• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anybody use the ND3-40 for hunting?

gmphk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I am looking to get into hog hunting with a suppressed 6.8 AR and wanted something to use instead of spending the money on a night vision device. What are your thoughts on these laser lights and what are the pros and cons?

Does the standard ND3 work or is the 40 mm bezel worth the extra cash? Is the Sub Zero model worth the extra cash beyond that...?

Re: Anybody use the ND3-40 for hunting?

Run don't walk from Laser Genetics products. The idea is great but their execution sucks. Spend the money on good NV. Buy once, Cry once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Run don't walk from Laser Genetics products. The idea is great but their execution sucks. Spend the money on good NV. Buy once, Cry once. </div></div>

I second this... I thought oh what the hell it cant be that bad right... Boy was I wrong!!!

I have used the nd3 on 2 hog hunting trips one in TX and one in AL and in both cases I was lucky to get the light on them before they ran like hell. Also used a hog sniper light and it worked great. In my opinion lazer lights are neat, expensive, and useless.

OK. The light sucks. If I were to go with nightvision to use in conjunction with an Acog, what would you guys suggest? The light was a much cheaper alternative. I can't get anything done right without spending a lot of money...LOL

Nightvision and tight wallet DO NOT go hand in hand
laugh.gif

Olight Triton M31 with green filter worked awesome...again not night vision but seemed to work on the hogs in TX. I turned the light on the ground and walked it into the hog, they didn't even budge....until they fell over.

oh yeah, one guy had the ND3, I never killed with it but seemed a decent alternative to NV