out that Left Rear tire. It was fortuitous Hamilton locked out those brakes on the restart.

Excellent race. I always enjoy Azerbaijan. It beats Monaco by far. I begrudgingly voted for Vettel as driver of the day. He earned it. I was shocked when Max blew out that Left Rear tire. It was fortuitous Hamilton locked out those brakes on the restart.
Maybe Seb is getting some of his mojo back. He may end up on podium again; but not sure. Needs to be a crazy race for that to happen.

Poor Max!!! However, I LOVED watching Louis completely screw up his warm up procedure and how Checo forced the issue in turn 1!!! Seeing Louis completely screw up was the highlight of the season!!! Apparently he almost crashed earlier; though I'll take an out and out massive mistake like this one any day of the week. Max escaped for sure. Bravo for Checo; now Max has a real #2 driver who's going to force him to raise his game as well as give him defense against Merc/Ferrari.

Kudos to Gasly too. Brilliant defense against Charles.

Yes, Perez has finally showed up. He will be the wingman Max needs to fight off Merc and Hamilton. While I liked Albon I don't think he would have been able to do what Perez did this race. Bottas is struggling this year. I suspect we will see him driving for another team next year. Norris did what Norris does and made an excellent climb back up the ranks at the end of the race. I was surprised Gasley held of LeClerc, especially with the power issues his car was displaying the last 1/3 of the race.
Who ended up with the fastest lap? Max had it, but didnt' finish top 10 so it doesnt' count.

Yes, Perez has finally showed up. He will be the wingman Max needs to fight off Merc and Hamilton. While I liked Albon I don't think he would have been able to do what Perez did this race. Bottas is struggling this year. I suspect we will see him driving for another team next year. Norris did what Norris does and made an excellent climb back up the ranks at the end of the race. I was surprised Gasley held of LeClerc, especially with the power issues his car was displaying the last 1/3 of the race.
Who ended up with the fastest lap? Max had it, but didnt' finish top 10 so it doesnt' count.
I forgot about the Gasly power issue. That was a great scrap there. Albon definitely would have cracked under the pressure from Hamilton. Gasly though, I think he'll be either #1 at Alpha Tauri for a while or somebody like McClaren should be eying him to replace Ricciardo who I still say is overrated by a large margin. Russell will replace Bottas at Mercedes next year - I see no way that doesn't happen. Bottas has never impressed me either; but unless he ends back at Williams in a swap his F-1 career is over (unless Alfa will replace one Finn with another).

F Pirelli!!!!!!!!!!!! Max had the "easy win." Or do we blame Paul for making the comment that Max is on his way to victory. Announcer's curse?
Unfortunate circumstance for Max. However, seeing Sergio as numero uno on this race is the best alternative thing to happen. I do believe RB has finally found their secondary driver who can keep up with Max and actually drive their car. I agree with the other comment about Danny Ric being overrated. He's a good and funny dude off the track but consistently under performs. Bottas is too much of a yes-man. This season is shaping up to be something special for a change. The last few have been snooze fests, and I keep some hope for Haas getting their shit together. I'd really like to see an American team hanging with the best in Formula 1. Having hope for that team at this point seems foolish. :/

I agree Bottas is gone next year. Russel’s talent is too good to rot at williams, and with Wolff blaming bottas for the pit debacle at monaco, the writing is on the wall.
I doubt Williams will take him back they’ll be looking for a stroll or mazepin that can pay his way to at least make their other driver competitive.
It’s too bad Danny Ric is struggling in the mclaren. He’s a good guy to root for. I’ll never forget the look on Rosberg’s face after Ric convinced him to do a shoeie.

Uggg...that Toto Wolf guy. Claiming that queen louis hitting the "magic" button or whatever was not a mistake is just plain silly. It was a MISTAKE Toto...go back to the German equivalent to Kansas!!

I really like the last two laps. I am so glad they didn't just end the race under a red flag. I am also, glad they red flagged the race so everyone had a chance to change tires. Not just for safety reason, but for making the last two laps racier. Everyone covered the Max issue and that the out come was the best one could ask for.

