• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone Getting Their LMT Orders In???

I’ve purchased a lot of AR parts including LMT uppers and lowers in the last two years.
I avoid completely ‘waiting lists’ or any back order that immediately charges your credit card.
I call to verify in stock before purchasing on the internet.
Most of my stuff but not all has come off GB when the price ir right.
The LMT shown here is a Monolthic Upper with 10.5” barrel and LMT ambi lower, all purchased separately.
Two bolts and the barrel is installed.
Colt BCG because can’t find an LMT enhanced that is not an arm and a leg.
Asking 20% restocking for an item that is not in stock is robbery.
End of my rant.
BTW I have another LMT non monolithic upper with 10..5” barrel purchased off GB and an LMT lower with Crane markings Charlie put on just because.
The Crane markings will make me happy. I just purchased LMT handgurds off GB and installed on the upper. Easy peasy.
Another in my series of Mk18 Clone Pistols aka SBR’s in some worlds!

Attachments

• F60FC80F-C0AB-4073-AC62-B0DBD3956A73.jpeg
    F60FC80F-C0AB-4073-AC62-B0DBD3956A73.jpeg
    793.3 KB · Views: 56
He's free to choose a five or ten percent 'restocking fee' on items that were never in stock- the 20 percent is his choice, and IMHO ridiculous. If it's true that LMT gives him no ETA and yet he offers customers an opinion on when he thinks LMT special orders will arrive- he should cease that immediately.

What LMT does is a separate convo.

I don’t disagree.

Update from the OP:

After a year and two month wait and several discussions with the owner of V1 Tactical, I canceled my order for the LMT. That was 14 months that the dealer had my money (maybe yours too).

I would call about every month or two to check on my order and, check to see if he was getting any backordered LMT rifles in. The answer was always a cryptic NO.

Three calls ago, I was number 13 on the list. Last call, I had somehow slipped to 15. The factory has not delivered any rifles to this dealer in a long long time. And, there is no update on when they will.

After a good long discussion, in which I alerted the owner to this thread, he agreed to refund my money except 10%. I was also offered full store credit. He pushed that option pretty hard. I had heard that he was doing this so, I had already looked over his inventory. He did not have $2700.00 worth of merchandise in stock that I was interested in. So he reluctantly agreed to the refund. I received a check in the mail about 4 days later.

The owner told me that LMT was raising the prices since he placed his orders so, he was actually losing money on these particular sales from LMT. I guess that means he never really and a contract with LMT for these rifles that he had sold. Otherwise, LMT would not be able to raise the prices over time on the orders.

Buyer beware. Never again.

Wooly

Update from the OP:

After a year and two month wait and several discussions with the owner of V1 Tactical, I canceled my order for the LMT. That was 14 months that the dealer had my money (maybe yours too).

I would call about every month or two to check on my order and, check to see if he was getting any backordered LMT rifles in. The answer was always a cryptic NO.

Three calls ago, I was number 13 on the list. Last call, I had somehow slipped to 15. The factory has not delivered any rifles to this dealer in a long long time. And, there is no update on when they will.

After a good long discussion, in which I alerted the owner to this thread, he agreed to refund my money except 10%. I was also offered full store credit. He pushed that option pretty hard. I had heard that he was doing this so, I had already looked over his inventory. He did not have $2700.00 worth of merchandise in stock that I was interested in. So he reluctantly agreed to the refund. I received a check in the mail about 4 days later.

The owner told me that LMT was raising the prices since he placed his orders so, he was actually losing money on these particular sales from LMT. I guess that means he never really and a contract with LMT for these rifles that he had sold. Otherwise, LMT would not be able to raise the prices over time on the orders.

Wooly

That sucks. I did $7k in orders with them 13 months ago and I’ve received 70 percent of what I’ve ordered since (received a New Zealand rifle, bcgs,etc)
The owner John has always been polite, and I even had a good phone conversation with him.

