• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any opinions on JP Supermatch barrels?

Leicafan1990

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2022
USA
Just curious if people here have any experience with these barrels. I know they’ve been popular in 3gun for a very long time and JP has a great reputation. I’m curious about their cryo treatments and whether or not their barrels hold their accuracy for as long as they claim they do.

Reactions: Malcolm31
Just curious if people here have any experience with these barrels. I know they’ve been popular in 3gun for a very long time and JP has a great reputation. I’m curious about their cryo treatments and whether or not their barrels hold their accuracy for as long as they claim they do.

They are a great barrel but your talking bartlin pricing for it.
WOA Bartlin

They are a great barrel but your talking bartlin pricing for it.
WOA Bartlin

Does WOA do custom profiles? That’s a very decent price for a Bartlein but that service rifle profile is 20” and weighs a ton. The JP barrel in 16” comes in at 1.0lb 12oz.

I have the 22 inch in 6.5 creedmoor using the heat sink, adjustable gas block, lmos bcg, hp bolt, and jp h2 buffer system. Works great. 147eldm, 143eldx grouped great sub 1/3 moa. After 400rds 140eldm started grouping well
1/2 moa up to 300yds out, 5 round groups. For medium weight I would highly recommend. I'm not saying it's the best, but hard to beat. For a field rig I would buy it again, prs I may go another route on barrel #2. I took a course and long strings did not disappoint. Mirage from barrel heat and dissapator was noticeable.

Does WOA do custom profiles? That’s a very decent price for a Bartlein but that service rifle profile is 20” and weighs a ton. The JP barrel in 16” comes in at 1.0lb 12oz.
Yes they do, just reach out to them.

I have a medium weight 223 in 18”. I run the heat sink and have about 7 k rounds through it. Stupid accurate and worth every penny. If you shoot high volume then the heat sink is worth it. Used mine for shooting prairie dogs and it made it really fun.

I have lots of rounds on my 18” 3 Gun JP AR-15 in .223 Wylde and it’s still super accurate and reliable. I would say amazingly accurate out beyond 600 yards.

If you’re interested in purchasing a JP rifle or a JP barrel for your build…

Code: 68SS0717

Will save you 10% on JP parts or 5% on complete JP rifles at JPrifles.com

If you have any questions about JP rifles, please let me know.

I have 6 factory JP rifles and currently getting one of the new 9mm ones built. If that tells you much I like them! Every one of them Is a .5 Moa gun. The good thing is they even shoot cheap ammo great and are not ammo picky at all. I have a proof that is maybe a hair more accurate but is very ammo sensitive.

Crazy accurate, had 2 LRP-07's, one with Jp barrel and the other with Proof research barrel installed at JP. Proof shot .6-.7 and JP was .3 at 100 yards, I would only get the JP barrel in the future.

For similar price, you can get a Bartlien or Kreiger, which is a better investment IMO. I am not paying that kind of money for a button rifled barrel.

I've had 6 JP barrels. 1 - 6.5 supermatch, 1 - 223 18" medium contour, 2 - 22 LR supermatch, 1 - 5.56 light contour, 1 - 224 supermatch. I don't think they are bad barrels, but for the $ I wish I'd have just bought Bartlien/Kreiger etc. that for basically the same cost I've had better accuracy than JP. It does seem I read about a lot more hit and miss accuracy issues with JP barrels people have built with, rather than JP's full uppers or built guns. For a 3 gun or lighter contour etc. I'd buy them, but for a heavy barrel on raw accuracy I'd rather have a Bartlein, Kreiger built. Probably JP's best feature is not their absolute accuracy in my experience, but they shoot most ammo pretty well, definitely not ammo picky.

• The 6.5 shoots okay, 1 MOA or a bit better with factory match ammo. Have another 6.5 Bartlein that Precision Firearms built up that consistently shoots better.
  • The 223 medium weight and 5.56 light weight shoot 1 MOA with good factory ammo (neither of these have high mag scopes so they'd probably do better with ammo they really like and a precision optic).
  • The 224 barrel would not shoot, had issues at the gas hole, JP could not fix it or get it to shoot. Since they stopped making 224's they replaced with a barrel of my choice in another caliber.
  • The first 22LR barrel did not shoot well IMO, returned it to JP, they got it to shoot around 1 MOA with Eley Tenex at 50yds. 1.75 MOA with other PMC at 50yds. To be fair to JP they don't build these for accuracy but reliability it seems. The manual it states that even with high end match ammo 1 MOA is about all you can expect and they both have been 100% reliable with a wide range of ammo. Had I known that in advance I wouldn't have bought it, but that's on me.
  • Second 22LR barrel was a replacement for my .224 barrel they could not fix/replace, figured I'd roll the dice and see if this one shot any better as they didn't really have anything else I needed in a barrel, if anything it shoots a bit worse.

All that said, when I have had issues, JP has been nothing but amazing to work with, really can't speak highly enough of them. They really are a great customer service company and that's pretty rare in this industry.

Update on my 6.5 CM JP barrel.

Finally shot out, about 3K rounds. In the last 100- rounds velocity dropped roughly 50fps and group size has gone from 0.38-0.43 MOA (multiple 5 shot groups over 2 years) to 1.1+ MOA (8 shot group after subtracting a flyer and a separate 5 shot group). AA4350 44.0 grains, 140 eldms, Hornady Brass, 2713-2720fps. Keeping everything even, same batch of reloads went from 2702 to 2651fps in the last 100 rounds or less.

Recently acquired a sufficient bore scope, and prior to today's range day displayed significant fire cracking several inches up from the chamber. I have yet to inspect after today's trip.

FYI magneto-speed gen 3.

I have a 6.5cm craddock signature barrel ready. I would still recommend JP super match, but wanting more barrel weight for balance in positional shooting.

Reactions: Ernest 5.56