• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any service guys Dijibouti bathroom habits - WTF?

rkgsmith

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2005
maryland
I am currently doing some training in NC and there is a unit from Djibouti here getting some US training. When ever they go to the head they go into the stall with a couple of cups of water. I'm a college educated guy and looked on the net for practices concerning taking a smash and found some references to Afgan hand wiping practices, but I just have to have somebody tell me WTF they guys are doing in the can with three cups of water. I may be taking my business elsewhere at my site, if you get my drift. Like the guy said in Dirty Harry, " I gots ta know."

Re: Any service guys Dijibouti bathroom habits - WTF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's rather common to use water after a number 2 in some parts of the world. It's also part of Muslim BR etiquette: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_toilet_etiquette </div></div>

^^ Thats funny.

I also always make the last one a wet one.

Step 1: Wipe with TP to get chunks off
Step 2: (can be step 1 if enough water if present)Begin slowly pouring water over top/base of penis, while squatting, so the water runs into your crack
Step 3: begin wiping away with hand while using water
Step 4: dry crack; should be shit free.
Step 5: wash your hands

I dated an Iraqi refugee once and asked her about this. Her answer: if you got poop on your arm, would you just wipe it off or would you wash it? ... uh, wash it... so why don't Americans wash their ass? No argument.

In both Arabia and the Indian subcontinent, the most modest toilet facilities I have seen feature a water spigot with a tin cup chained to it next to the squat hole. On the regular Indian passenger trains (as opposed to the luxury tourist trains), there is no holding tank. The refuse falls right through onto the railroad bed. The ones that are a little more luxurious might have a sit-down toilet, or a spray nozzle like on an American kitchen sink, or both. The really <span style="font-style: italic">nee-plus-ultra</span> shitters, usually in better hotels, have a flush toilet <span style="text-decoration: underline">and</span> a bidet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they're actually being cleaner than "refined" dry toilet paper users </div></div>
I think it's wonderful their ass is so clean, but I'm not in the habit of shaking someone's anus when I greet them, and I doubt they're in the habit of preparing meals with their buttocks.

This is exactly why tourists to places like India always tend to get "the traveler's disease," known in medical circles as fecal-oral transmission. Because someone's shit, or the E. coli bacteria from it, has found its way into their mouth. It happens because the peons in those places, the exact class of people who carry your luggage, clean your hotel room and cook your meals, aren't likely to have the world's most scrupulous hygiene habits.

This is like kosher or halal dietary habits, religious rules with a practical purpose, intended to preserve the physical well-being of the adherents, and written with the location (and its resources) and the relative sophistication of the practitioner in mind. If Muhammad had been born in 20th Century Chicago rather than 6th Century Arabia, and if his followers hadn't been illiterate, migratory goat herders, the rule might as easily have been three squares of double-ply Charmin.

I've had the traveler's disease in more countries than I'd care to remember. For my money, I'd prefer they devoted more attention to keeping the shit off their hands to start with. And if I feel an irresistible urge to fondle someone's ass, I'll just ask them to do me the favor of washing it off first.

Mr. Dobbs well written and well said. I understand perfectly now, thanks to all. Shitter on the left of the classroom now off limits to me and my crew, across the parking we will go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Step 1: Wipe with TP to get chunks off
Step 2: (can be step 1 if enough water if present)Begin slowly pouring water over top/base of penis, while squatting, so the water runs into your crack
Step 3: begin wiping away with hand while using water
Step 4: dry crack; should be shit free.
Step 5: wash your hands

I dated an Iraqi refugee once and asked her about this. Her answer: if you got poop on your arm, would you just wipe it off or would you wash it? ... uh, wash it... so why don't Americans wash their ass? No argument. </div></div>

almost verbatim how it was explained to me... by an Iraqi woman.... lol

Step 1: Baby wipes

Done.

Now onto my platform to end world hunger and baby wipe shortages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Step 1: Baby wipes

Done.