However he overpromised and undelivered. Also, my order included non Lmt stuff like black hills Ammo, so he can’t blame lmt only. Also, him taking 100percent cash upfront was a big annoyance. However, at the time he had the best prices around, so I ordered.

Interesting on him saying he would be losing money on old orders. Seems like he might have slipped up saying that.

Last edited:
I bought a complete rifle and BCG from v1tactical a week ago. UPS tracking shows both items enroute (the complete rifle to my FFL and BCG to me). This is LMT stuff 556 16" MARS-L MCP and FA BCG. UPS tracking shows delivery today. I hope UPS tracking is correct !
I did not consider ordering "not-in-stock" items. I was un-aware of this thread until this morning.

I also talked to owner on phone - regarding expected lead times for out of stock (LMT) items and was told "no idea".

Update from the OP:

Wooly
Because of what you experienced, I'll never do biz with them. Thank you for posting your scenario so we could learn from it. In general it seems an email trail would be preferable to voice calls, in case one has to litigate. He used your money interest free for 14 months for something he never had to inventory- the least he could do is refund 100 percent of it.

I’m at 20 months on a order….. still……. waiting….. I’ve ordered a lot of stuff through them before with no issues… but 20 months for a complete LMT MARS-L is crazy, I realize it’s not his fault most likely and more on LMT’s but ufffff

Last edited:
Because of what you experienced, I'll never do biz with them. Thank you for posting your scenario so we could learn from it. In general it seems an email trail would be preferable to voice calls, in case one has to litigate. He used your money interest free for 14 months for something he never had to inventory- the least he could do is refund 100 percent of it.

Same sentiment as you.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I’m not sure who to believe. John said when he orders from Lmt they give him an estimate but it’s not a hard date then Lmt said they give no etas on any orders when they’re placed. To me it seems ridiculous that anyone would even place an order with a manufacturer that gives zero info on lead time if it’s not in stock.

I’ve bought quite a bit from v1 and never had any issues. I was waiting on a 18” SS barrel that missed the allocation date by a few months and just swapped for a 20” when he got some of those in. I didn’t mind his pay and wait model before when he had without question the best prices around but he doesn’t seem to anymore and I doubt I’ll place anymore ordered with him unless he comes back down. There was just a drop of mlr uppers that he listed at $890-900 iirc and I was able to pick one up for sub $800 from another vendor yesterday.

Reactions: Maxwell
Having a business require 100% payment up front, especially for a product with a very "soft" and extended timeline, is a shady business practice at best. That should be a huge red flag on its own.

Not refunding 100% of that money makes it even shadier.

I've never dealt with V1, and I'm sure the owner is a nice guy. But those business practices would have me running away from that business.

Hopefully you guys get your LMT's.

Having a business require 100% payment up front, especially for a product with a very "soft" and extended timeline, is a shady business practice at best. That should be a huge red flag on its own.

Not refunding 100% of that money makes it even shadier.

I've never dealt with V1, and I'm sure the owner is a nice guy. But those business practices would have me running away from that business.

Hopefully you guys get your LMT's.

If it were a standard industry practice I could understand but you have other vendors such as Kelly's Enterprise that doesn't charge until it ships or at least until Chuck has it in hand.

Titan does the same. Not sure on a cancellation front but you pay for what you want up front and then wait. V1 asking for a 10% "restocking" is a joke. What are they restocking? Also getting bumped from 13 to 15? What is up with that?

LMT knows they are slow to the commercial market and doesn't seem concerned with it.

I feel like i should speak to my experience with V1 Tactical as an alternate point of view to your frustrations.

I started "buying" their allotments about two or three years ago after not being able to get my hands on a SIG MCX from my lgs after a year. I shifted the money i had set aside for that into LMT products and V1 tactical had some of the parts i needed in stock to start piecing a rifle together. So i started using them and eventually just ordered everything i needed from them. They weren't in stock anywhere else either, so i figured i may as well get on the list. When I started buying these parts it was made pretty clear that LMT products have been delayed and that they really didn't know when they would be in. But they would send them as they came in and John did just that.