I am glad that Redbull is winning the constructors championship and Max is still winning the drivers championship, even though is only 4 points. Could have been 15 at the end of the day.

Man, those last few laps were darned exciting! I, for one, was happy that Lewis made his mistake and exited the race. I'm happy to see new faces on the podium. I'm starting to feel like this season might not be as boring as the last few from the standpoint of of the title fight. Hopefully it will stay close till the end.

Kudos to Seb Vettel for a heck of a drive. I am not a huge Vettel fan, and have been thinking that he's over the hill and should probably retire, but he sure did a heck of a job in this race. Maybe he's catching a second wind and will get some of the old fire back.

If George Russel isn't in the second Merc next year I will be very surprised. I was really hopeful that Bottas would be the man to give Lewis a run for his money, but that hasn't panned out (especially this season). Don't know where Bottas might end up, but I'm pretty sure it won't be back at Merc.

A long, long time ago, far, far away, to the Kirste homestead, Formula 1 was the Bees Knees. We would make DVD’s of the practices, qualifying and race and send to our son who was in the Air Force (and often deployed, flying missions over Iraq and Afghanistan) and not able to see the live telecasts. Brenda would call me up while I would be in the middle of a shooting match to tell me the result of a race. (at times when I was on the line, shooting) We attended the races at Indianapolis. (When the V-10’s ruled and the cars were really fun to watch) Even had a family that adopted us in Indianapolis and we would park there every year where they gave us a special parking place to protect our Corvette and invite us to the barbecue after the races.

Then the rules changed, then Mercedes began to dominate and it appeared to us that the rules prevented any other teams from ever having a chance to be competitive. Then Formula 1 and its reigning crown (or clown depending on one’s prospective) prince became so dominate that it was about as much fun to watch as watching grass grow or watching paint dry. Until last Sunday.

The race was actually a bit fun to watch. Not that we liked seeing the tires explode and the wrecks they caused. But fun seeing new or different drivers and different teams on the lead and on the podium.

Now, I have to admit, my favorite team is whichever team is leading Mercedes. My favorite driver is which driver is leading Hamilton. Not being racist but Hamilton and his frowning always angry father jsut rubbed us the wrong way early in his career and we have never really warmed up to him since.

Still not as fun as watching NASCAR racing in the rain at the Circuit of America’s though.

Lets go back to a time when the V10s were still around. Best sounding era by far!

I always torn on the V-10 (and V-12) engines....what sounds better, the wailing of the engine at high rev (19K) or that bad ass upshift!!! Saw the V-10's once in person (2001 USGP).

(edit) Downshifts also bad ass; but I think the upshifts win :).

Mercedes v-10 had the best sound live.
you could close your eyes and know…coming from a Ferrari fan BTW

I always torn on the V-10 (and V-12) engines....what sounds better, the wailing of the engine at high rev (19K) or that bad ass upshift!!! Saw the V-10's once in person (2001 USGP).

(edit) Downshifts also bad ass; but I think the upshifts win :).
The best sounding power unit of the V6 turbo hybrid era is the Honda unit in the RB cars. All the others sound like glorified vacuums.

Reactions: BytorJr
Man, those last few laps were darned exciting! I, for one, was happy that Lewis made his mistake and exited the race. I'm happy to see new faces on the podium. I'm starting to feel like this season might not be as boring as the last few from the standpoint of of the title fight. Hopefully it will stay close till the end.

Kudos to Seb Vettel for a heck of a drive. I am not a huge Vettel fan, and have been thinking that he's over the hill and should probably retire, but he sure did a heck of a job in this race. Maybe he's catching a second wind and will get some of the old fire back.

If George Russel isn't in the second Merc next year I will be very surprised. I was really hopeful that Bottas would be the man to give Lewis a run for his money, but that hasn't panned out (especially this season). Don't know where Bottas might end up, but I'm pretty sure it won't be back at Merc.
I can't stand Russell. I think he's a little school boy bitch. Only reason I hope Mercedes picks him up is to make every one of their losses even more sweet.