• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Any info on rumored new NF reticles?

matt33

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Bradford/Susquehanna Co, PA
I've read in a couple of places that NightForce will soon be releasing some new reticles. Does anyone have any solid info or ETA regarding this? I'm in the market for a NXS, but I'm not totally satisfied with the MLR or the NP-R1 (these are the two I'm considering, but I haven't decided between mil/mil or moa/moa yet).

Re: Any info on rumored new NF reticles?

For a Mil based recticle on the NXS, what could you not be satisfied with on the MLR? Are you looking for a Horus type or a Gen2 XR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are you reading this info? </div></div>
I read this on ar15.com. It's my understanding that everything I read on the internet is true, but I wanted to confirm it here just to be sure.

The MLR is my favorite NF reticle and what I'm leaning toward. However, I wanted to see if something a little different was coming out soon. I shoot in a very wooded area and sometimes the thin NF reticle lines are harder for me to pick up than my Leupold TMR. I love the TMR reticle, but I like everything else better about the NF (mil/mil, zero stop, lit reticle, HS turrest). It's not really a knock against NF, where I shoot is probably unique compared to many other shooters.

Not sure if it was for all or just the F1. The discussion was brought up in the Precision Rifles section which I also mod and it was from Bill at NF so it's good info. I am sure there will be more info after SHOT in about a month

When I emailed them all they told me was the velocity reticle will be offered in the higher magnification scopes and graduated for 1000yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a Mil based recticle on the NXS, what could you not be satisfied with on the MLR? Are you looking for a Horus type or a Gen2 XR? </div></div>

When you look at the Gen 2 XR, MP8 A5 and EBR 2 reticles, it's hard to understand why NF has not bellied up with a competitive reticle. The MLR is pretty limiting by comparison. This (in addition to the extra cost and lack of magnification) were show stoppers for me. I ended up buying a Razor.

I *might* have given the F1 a second look if it had had other reticle choices. When I saw the MLR, I just kept going and realized later just how expensive it was by comparison.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot confirm nor deny. We will have more info for you while we are at SHOT SHOW.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Pull pin......

provide grenade.......lol

Direct quote from Bill from NF from out post at AR15.com:

"The Nightforce F1 is being released this year with new reticles, to include a redesigned MLR addressing the issues that Rob and I had discussed in the past......"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to include a redesigned MLR addressing the issues that Rob and I had discussed in the past......" </div></div>

Rob who?
wink.gif

Did you talk about holdovers? That's the biggest attraction to the other reticles to me, although the solid stadia help with rapid acquisition on lower powers.

John

There are a couple of new Reticles and I know NF will be releasing new stuff..

I spoke with them and even provided a "drawing" of an "Enhanced MLR" reticle specifically for the F1, I have no clue what they are using from that suggestion, but I hear it is close. ( I know others have spoke to them about it as well)

They also have a combination reticle I have seen used, part Mil, part velocity, I have used it and it works, but not any better than a Mil Dot alone... at least not past 600 yards. They insist on these, hunting, holdover. bdc type reticles which work only on paper... but again, they are not busy nor are they bad, just not enough to be right.

So, I know they will have some announcements come shot, exactly how they go, I can't say this early.