I guess what I'm getting at is whether you are buying "allotments" or paying for a "pre-order" (like the LMT enhanced BCG right now at titan defense), that's just semantics. If you don't like having your money tied up for over a year in parts you aren't seeing, I get it. But at the end of the day i have two complete LMT Ar-15's, an 11.5" and a 20". And i also have two complete large frame LMT's. A 13.5" 308 and a 20" Creedmoor. The only part that isn't an LMT in any of those is one of the BCG's for the 13.5" 308. I have been waiting on the full auto LMT bcg for it for over 14 months. But i know just like every other part, he'll send it when it comes in. Where else are you going to get it if you don't get "on the list?" You'll have to get lucky.

You want an LMT rifle but can't find it in stock anywhere? Go grab a Mars-H complete lower right now at V1. They have the DMR version and the regular version in stock. Then go grab a MRP-H LMR upper that they are closing out on the LMT website. I think I waited a month for my 13.5" barrel to come in stock. You can periodically find charging handles in stock from LMT. Go buy a Radian. Whatever. The hard part to find is the BCG. But there's your rifle..... All LMT, just took some patience for parts.

It's kind of like when we all bought our first suppressor. You put it off and one day realize that if you would have just put in the paperwork you'd have the thing by now. I didn't comment on this post for a long time because I didn't want you guys going and buying up my parts :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
I see a wall of text without paragraph breaks- I figure the OP doesn't want it to be read, so I don't.

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
I bought a complete rifle and BCG from v1tactical a week ago. UPS tracking shows both items enroute (the complete rifle to my FFL and BCG to me). This is LMT stuff 556 16" MARS-L MCP and FA BCG. UPS tracking shows delivery today. I hope UPS tracking is correct !
I did not consider ordering "not-in-stock" items. I was un-aware of this thread until this morning.

I also talked to owner on phone - regarding expected lead times for out of stock (LMT) items and was told "no idea".
It is the 7.62 items that are a problem.

I see a wall of text without paragraph breaks- I figure the OP doesn't want it to be read, so I don't.
What the hell are you talking about??? I wrote 5 paragraphs with proper punctuation. Must be your crap on your end.

I ordered LMT 556 16" piston rifle (shown in stock) and extra BCG for same, from V1tactical last Friday and I received both today (Thursday) so 4 business days later. On Friday when I bought, I called to verify in stock status and was told they were in stock. I received the tracking numbers before end of Friday.
I am not recommending v1tactical or characterizing them in any other way. Just providing data on shipments/business practice experience.

I ordered LMT 556 16" piston rifle (shown in stock) and extra BCG for same, from V1tactical last Friday and I received both today (Thursday) so 4 business days later. On Friday when I bought, I called to verify in stock status and was told they were in stock. I received the tracking numbers before end of Friday.
I am not recommending v1tactical or characterizing them in any other way. Just providing data on shipments/business practice experience.
Cool. I don't think anyone is saying V1 Tactical won't ship what's in stock/is received, so I'm not sure your example addresses the "full cash up front and 20 percent 're-stocking fee' for an item that was never in stock". The owner could simply change his business policy and put it in print. Better for us to just not deal with guys who choose those business practices of months to years long interest free loans with a vig charged to us.

The thing that NO ONE has yet to explain is how the OP was bumped from 13th to 15th on the waiting list.

you all are certified nuts to pay full price then wait a year then when you cancel, lost 10% restocking on something they didn't have in stock. certified! why do business with a place like that???

you all are certified nuts to pay full price then wait a year then when you cancel, lost 10% restocking on something they didn't have in stock. certified! why do business with a place like that???

