• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Jeep Wrangler owners here?

Yes, that's about the only way to adjust camber besides the special washer from the factory. That's not usually enough for a lift much more than 2". Darting sounds like it's not tracking well and adding camber should help.

Replace 'camber' with 'caster' in this post. :|

Reactions: Bender
You should have some adjustment in the lower control arm rear mount. It looks like this
1524325110490.png

Using appropriate shims, set the angle to about 6*, like this
1524325216440.png

Has anyone with a JK had any leaks in the passenger compartment? I bought mine on 4/4 and the shop has had it more than I have. Brand new and I've never had the tops off but they have had it over a week this time and still can't get it to stop leaking.

View attachment 6898481

Jeep arrived! Haven't even moved it off the driveway.... pouring rain. Tomorrow I'll play with it. Gonna be a fun rig!

Needs better tires. I know... I know... that's how it starts..

Cheers,

Sirhr

The Firestone MT2 so far has been a great tire for me. I have run everything from the BFG MT, NITTO mud grappler and worn out two sets of Pro COMP MT tires and I like the firestone best so far.

And... I got a great deal on a set of Rubicon wheels on eBay.

But the inside-tailgate storage box doesn't count. They should have had that stock. And the gas can mount.

And a pair of nerf bars for the rocker panels is not really customizing, that's just a bit of kit that they forgot to put on at the factory.

I will admit that a couple of KC-Hilighter-kind-of-extra lights c. 2018 technology is a bit of customizing. But, hey, I get to add 'something' right?

Shut up.

Cheers,

Sirhr

And... I got a great deal on a set of Rubicon wheels on eBay.

But the inside-tailgate storage box doesn't count. They should have had that stock. And the gas can mount.

And a pair of nerf bars for the rocker panels is not really customizing, that's just a bit of kit that they forgot to put on at the factory.

I will admit that a couple of KC-Hilighter-kind-of-extra lights c. 2018 technology is a bit of customizing. But, hey, I get to add 'something' right?

Shut up.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Just in case it hasn't been said yet, JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.

So two months into Wrangler ownership... and only about 1K miles on it... Loving it!

Of course, you guys said I'd be customizing it and doing all kinds of stuff... which I denied. So I'll start by saying that new wheels and tires don't count... because factory wheels suck. And the brush guard, didn't cost much. So it doesn't count. Side steps... well, this model didn't come with them, so I had to get those. And the glass slider windows... well, I haven't actually 'installed' them yet. So they don't count, either. And the extra lights. Well, it already had fog lights. So a few more is really on the same switch. And the seat covers aren't customizing. They're just protection.
Same with the gun box.

But I haven't done anything to it... really. It's stock.

35435058_1447367705409872_5805834166784229376_o.jpg

Worse than a boat. I will get one when they drop a diesel into them.
I hear the oil burner is not far out....

Or you can drop one of these in an older one.. $8900 plus a nice older $6000 Jeep is way less expensive than a new one....

So two months into Wrangler ownership... and only about 1K miles on it... Loving it!

Of course, you guys said I'd be customizing it and doing all kinds of stuff... which I denied. So I'll start by saying that new wheels and tires don't count... because factory wheels suck. And the brush guard, didn't cost much. So it doesn't count. Side steps... well, this model didn't come with them, so I had to get those. And the glass slider windows... well, I haven't actually 'installed' them yet. So they don't count, either. And the extra lights. Well, it already had fog lights. So a few more is really on the same switch. And the seat covers aren't customizing. They're just protection.
Same with the gun box.

But I haven't done anything to it... really. It's stock.

35435058_1447367705409872_5805834166784229376_o.jpg

That's a 2017 right?

I hear the oil burner is not far out....

Or you can drop one of these in an older one.. $8900 plus a nice older $6000 Jeep is way less expensive than a new one....

I'm an ex-truck driver and a current JKU driver. Anything diesel fascinates me. This^^^ makes my nipples hard.

Would have to swap out the fuel tank, lines etc. Or maybe not, just drain everything and let it dry out thoroughly?

I'm an ex-truck driver and a current JKU driver. Anything diesel fascinates me. This^^^ makes my nipples hard.

Would have to swap out the fuel tank, lines etc. Or maybe not, just drain everything and let it dry out thoroughly?

I thought about waiting for the diesel... but I won't every buy the first year of anything... and we are looking at 2 years before anything proven becomes available. And I don't want used...

So I'll run this for 5 years.. at the end, maybe diesel is available. Who knows. After 5 years, we may be living in caves after 1776 redux. For now, I'll enjoy this!

But share your sentiment that a diesel Jeep would be amazing!

Cheers,

Sirhr

It would be the best possible world. Well, until the body rusted out.

I think you reuse the gas system with their fuel pump.

I really miss my Rubi. 3.6 auto, 4.56 gears and 37 inch tires. It made a round trip from LA to Texas with 5 people. Crawled everything I pointed it's nose at. Best damn truck I ever had. Upgraded everything. medical
image.jpeg
problems forced the sale or I would still be wheeling instead of shooting.

Reactions: whiskeytower
I thought about waiting for the diesel... but I won't every buy the first year of anything... and we are looking at 2 years before anything proven becomes available.

Exactly!!! I looked long and hard at the new LR Velar last year, but like you, waived off due to it being the first year model. I really wanted that inline 6 too. My old (first year '87) YJ had the old 4.2L I-6 engine, and that thing could pull stumps wirh all the low end torque it produced. Unfortunately, vehicle beta testing is often "testing by release", and so the first year owners get to find out all the "engineering design flaws" by owning them. Did that with my Jeep (which was fraught with issues), and won't ever do that again...

I did a diesel swap myself. (Cummins 5.9 common rail) into an H1. Shit-ton of work. I imagine doing one on a JKU would be similar. Adapter plate to tranny, TCM mating to engine, sensors, new driveshafts, fuel tank fitment, body control module. Lift pump vs fuel pump. engine mounts, radiator fitment. Then you may want a stronger diff and axles. Costs go up quickly.

Reactions: Bradu
There's a company doing 4BT swaps in the JK,s they pump up the power and they work pretty good. Cummins has come out with a 4BT crate engine for YJ/TJ jeeps.

I did a diesel swap myself. (Cummins 5.9 common rail) into an H1. Shit-ton of work. I imagine doing one on a JKU would be similar. Adapter plate to tranny, TCM mating to engine, sensors, new driveshafts, fuel tank fitment, body control module. Lift pump vs fuel pump. engine mounts, radiator fitment. Then you may want a stronger diff and axles. Costs go up quickly.

The Cummins crate motor comes with its own wire harness, cpu and even it’s own foot feed/gas pedal. It bolts right up.

Someone needs to revive this thread. Here is my 1979 CJ-7 picture from several years ago; I will post a recent picture later. The motto is even with tires, front and rear lockers and lifts "red clay" can get you stuck. Here is one of the rare times I was not stuck on a dry day.

Attachments

• E7E43B52-A8D4-447F-B9FA-B2D33F3B13F1.jpeg
    E7E43B52-A8D4-447F-B9FA-B2D33F3B13F1.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
The wrangler is far too expensive for what it is.
shit reliability, low power, bad gas mileage.

Only reason they still sell is that it is a unique vehicle

I'll take an F150 or silverado 4x4 of a wrangler any day.