• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone going to Sturgis?

I'm not going to try and calculate how many square miles 250k people 6 feet apart covers.

Shouldnt be too difficult given even spacing (6 squared) 6x6x250,000 = 9,000,000. Divide that by 44,000 (sq ft in an acre) = 204 acres or roughly 1/3 square mile. One square mile = 640 acres.

Reactions: diverdon
The party is starting to grow day by day and seems to be almost like years of old, relaxed, pleasant, friendly and not many masks so come if you dare but have fun

Reactions: Lucky1 and 4X4Dad
Only been able to go once with work. Great trip, I would go this year if I could.

What all do they do at sturgis? Bars, drinking etc?

Release new models, demos, food, drink, concerts, bike shows/comps, and tons of great riding.

Reactions: Snipe260
What all do they do at sturgis? Bars, drinking etc?
52ED8CCC-18DD-4755-A06B-FCAD2BCA3DFE.gif

Not this year. My idea of a good time is a half dozen guys riding, not 1/4 million.

I wouldn't mind checking it out a few weeks before or after though. It'd be a lot easier on my wallet.

So I generally hate crowds, well, people mostly, but Sturgis is just different and hard to explain. Maybe it's because most people there seem to be very like-minded, maybe because the riding is so awesome in the true sense of the word. Middle of the week, the riding gets better. I think people are spending time partying at night and sleeping it off the next day. The concerts are generally pretty good too, although many of the bigger names cancelled for this year. The venues seem to have done a good job finding replacements though

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
You lucky F's! Wish I was there with you all. Used to stay at the Mountain Grand in Deadwood. Those were the days! Keep the rubber side down all of you on two wheels and have a Double Jack for me! Mac(y)(y)

I mostly jest, but remember, I live in the Black Hills. This time of year, all I want is my quiet fishing holes back. We're nice and run suppressors, why can't they run a fucking muffler too?
What kind of fish? Bass?

can I ride my yamaha 250? I want to see some titties.;)
idahoorion

There used to be a lot of racing, 1/2 mile, short track etc. Now there is a TT at Sturgis and most other events are at Rapid City.
When I was racing it was an annual highlight of the year for us. I wouldn't be caught dead there now.

Reactions: Bender
Shouldnt be too difficult given even spacing (6 squared) 6x6x250,000 = 9,000,000. Divide that by 44,000 (sq ft in an acre) = 204 acres or roughly 1/3 square mile. One square mile = 640 acres.

Thats only 259.10 hectare

Reactions: Maggot
Sturgis Rally?

you mean the “biker” LARP fest? What a bunch of mouthbreathers who have an affinity for ugly women and cheap alcohol.

pass.
Guess you've never been and really don't know sh** about this rally, sure there's some uglys here but then again some YOU couldn't get near LOL Party on Guys it's another great PARTY The Chip, FT and Glencoe have some great bands coming again

i rode for years. started in the 90s. it was good times for a while. but that’s back when there was a waiting list to buy a harley.
at some point, the folks are harley decided to produce as many bikes as they could sell....hell, more even. they flooded the market. used prices tanked. <——not necessarily a bad thing. but what i DID notice..was a change in people. you suddenly had a very different type of people.

this was best illustrated to me on a hot summer day just south of hayward, wi, on hwy 27. i was riding my 65 panhead home, and she sputtered and died. long story short- i made a phone call, and was waiting for my buddy to show up with the trailer. it was 101 degrees that day, and hotter than hell. i had more than 100 bikes pass me as i sat there on the side of the road, and NOT 1 motherfucker stopped to check on a brother. not one. add in getting run off the road twice; once by a dumb kid passing a car on a blind hill, and once by some fuckwit that took exception to the fact that i was passing him and he thought i was driving too fast while doing it.