In Hindsight. It’s been a learning process. Once again they had the best price in town with an ok promised allocation date of March instead my rifle came in November. At the time there was nowhere else to even order those items as a back order

While I understand the sentiment, but at the end of the day, despite certain business practices, both titan and v1 have proven to be solid dealers, that IMO have been a positive for the community. I think it really comes down what one wants to deal with when tracking down out of stock items.

One can skip the line entirely, and pay a premium on gun broker to get that item this week.
One can, spend a bunch of time monitoring a bunch of websites waiting for an item to pop up. No money is tied up, but ones time is.
One can put in an order, and when it shows up it shows up. Depending on the vendor used, this may require a deposit, and may come with a cancellation fee.

one can make a valid argument that any of these three options are retarded.

For some stuff Brownells allows one to place a backorder without being charged until shipment with no risk to cancel, but even doing so, Brownells is pretty much universally shit on.

At the end of the day, if there is an item one wants, they should really not wait until everybody is in full blown panic mode over a pandemic/riots/violent crime increasing, democrats holding office, or a global supply chain crisis or what ever is the crisis of the day.

The best option would be to have just bought your gear in 2018, the second best option is to not be poor, any option after that is going to be come with its pros and cons.

I work overseas so long lead times really don't bother me, Ive ordered from both V1 and Titan and have no complaints, I think they give their customers good deals. Even if I had to cancel an order on say a barrel, what are we talking about 50, or 60 bucks, Ive saved more than that when i ordered my 12 inch piston kit over a couple other vendors.

In Hindsight. It’s been a learning process. Once again they had the best price in town with an ok promised allocation date of March instead my rifle came in November. At the time there was nowhere else to even order those items as a back order

Their is some conflicting info on their allocation dates, V1 says they are good, LMT say they dont operate that way. Even taking V1 at their world, one has to assume that considering the complete and utter shit show, the last 24 months have been, one should assume there will be delays, It doesn't matter if its PS5's, trucks, or gun parts, everything has been fucked up because of the simpletons running not only the US but the world economy. these are the same goofs that somehow managed to create a toilet paper crisis.

Plan accordingly,

While I understand the sentiment, but at the end of the day, despite certain business practices, both titan and v1 have proven to be solid dealers, that IMO have been a positive for the community. I think it really comes down what one wants to deal with when tracking down out of stock items.

One can skip the line entirely, and pay a premium on gun broker to get that item this week.
One can, spend a bunch of time monitoring a bunch of websites waiting for an item to pop up. No money is tied up, but ones time is.
One can put in an order, and when it shows up it shows up. Depending on the vendor used, this may require a deposit, and may come with a cancellation fee.

one can make a valid argument that any of these three options are retarded.

For some stuff Brownells allows one to place a backorder without being charged until shipment with no risk to cancel, but even doing so, Brownells is pretty much universally shit on.

At the end of the day, if there is an item one wants, they should really not wait until everybody is in full blown panic mode over a pandemic/riots/violent crime increasing, democrats holding office, or a global supply chain crisis or what ever is the crisis of the day.

The best option would be to have just bought your gear in 2018, the second best option is to not be poor, any option after that is going to be come with its pros and cons.

I work overseas so long lead times really don't bother me, Ive ordered from both V1 and Titan and have no complaints, I think they give their customers good deals. Even if I had to cancel an order on say a barrel, what are we talking about 50, or 60 bucks, Ive saved more than that when i ordered my 12 inch piston kit over a couple other vendors.
not sure how you can say 'solid vendors' with that business practice. Stupified by that view to be honest

not sure how you can say 'solid vendors' with that business practice. Stupified by that view to be honest

They sell stuff under retail, ship fast, are receptive to email inquiries and will order me pretty much anything that I am looking for. Only drawback is an odd caclation policy. If there is another vendor that offers similar service without the cancelation policy please let us know so that the community can support them.

