• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anyone built a bolt action 458 Socom?

How accurate are you finding that Tromix barrel?
Too early to say for certain. Still working on load development. Haven’t been able to shoot it much due to life but it’s grouping 1.5” at a hundred yards currently. I’ve shot nine rounds down the barrel so it’s still building copper. Really hopefully to be sub-MOA. Realistically I’ll be happy with that out of a subsonic load since the projectile is the size of my thumb.

This fella right here was honestly the whole reason I built the rifle. Check out his “1000 yard shot” video with it. I’ll be happy with 300-400 out of mine. Debating on a form 1 suppressor in place of my SilencerCo hybrid for maximum suppressor, but not sure if the noise level can really be brought down any further. Also wanna try the Lehigh’s but can’t bring myself to $3 / per click.

Reactions: superde
I would like a bolt action 458 SOCOM as a suppressor host. Who builds them.
I’m not aware of any company offering pre-built rifles in .458 socom. I used a Tromix barrel and a Remington action to build my own. Works great for having lots of energy behind a very quiet suppressed round.

Reach out if you need more info.

Bishop ammunition.com sells a 16” bush bolt gun chambered in .458 Socom.
they have a hunter and a safari version. Looks like no inventory and I do not own or have used this gun. Wished it was a lower cost rifle but it does exist.

Attachments

• IMG_1666.jpeg
    IMG_1666.jpeg
    808.1 KB · Views: 55