it’s a different class of people, and unless you have your own group of like minded folks, it’s really gotten to be quite stupid. these fuckwits pay top buck to “customize” their bikes (there is no custom to it....it’s all just aftermarket trinkets that bolt on an cover up the other stuff). they buy the same clothes, they dress all alike, they put the same cheap ass made-in-china trinkets on their bikes and then jump on them and head to some place or another and pay outragous prices for a shitty hot dog and warm beer. and what’s funny, is they think they are rebels. they think they are unique. it’s fucking hilarious.

my last bike was a buell lightning. i ran into a local group on top of a hill 2 minutes from my house. they had a bike on the side of the road that quit on someone. i had the full face on, and none of them recognized me. i stopped to offer to help them, and they were almost pissing themselves trying to get me the fuck out of there because they didnt want anyone riding a jap bike around. hilarious. these are the same group of asssholes that would almost suck my cock when i walked into the bar/water hole after coming back from various rides i’d take when i had my truely myronized fatboy. typical fucking fuckwits.

i hope there are still folks out there that are real bikers; but i havent seen or met one in far too long.

Mine's not ugly but there are some that come here "you wish would've found something to hid what they're showing.
All I'm saying is it takes a lot to make this place what it is and they all enjoy the riding, drinking and whatever they want to do while here

i rode for years. started in the 90s. it was good times for a while. but that’s back when there was a waiting list to buy a harley.
at some point, the folks are harley decided to produce as many bikes as they could sell....hell, more even. they flooded the market. used prices tanked. <——not necessarily a bad thing. but what i DID notice..was a change in people. you suddenly had a very different type of people.

this was best illustrated to me on a hot summer day just south of hayward, wi, on hwy 27. i was riding my 65 panhead home, and she sputtered and died. long story short- i made a phone call, and was waiting for my buddy to show up with the trailer. it was 101 degrees that day, and hotter than hell. i had more than 100 bikes pass me as i sat there on the side of the road, and NOT 1 motherfucker stopped to check on a brother. not one. add in getting run off the road twice; once by a dumb kid passing a car on a blind hill, and once by some fuckwit that took exception to the fact that i was passing him and he thought i was driving too fast while doing it.

it’s a different class of people, and unless you have your own group of like minded folks, it’s really gotten to be quite stupid. these fuckwits pay top buck to “customize” their bikes (there is no custom to it....it’s all just aftermarket trinkets that bolt on an cover up the other stuff). they buy the same clothes, they dress all alike, they put the same cheap ass made-in-china trinkets on their bikes and then jump on them and head to some place or another and pay outragous prices for a shitty hot dog and warm beer. and what’s funny, is they think they are rebels. they think they are unique. it’s fucking hilarious.

my last bike was a buell lightning. i ran into a local group on top of a hill 2 minutes from my house. they had a bike on the side of the road that quit on someone. i had the full face on, and none of them recognized me. i stopped to offer to help them, and they were almost pissing themselves trying to get me the fuck out of there because they didnt want anyone riding a jap bike around. hilarious. these are the same group of asssholes that would almost suck my cock when i walked into the bar/water hole after coming back from various rides i’d take when i had my truely myronized fatboy. typical fucking fuckwits.

i hope there are still folks out there that are real bikers; but i havent seen or met one in far too long.

Tell us how you really feel, LOL

I mostly jest, but remember, I live in the Black Hills. This time of year, all I want is my quiet fishing holes back. We're nice and run suppressors, why can't they run a fucking muffler too?
I hear what you're saying, but will add that I either ran 'straight pipes' or ThunderHeader's because of the idiot factor. That being, there are WAY TOO MANY idiots on the road, in cagers, that don't look, don't pay attention to what's going on around them, and don't care.

They change lanes 'willy-nilly' and it seems that they drive their cars/trucks with their eyes closed. Far too many times, I've grabbed the clutch and rev'ed the engine only to see some idiot behind a wheel 'all-the-sudden-jump/startle-and THEN LOOK' to realize that there is a bike beside them (as they were changing lanes) or even a GROUP of bikes. Yes,,, more-than-one and they STILL didn't 'know' we were there.

