• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have experience with Winchester's #41 SRP?

jac68984

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2014
I picked up a few boxes recently and believe they are fairly new to the civilian market (I may be wrong on that). There appears to be little information about them online. My assumption is they should be interchangeable with CCI #41 and, for all intents and purposes, CCI 450s (which have a slightly modified anvil shape to the CCI #41s but seem to provide the same flame/data). But I'm wondering if anyone has done any comparisons yet or has real world experience with the Win #41s.

41's are designed for military 5.56. The cup metal is either slightly harder or is slightly thicker. My chrono testing showed near zero difference when compared to the CCI 41 and the CCI 450.

450's I get SD of 9-25, depending on powder used, Win 41's SD are 10-35.
450's ES 25-50 and Win 41's 20-65.
My results were fairly consistent with the differences according to powder used. I think, not real positive, it has more to do with how full the case is than the actual primer for reliable and consistent ignition.
Of course, with component availability the way it is, just shoot what you can get.
I was/am using a bolt action .223AI and a MagneetoSpeed for these results.

Reactions: jac68984
Thanks for the info Aftermath. I will try to remember to post my results once I get some range time. I typically get consistently better SD/ES numbers with CCI 450s/41s than 400s, which I happen to have more of at the moment. My hope is the Win. #41s offer similar lower numbers.

Thanks for the info Aftermath. I will try to remember to post my results once I get some range time. I typically get consistently better SD/ES numbers with CCI 450s/41s than 400s, which I happen to have more of at the moment. My hope is the Win. #41s offer similar lower numbers.
Yes, I swapped to the magnum primers from the 400's, mainly because I was getting some primer craters. Not bad but I was not where I wanted with fps. Swapped to the magnums and things really came together fast after that. I don't have any of either of the 41's left but I have a pile of the 450's. Gunshow tomorrow and small rifle magnums are on my very short list...but I am not going to get raped over them.

I've been using the CCI 41's for years. I've seen the new advertisements for the Winchester 41's. I would like to buy some, but I will not pay current prices . It may be a year or two before prices come down to normal and then I'll buy some.

• Haha
Reactions: Dildobaggins
I've been using the CCI 41's for years. I've seen the new advertisements for the Winchester 41's. I would like to buy some, but I will not pay current prices . It may be a year or two before prices come down to normal and then I'll buy some.
Keep on the lookout. Grafts had a bunch of 5k cases a couple days ago that were about $50 per box, which I assume will be the going price for those going forward.

Just picked up a box of Winchester 41s today at sportsman’s warehouse for 33$
Really? Was this in person? That’s awesome. I read a letter from manufactures that was listing the price increase on components. I’m not sure how they sold them for that based on what I read....

Just picked up a box of Winchester 41s today at sportsman’s warehouse for 33$
April 12 midway cci 500s vs today cci 500s 6BC2F640-04D6-4E37-993A-6C35E628A1FB.jpeg809A8ACC-FE68-4247-91FF-44C37E8CCDED.jpeg