• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else excited for baseball season?

Hey sarge, we have the little pens playing right up the road. We go see them once or twice a month. Good hockey. You guys have a good chance at the cup! I'd be surprised if you didn't win it.
Mike

Hey sarge, we have the little pens playing right up the road. We go see them once or twice a month. Good hockey. You guys have a good chance at the cup! I'd be surprised if you didn't win it.
Mike

I watched the penguins last night. They stomped the shit out of Philadelphia.
The Preds play tonight.
If our local team wins Kraft Hockyville, I’m hoping we can get the Preds here for a preseason game.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...vor-to-ask-shreveport-mudbugs-hockey.6880936/

I can hardly believe it; I'm interested in baseball again.

AZ Diamondbacks lead the NL West, and are third overall behind Boston and the Yankees.

Go D-Backs!

Greg

Reactions: Snipe260
D Backs are solid all the way around. Yanks and Sox should make the AL east fun to follow, throw in the Jays and the east is the Beast! How bout those Phil's!! If we only had a closer!
Mike

I thought Neshek was your closer?

Went to the Rockies game last night, they shutout the Brewers.

Love going to the park! Im sure you had a good time seeing a shutout! Neshek is on the DL, arm trouble. Hector Neris is the closer, 3 blown saves already, Friday night took a 2 run lead into the 9 th, gave up 2 home runs :-( The Snakes and the Giants are gonna give your Rockies all they can handle, should be an exciting year. What happened to the Dodgers? We're going to see them play the Phil's in July. How about that play that Arrenado made from his knees! He's unreal!
Mike

It was the second shutout I've attended. First one was when Jon Gray pitched a complete game shutout with 16 K's against San Diego.

Sorry to hear about Neshek, he's a great pitcher. I was concerned when the Rockies let him go, but Ottovino has been absolutely stellar as a late reliever.

The snakes always give the Rockies a hard time, and SF are just average so far. Who really cares about LA? About time they were taken down a notch... division rivals and all.

It was the second shutout I've attended. First one was when Jon Gray pitched a complete game shutout with 16 K's against San Diego.

Sorry to hear about Neshek, he's a great pitcher. I was concerned when the Rockies let him go, but Ottovino has been absolutely stellar as a late reliever.

The snakes always give the Rockies a hard time, and SF are just average so far. Who really cares about LA? About time they were taken down a notch... division rivals and all.

The Rockies should pay you to come to the games! Shutouts are hard to come by, to be there for two, your a luck charm! :) Saw Nola pitch 3 hit ball into the 8th last year, hoping to see Kershaw when the Dodgers come in! It's a long season, the Giants have too good of a lineup not to get on a roll. Before it's over, there's going to be some exciting baseball!

If this happened more often I may tune in to baseball more often. ;)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mike 556
Phillies signing of Andrew McCutchen, David Robertson and J T Realmuto has the fans excited. Now if they would only go after Kimble and Keuchel and leave Harper to some other team, we’re in the playoffs!

Phillies made some great moves in the off-season. They are going to be a tough team this season.

All the Rockies did was sign Daniel Murphy and Mark Reynolds (minors). I do like both of those players, I just wanted them to be a bit more aggressive and get some good pitchers.

I’d like to see a lot more college games too. ANYTHING can happen in a college game. Big rallies, pitchers get rattled & fall apart & guys hustle every play. It’s just a fun game to watch.

I didn’t watch much MLB last year at all. Between work, managing a summer team, & I stepped away from coaching a travel team (due to injury) I just didn’t have time to watch a lot of ball games.

The NY Mets moved there AAA team 50 minutes away from me. Cant wait to see alot of games this year.
And for only $11, the view definitely dosen"t suck!
baseball18.jpg

My son has high school opener tomorrow! Watched bama play last week. Can’t wait to get in full swing!

Very excited...my son got me interested in it. He plays varsity baseball and I like going to games with him.

I’ve been a Horns fan since I was a kid. In Michigan no less! I remember watching guys like Roger Clemens, Greg Swindell, Calvin Schiraldi & Soike Own to name a few. I was just a kid (10 yo) home sick in a school day & I found college baseball on ESPN. That was way back in the early 80s.

Edit: Spelling error.

Last edited:
I’ve been a Horns fan since I was a kid. In Michigan no less! I remember watching guys like Roger Clemens, Greg Seinfeld, Calvin Schiraldi & Soike Own to name a few. I was just a kid (10 yo) home sick in a school day & I found college baseball on ESPN. That was way back in the early 80s.

Met schiraldi at MSU when I played there. He used to come workout in the off-season with palmeiro.

Baseball all the way. Hitting a round ball with a round bat is the hardest thing to do in sports. When 70% failure is a huge success you know it's tough to do at a high level.
Absofreakinglutely. Not to mention that ball is oscillating and moving all over the place pretty dang fast. I sure hope they can speed up play my bandwidth is about 90 minutes, but I opt for CFB if there is a choice.

I like to go to MLB games and get fucking wasted and remember nothing about the game. That is the key to enjoying a baseball game.

Rockies are about to lock in Arenado for 8 more years. About time they get serious and spend some money. He's only the best 3rd baseman ever.

Yes very excited!

Who will kneel for anthem?

Will Alex Cora attend the trip to the White House to accept congratulations of the President?

Who will be the first to claim the "unfairness" of the ownership only paying multi millions for players to play the game when everyone knows they make way more fucking some Mom or Dad into paying $20 for a hot dog and coke to bring their kid to a game?

Yes, yes very excited for what American sports have become.

Only one player has kneeled, and he is no longer in professional baseball. And a hot dog and coke here are less than $10. If you don't want to pay the money, you don't have to. That's the beauty of capitalism.