I won't deny that it can get loud. But for true riders, that is the point. Far too often they've got the music turned up, (headphones on even) and their soundproof vehicle with no awareness OR consideration..... the deep bass of my engine will wake you up. Stop sleeping at your wheel.

No Red, I'm not saying 'YOU' are sleeping at the wheel. What I am saying is that 'far too many people do....'

Sturgis is an experience, and I won't deny that. But there are definitely 'better times' out there if you know where to look. And I've rode all over Western Canada on my bike. Rain or shine, cloudy or sunny, from taking the plates off my cager once the snow melted, all through the months until I had to put the plates back on because the snow came back. THAT is a real rider. Not no 'fairweather' rider or 'trailer-dragger'. I never could understand those who trailered their bikes. It's the journey, not the arrival.

Great place for like minded folks. I've gotten sick of long distance travel & big crowds, but went 4 different years over 20 years ago. One hell of a great time. Thinking the last time there the crowd was estimated @ 600, 000 & I threw in the towel.
But I wouldn't change the experience.

To those that go, have fun, be safe!

Last edited:
Been there twice, once for bike week, once Just on a vacation ride. It’s a different place during non-bike week. Most of storefronts are vacant as they are leased for the year just for bikeweek.

They don’t go to the Larp/ugly woman fest with over priced warm beer and bad music. Lol

All I know is Bone Thugs N Harmony are playing at Sturgis this year. Just doesn't seem like the type of artist I picture there lol https://ihsturgis.com/pages/bone-thugs-n-harmony

lotta black Harley riders...

LOTS...

I see a lot more black riders day in and day out than white.

I would bet there are always bands that cater to the black audience at Sturgis. Guessing there are also Mexican bands to cater to all the Mexicans... Just not as main stream and probably not playing at the Buffalo Chip.

I'm seeing a lot of 'low rider' style Harley's around here. The ones with the huge front tire and looooong saddle bags. Not for me.

2005-harley-davidson-fat-boy-side-view-001-1.jpeg

main-qimg-d12c6fd3ffe4d4da5632030635ac5759.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpeg

Reactions: Unknown
Lets see look at titties, drink beer-whiskey, epic fights, long rides and great scenery. Damn sounds like effing American Liberty to me.

@Bender I'll bet if you tell one of those fuglies they are fugly, you will get an epic ass whoopin. :)

Also those fuglies likely can suck a dick so well you would start to have profound revelations and think they are epic beauties. :)

Never been there but it sounds like fun to me. :)

Lets see look at titties, drink beer-whiskey, epic fights, long rides and great scenery. Damn sounds like effing American Liberty to me.

@Bender I'll bet if you tell one of those fuglies they are fugly, you will get an epic ass whoopin. :)

Also those fuglies likely can suck a dick so well you would start to have profound revelations and think they are epic beauties. :)

Never been there but it sounds like fun to me. :)
I ride too. No need for fuglies when I gots me a trophy wife that makes more money than me. I quit drinking 20+ years ago, hate big crowds, hate crappy music, and hate big crowds. Did I mention I hate crowds? I want to ride with 2-4 tops and pick a general direction when I ride. Canyons of norther Colorado are some of the best rides on earth. I go on a Tuesday morning at 6 or 7 just to own the curves and drag pegs. I have zero interest in a handie from a meth head that looks 20 years older than she really is. Lmao.

I ride too. No need for fuglies when I gots me a trophy wife that makes more money than me. I quit drinking 20+ years ago, hate big crowds, hate crappy music, and hate big crowds. Did I mention I hate crowds? I want to ride with 2-4 tops and pick a general direction when I ride. Canyons of norther Colorado are some of the best rides on earth. I go on a Tuesday morning at 6 or 7 just to own the curves and drag pegs. I have zero interest in a handie from a meth head that looks 20 years older than she really is. Lmao.

Photo or it aint so.

• Haha
Rapid Creek. Spearfish Creek. I have a few I hit every time I am out there.
I am a big fan of the run right in front of the clubhouse.