Reactions: Bakwa
They sell stuff under retail, ship fast, are receptive to email inquiries and will order me pretty much anything that I am looking for. Only drawback is an odd caclation policy. If there is another vendor that offers similar service without the cancelation policy please let us know so that the community can support them.

Requiring 100% of funds before having an item in stock is a very odd business practice, especially for an item that has a very undetermined timeline.

So its more then just a bad cancellation policy.

Requiring 100% of funds before having an item in stock is a very odd business practice, especially for an item that has a very undetermined timeline.

So its more then just a bad cancellation policy.
I don't disagree, what are some better options?

you all are certified nuts to pay full price then wait a year then when you cancel, lost 10% restocking on something they didn't have in stock. certified! why do business Don't buy and wait besides, prices have certainly leveled off a bit. Even here, a barely used mws sold for 2600 a few weeks ago which is below the de
of course different times today, but you can’t predict the future, and when things are not available or completely overpriced you’re more willing to plop full money down for a sought after product, esp when the price is decent.

Overall I am not completely disappointed with v1, but I am starting to question what John told me, which was he prebought all his lmt stuff, which was one of the reasons he charged full price upfront. If he’s lying than he is being a scumbag and prefer to do my business elsewhere.

of course different times today, but you can’t predict the future, and when things are not available or completely overpriced you’re more willing to plop full money down for a sought after product, esp when the price is decent.

Overall I am not completely disappointed with v1, but I am starting to question what John told me, which was he prebought all his lmt stuff, which was one of the reasons he charged full price upfront. If he’s lying than he is being a scumbag and prefer to do my business elsewhere.
respectfully, that's a load of hores$hit. Many of us said sit a yr or so and don't panic. People that make bad business decisions deserve what they get, less 20% apparently lol you get my point.

at the height of the destruction of Rome, burning of Washington, Europe in ww2, Saigon, Iraq, etc etc, it's going to get better.

respectfully, that's a load of hores$hit. Many of us said sit a yr or so and don't panic. People that make bad business decisions deserve what they get, less 20% apparently lol you get my point.

at the height of the destruction of Rome, burning of Washington, Europe in ww2, Saigon, Iraq, etc etc, it's going to get better.
Well the reality is that we are here one year later, I got my Lmt New Zealand nib for $2300 and still today you’ll be hard pressed to find one for $2300.
So do I regret that decision, absolutely not.

Well the reality is that we are here one year later, I got my Lmt New Zealand nib for $2300 and still today you’ll be hard pressed to find one for $2300.
So do I regret that decision, absolutely not.
no sir nor would I but the basis of the discussion still holds true.

nice purchase, one of my favorites.

Reactions: Tonsofguns
Those married to one brand will always get hosed. Realize that you have options. LMT isn’t the only game in town. Further realize that this is a desire, not a need. If you NEED a rifle, there are a bevy of available AR rifles available, right now. All of the parts necessary to build one are available, right now.

This thread is- literally- the equivalent of a woman who won’t leave her drunk and abusive boy friend, while complaining that there just aren’t any good guys out there.

Paying in full, up front, for out of stock items is for suckers. Pre-orders are for suckers. Restocking fees are for suckers. So long as you continue to accept it, vendors will take advantage of you.

I don't disagree, what are some better options?
Some companies (not just gun dealers) will take your credit card info at time of order. You are not charged until the item is shipped and there is no cancelation fee when when the item is 9 months late.

Others will charge a deposit that is refundable if they can't deliver the goods in a timely fashion.

I can go on.....

Those married to one brand will always get hosed. Realize that you have options. LMT isn’t the only game in town. Further realize that this is a desire, not a need. If you NEED a rifle, there are a bevy of available AR rifles available, right now. All of the parts necessary to build one are available, right now.

This thread is- literally- the equivalent of a woman who won’t leave her drunk and abusive boy friend, while complaining that there just aren’t any good guys out there.

