• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone bought in the last year a new Rem 700p MLR 338LM?

dannyh

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
Dunlap,TN
Has anyone bought a new Rem 700P MLR 338 LM in the past year? Reason I asked I wanted to know if anything as improved on them. I wanted to know if accuracy been good and if anyone had any issues with there rifles? It’s hard to find any current new info on recent ones made that people have bought and there results.

I was on a budget at the time and put one on layway even though preferred to went custom route. Now that I got extra funds come in the picture I did not know about now I could had a custom build but that’s ok that I’m not still glad to be getting one finally police model even though Remington should build them bigger and stronger. If it don’t go good then I will sell it go custom route.

Looks like I will have to order a badger rail for it and like to know which one part number I need to order as I do not have the rifle yet.

I’ve researched the magazines and know it’s accurate mag mags and looks like they are 3.775 I think mags. I want to go with aic mags if at all possible but only seen the regular short one and the newest cip which is the longest one they make. Accurate mags right in the middle. I don’t know if one of them will work in it. I read and could not go back and find it where someone who has one had used aic mags but then I don’t know if they have a pre 2009 model or not as mags changed I in 2009. I don’t know how good accurate mags are some say ok and some say good and others think not very good.

All my other rifles I’m using aic mags and just sent off 3 to get cdi bottom metal done and they will use aic mags also. Im wanting to stay with the same brand if at all possible. I could go cdi cip mag route later to use the aic cip mags if need to but not really wanting to do all that.