Now onto my platform to end world hunger and baby wipe shortages. </div></div>

this, johnson and johnson seems to be the best.

Preparation H sells boxes of individual wipes sealed in foil pouches. When I'm abroad, I usually keep one packet in my wallet or stashed somewhere on my person, in case of emergency. Not because I have hemmies, but because they're actually made for wiping your bum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And then there's southern India ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_toilet </div></div>
That's enough to make you turn kosher.

Baby wipes get the crusties out, then dry it with 2-ply. Done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Preparation H sells boxes of individual wipes sealed in foil pouches. When I'm abroad, I usually keep one packet in my wallet or stashed somewhere on my person, in case of emergency. Not because I have hemmies, but because they're actually made for wiping your bum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And then there's southern India ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_toilet </div></div>
That's enough to make you turn kosher. </div></div>

Prep-H wipes are primarily witch hazel soaked.
great for cleaning the arse.
also great for insect stings & bites
cleaning cuts, etc...
quite a few uses.
I have them in my first aid boxes, (car, house, garage)

who knows... you may be in the field & squat wrong and a hemeroid pops out....

A Muslim must first find an acceptable place away from standing water, or people's pathways or shade.[4] They are advised that it is better to enter the area with the left foot,[5] facing away from the Qiblah.[1]

While on the toilet, one must remain silent. Talking, answering greetings or greeting others is strongly discouraged.[1] When defecating together, two men cannot converse, nor look at each other's genitals, and especially not handle each other's genitals.[6] A man should not touch his genitals with the right hand.[7][8][9][10][11][12][13]

Why the fuck would you be looking let alone be handling another mans genitals ???!!!

Yesterday one of our guys watched one of the students use a paper cup (which they do leave lying around the shitter) dip it into the toilet first. With all this talk of "unclean" and "cleanliness" why in the world would you wash your ass with dirty water. Washing it with your hand and clean water is bad enough, but dirty water WTF??????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it wasn't a problem, there wouldn't be a rule.

--Fargo007</div></div>

Heh, indeed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rkgsmith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday one of our guys watched one of the students use a paper cup (which they do leave lying around the shitter) dip it into the toilet first. With all this talk of "unclean" and "cleanliness" why in the world would you wash your ass with dirty water. Washing it with your hand and clean water is bad enough, but dirty water WTF??????</div></div>

Common sense is not a pillar of islam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it wasn't a problem, there wouldn't be a rule.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

As I recall there are two famous (or infamous) verses that deal with a similar subject in someone else's "big book." I'd quote it but I'd rather not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it wasn't a problem, there wouldn't be a rule.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

As I recall there are two famous (or infamous) verses that deal with a similar subject in someone else's "big book." I'd quote it but I'd rather not.</div></div>

Well do tell... PM me if you like. Something tells me you're wrong on the context, both historical and otherwise.
wink.gif

Guessing a tie-in Deuteronomy? (sp?)
do spell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiddenmongoose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why the fuck would you be looking let alone be handling another mans genitals ???!!! </div></div>

A friend of mine that has just returned home from a Middle East deployment explained it to me like this: Most of the males view in the Middle East are, women were for making babies and men are for fun.

When I asked him if he was messing with me, his answer was no... I'm not messing with you. He went on to say that while they were out on their patrols, they observed the local males engaging in homosexual activity on multiple occasions.

This might be why this bathroom etiquette was set up that way?

P.S. If this violates OPSEC because I mentioned my friend being on patrol, please delete.

