• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Any German Luger experts out there

kish

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio
My father gave me a german luger 9mm the date on the slide is 1917. Took it apart and cleaned it the other nite, think it may have not been cleaned sinced 1918. Havent shot it yet but the toggle does not stay open when cocked with an empty magazine. The mag has about .050 inches of movement in the locked posistion . When pushed up and pulling the toggle back it does lock open. Thinking about buying a replacement magazine and/or tig welding the catch in the old mag to lock it deeper in the mag well. Any suggestions or am i chasing the wrong solution

thanks

Does it feed rounds without pushing up on it?

Check the catch slot in the mag body to make sure it hasn't been cut or worn. Remove the catch and do the same. People do some stupid stuff to 'em

Check the catch slot in the mag body to make sure it hasn't been cut or worn. Remove the catch and do the same. People do some stupid stuff to 'em

I agree. That year Luger should have a wood bottom mag. If it does not, it may already be an aftermarket replacement causing the malfunction.

The catch slot seems okay....i'll remove the catch tonight

I agree. That year Luger should have a wood bottom mag. If it does not, it may already be an aftermarket replacement causing the malfunction.

The mag bottom is definately not wood, it looks like aluminum

Okay...the mag bottom is a black plastic, I did figure out the problem. There is a follower button on the outside of the magazine, this follower button when set the proper distance contacts a hold open lever when the last round is fed. On The opposite end of the lever there is a tongue that is forced up to lock the breach in the rearward position when the last round is fired . The follower button on the magazine was not seated causing all of the problems. Hope this helps someone else

DWM Deutche Waffen und Munitionenfabrik.

Magazines came with wood, plastic and alubottoms depending on then they was manufactured.

For shooting i really prefer trippel-k stainless mags. Lugers are hard on mags so i usallt shots with tripple k.

DWM Deutche Waffen und Munitionenfabrik.

Magazines came with wood, plastic and alubottoms depending on then they was manufactured.

For shooting i really prefer trippel-k stainless mags. Lugers are hard on mags so i usallt shots with tripple k.

Thanks for the information i chcked the tripple k site and will order a spare today
The spring plunger on the sear seems really weak any idea where to get a sear complete with spring and plunger?

They are usually very weak, sorry no recomendation for spares. There is a lugerforum where you better ask that question as i have less knowledge about us market