Paying in full, up front, for out of stock items is for suckers. Pre-orders are for suckers. Restocking fees are for suckers. So long as you continue to accept it, vendors will take advantage of you.
Brilliant. I just divorced LMT and V1 Tactical.

Some companies (not just gun dealers) will take your credit card info at time of order. You are not charged until the item is shipped and there is no cancelation fee when when the item is 9 months late.

Others will charge a deposit that is refundable if they can't deliver the goods in a timely fashion.

I can go on.....
LoL...

I understand that, but what I am trying to get is for people to offer suggestions on vendors who may be worth supporting. I am glad that a company like best buy will take refundable deposits on xbox games, that doesn't help the community here. If such a vendor exist for interesting stuff from say Kac or LMT I would definitely though them some business

LoL...

I understand that, but what I am trying to get is for people to offer suggestions on vendors who may be worth supporting. I am glad that a company like best buy will take refundable deposits on xbox games, that doesn't help the community here. If such a vendor exist for interesting stuff from say Kac or LMT I would definitely though them some business
Barstow and Larue are two that I have had good experiences with. I have ordered barrels/rifles (and currently have items on backorder) with these two companies. Nothing charged upfront. You are charged when the item ships.

Staccato (formerly STI) is another that I have personal experiences with. You just go to your googler search and then check with the manufacturer and or dealer.

As far as KAC or LMT, I could not tell you.

I have mixed feelings about Larue. There is hardly anything on their rifles that is mil spec, i.e. if a part goes down, it will have to be replaced by a Larue part which, is usually out of stock. Their customer service sucks. They have one guy (Brad) to handle all orders and CS stuff. I have been one hold with Larue for over an hour before.

Last edited:
LoL...

This ^^

For all of those complaining, are you recommending that people just not buy a LMT or KAC? Or are there actually other vendors we can place orders with that won't hose us on pricing and do better with a lesser/refundable deposit?
I think many of us genuinely want to know.

Barstow and Larue are two that I have had good experiences with. I have ordered barrels/rifles (and currently have items on backorder) with these two companies. Nothing charged upfront. You are charged when the item ships.

Staccato (formerly STI) is another that I have personal experiences with. You just go to your googler search and then check with the manufacturer and or dealer.

As far as KAC or LMT, I could not tell you.

I have mixed feelings about Larue. There is hardly anything on their rifles that is mil spec, i.e. if a part goes down, it will have to be replaced by a Larue part which, is usually out of stock. Their customer service sucks. They have one guy (Brad) to handle all orders and CS stuff. I have been one hold with Larue for over an hour.
agree, LaRue definitely is ok here

This ^^

For all of those complaining, are you recommending that people just not buy a LMT or KAC? Or are there actually other vendors we can place orders with that won't hose us on pricing and do better with a lesser/refundable deposit?
I think many of us genuinely want to know.
Not available anywhere as far as I know. I have a complete LMT MARS-H lower and 3 barrels. Can't find an upper and BCG anywhere. If I can't find the rest of the components to complete the rifle, I will put my stuff up for sale.

Reactions: gimpy and Bakwa
Last edited:
So tried to contact v1 about my Lmt stuff ordered in November 2021 and my black hills Ammo ordered in January 2021 and now no replies for two weeks.

My patience is wearing thinner. It’s one thing that the Lmt products are over a year late but another than it’s both my black hills Ammo and Lmt gear. Only one thing in common in that equation.

Last edited:
So tried to contact v1 about my Lmt stuff ordered in November 2021 and my black hills Ammo ordered in January 2021 and now no replies for two weeks.

My patience is wearing thinner. It’s one thing that the Lmt products are like a year late but another than it’s both my black hills Ammo and Lmt gear. Only one thing in common in that equation.
Black Hills didn’t run any OTM in 2021 and partially filled orders on TMK towards the end of last year. That’s a supplier problem, but he shouldn’t have taken people’s money a year ago…biz model sucks.