Iv worked alongside pakistani troops before and have heard them say that phrase , we also refuelled in banglladeshi camps and heard that there also, those guys would walk around holding hands or baby fingers.Go figure !Even if you were that way inclined why on earth would you be touching genitals while in the process of taking a dump!ha ha i just have to laugh

Screw the suttle tactics, we should have turned the entire region to glass when we had the chance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelman303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw the suttle tactics, we should have turned the entire region to glass when we had the chance.</div></div>

Are you a stockholder in Charmin?
sneaky.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiddenmongoose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iv worked alongside pakistani troops before and have heard them say that phrase , we also refuelled in banglladeshi camps and heard that there also, those guys would walk around holding hands or baby fingers.Go figure !Even if you were that way inclined why on earth would you be touching genitals while in the process of taking a dump!ha ha i just have to laugh </div></div>

Blumpkin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiddenmongoose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iv worked alongside pakistani troops before and have heard them say that phrase , we also refuelled in banglladeshi camps and heard that there also, those guys would walk around holding hands or baby fingers.Go figure !Even if you were that way inclined why on earth would you be touching genitals while in the process of taking a dump!ha ha i just have to laugh </div></div>

Blumpkin</div></div>

I think you mean "Al-Blumpkin"
Let's see if I can transliterate it...

OK, so SH doesn't support Arabic characters... screenshot:

nvcioo.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MEAT4272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend of mine that has just returned home from a Middle East deployment explained it to me like this: Most of the males view in the Middle East are, women were for making babies and men are for fun....</div></div>
After his first sea duty, a friend of mine who's a Marine officer told me the same thing about sailors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocBach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">baby wipes for the win </div></div>

Fucking A!

I dont know how people wipe their ass with dry toilet paper and feel clean the whole day. Id go freaking nuts with that crusty sticky shit between my cheeks.

I keep a box of unscented baby wipes in my desk drawer at work and in my truck at ALL times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelman303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw the <span style="font-weight: bold">suttle</span> tactics, we should have turned the entire region to glass when we had the chance.</div></div>

sneaky.gif
</div></div>

I know it ain't Merriam-Webster ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelman303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw the <span style="font-weight: bold">suttle</span> tactics, we should have turned the entire region to glass when we had the chance.</div></div>

sneaky.gif
</div></div>

I know it ain't Merriam-Webster ...</div></div>

"I don't give a shit if he won't win a spelling bee; I only care if he can be an asset in a firefight"- SSG Patrick, regarding the egregiously misspelled SOP written by the platoon sergeant

In a blog posting over the weekend, singer Sheryl Crow unveiled her plan to help everyone combat global warming. It involves toilet paper. I'll let Sheryl tell it in her own words:

"I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the solution to global warming. Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of conserving trees which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required."
http://voices.yahoo.com/sheryl-crow-says-one-square-toilet-paper-only-313782.html?cat=7

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a blog posting over the weekend, singer Sheryl Crow unveiled her plan to help everyone combat global warming. It involves toilet paper. I'll let Sheryl tell it in her own words:

"I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the solution to global warming. Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of conserving trees which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required."
http://voices.yahoo.com/sheryl-crow-says-one-square-toilet-paper-only-313782.html?cat=7</div></div>

Does this woman actually poop?

This is a very interesting topic. I think I will pursue a Ph.D. in Theology and my thesis topic will be: "Your Asshole and Alla: An Illustrated List of Approved Activities".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a very interesting topic. I think I will pursue a Ph.D. in Theology and my thesis topic will be: "Your Asshole and Alla: An Illustrated List of Approved Activities".</div></div>

Wouldn't work as motard is the epitome of all things and must be emulated. To have an illustrated guide, you'd need to draw him. That would create a shit storm, and God said no more deluges to destroy mankind.

So that leaves fire, and that means korans burn, which means burning shit. Burning shit smells like the middle east. This would provide an olfactory takeover of the world by islam by default.

In short, you would be dividing by zero.

However, have at it!

I am still wondering how they get shit all over the portajohn walls when they are squating over the hole. An as to water...nope. I did see a lot of rocks though, and the honey truck crew kept telling us to lock the doors so they would stop bringing rocks into the little blue houses.
Water? hahahaha, not in some places, and I ALWAYS offered my LEFT hand to shake in a greeting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am still wondering how they get shit all over the portajohn walls when they are squating over the hole.</div></div>

That's the other thing that was mentioned to me, "11" is their lucky number and it's all over the portajohn walls.