Only one player has kneeled, and he is no longer in professional baseball. And a hot dog and coke here are less than $10. If you don't want to pay the money, you don't have to. That's the beauty of capitalism.

We get to at least one game a year in Fenway. The best part is dinner before the game at Island Creek Oyster Bar.

John Henry and his owning the Boston Globe has politicized the team.

Gee lets change the name of Yawkey Way because Yawkey was racist at a time when everyone and their brother was racist. Forget about the fact the guy was doing all he could for kids with cancer when there was not much money going into that cause.

John Henry is just pissed that Yawkey is still more loved than he is.

Sports in Boston is not sports unless than fans are hating their team.

You got a very good reliever by acquiring Adam Ottovino, and an awesome 2nd baseman DJ Lemahieu.
I like the moves we made this offseason. Glad we didnt get harper or machado and wished we went harder after arenado. The dude is a stud. I just worry about chapmans durability...our middle relievers may have to end up closing out a few games from time to time.

Arenado is locked in for at least 3 years. I'm glad he stayed with the Rockies, I was starting to think they were the unofficial farm team for the damn Yankees.

Well hell yeah! I know there are a lot of nay sayers out there who no longer like the game, too slow and ridiculous new rules to speed up the game, etc., but first of all baseball is a game for the very young and the olde (like me). If you want to see a great baseball game, go out to a little league park and watch the T-ballers. They are fun to watch, magnificent errors and sometimes outstanding plays when the ball lands in their mitt. They play for the love of the game! Now baseball for the olde is a cerebral game. It is a strategic game for the smart managers who can think ahead. It can also be a very suspenseful game as there is NO CLOCK! A team can be, behind by many runs and down two outs and a batter with two strikes on him and still win the game. Come from behind wins are awesome (if it is your team that wins in the end).
When I was a kid, I went to the duplicate Wrigley Field in L.A to watch the PCL Angels and I still root for the Angels, especially since Mike Trout came to Reno as a member of the Salt Lake City Bees, a farm team of the Angels. Earlier in the day, I found out that he was a hot prospect and I went to a local card shop and SURPRISE, they had his RC. I bought it and took it to the game. I wore my Angels jersey and cap, despite the fact that normally I would root for the Reno Aces. While waiting in line, I met a couple who were all decked out in Angels gear and we talked about the team and I showed them my card and how I hoped to get Mikey's autograph. They said, I probably would. After going inside, I looked around the field as the players were warming up. I saw Mikey running sprints on the first base side of the field. I went down there and the couple I met in line were down there talking to Mikey. It turned out they were his parents! His father told him to sign my card. I thanked them and in Mikey's first AB, he hit a HR! I was a happy camper.
I still root for the Angels and particularly for Mikey to do well. I hope he re-signs with the Angels and doesn't go to Philadelphia.
GO ANGELS!
I also root for the Dodgers as they are in a different league then the Angels and I get mixed emotions when they play each other.
My dream is for them to have a freeway World Series. It goes to the 7th game and X-tra innings. Thereafter may the best team win. Although I would love to see Mikey hit the Walk off HR!
GO DODGERS!

every year my brother and i go to opening day at yankee stadium
this year we are thinking of going to the games in england, yanks and redsox in june
both teams are wearing home uniforms

familys been a yankee fan since they played in the polo grounds. 1900-teens
grand father born in 1905 was a insane old school yankee fan.
he has tickets from the original opening day of the "old stadium", and he also kept his used ticket and one unused ticket to lou gehrig day (his brother didnt go)

brother grabbed that picture frame long ago

We have made the 240 mile one way trip twice and caught 4 games now watching the best team in baseball!

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_125923366_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190526_125923366_HDR.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 110
While I am rooting for the DODGERS to get back to the World Series, a little sad that "Mikey", while still getting a lot of BB's, his ave. is going down. Hopefully he will have a great second season and get close to MVP stats.
Talk already of the DODGERS having, yet another ROY candidate. Alex Verdugo.

With spring training starting soon, anyone else excited for opening day?

I'm a Rockies fan hoping they make it past the wild card game this year.

Who's your team?
Marlins. Ugh.

At least I can tune into MLB Central and get some Lauren She-hottie. Damn she seems like the funnest ever and plenty cute. Those skirts....dayum.

Mike Trout just hit two HR, one a GS and knocked in 7 ribbies, so what's not to like? ...and if anybody says, look how long it took to do that since the last exciting thing like that to happen, does not appreciate Carly Simon when she sang...ANTICIPATION...is making me wait!
Baseball is all about suspense, right up to the very last out! No clock in baseball, thank goodness!

Mike Trout just hit two HR, one a GS and knocked in 7 ribbies, so what's not to like? ...and if anybody says, look how long it took to do that since the last exciting thing like that to happen, does not appreciate Carly Simon when she sang...ANTICIPATION...is making me wait!
Baseball is all about suspense, right up to the very last out! No clock in baseball, thank goodness!
Still not better than Carlos Gonzalez or Nolan Arenado hitting a walk off grand slam to complete the cycle.

Mike Trout is a good player, but the love affair the MLB and Brian Kenny have for the guy saying he's the greatest is over rated.

Still not better than Carlos Gonzalez or Nolan Arenado hitting a walk off grand slam to complete the cycle.

Mike Trout is a good player, but the love affair the MLB and Brian Kenny have for the guy saying he's the greatest is over rated.

What you smokin' there Glasgow? Gonzalez, nor Arenado's stats don't come close for comparison to Mikey's!

Trout is the best all-around baseball player ever. He seems to come up with some spectacular catches on his own, like leaping up on top of the outfield fence and robbing players of a HR or two.
People don't go to baseball games to watch players make defensive plays, they go to watch players, hit the ball, not catch the ball. Defensive plays are just a bonus.