• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone heard/competed in " Survival Trial "...?

TallShot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
Central Louisiana
Friend of mine just forwarded it to me...

Wondering if it's worth the $500 registration, plus all the expense of just getting there and back.

Supposed to be 24hrs of survival situations, from natural disaster to unrest, covering 35-40 miles on foot, with gear and shooting stages. Highly interested...

Anyone been to it, or knows about it? Would hate for it to be a waste. Love attending things like this, and also signed up for the Warrior Dash in Texas in March.

Re: Anyone heard/competed in " Survival Trial "...?

I competed in the first annual "Hurricane Kartina" survival challange on the mississippi gulf coast Auguast 2005. the first 72hrs were a real kick in the nuts , the following 4 weeks realy sucked too

It sucked ass , i dont wanna do it again

that does sound like an intresting concept though

I've been wanting to do the bug out drill for a couple years now, but it always happens during elk season.

+1 JJones75. I got my t-shirt in Waveland.

I did it last year. It is not easy. The match itself is ok. Shooting accounts for almost nothing on score. It was very unorganized though. We are not going back this year. Maybe if I lived closer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATF-Rangemaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did something similar in September in Waco. Tiger Valley puts on the Bug Out Drill, but isn't nearly as long or as expensive. Even brought my 10 year old son with me; he loved doing it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQSV6zV89o</div></div>

I remember you and your boy. I applaud you. I never saw quit in your son the entire day. He kept going, if I remember right, even in the rain as well, tired but no quit. And there have been a lot a in shape adults quit!

He did all of the obstacles! Awesome Job! It made me remember doing hunting and scouting stuff with my dad as a kid.. That boy had a heck of a story to tell when he was asked what he did over the summer..

My dad always said "When you hunt with your kid, you will not have to be out hunting for them!" Looks like he has a great role model.

Airone

I saw the survival trial on the outdoor channel. It looks tough, I'll be there in sept. driving there from Texas. I'll let you know how it goes.

The Survival trial is a lot of fun. I was there for the first one. You can see it on you tube here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v8fIJqleAw

Shooting gallery didn't do the best job on narration as the story they came up with wasn't what really went down at all as far as my team goes(Sierra 3). That's show business I guess. We had no alternate strategy and shot most of our stages at night. My team mate had a blister bigger than I have ever seen that made us choose to skip a stage in order to make it to the Exfill site on time. Most other teams missed many more than we did but shooting gallery made it seam like we were the only ones. Whatever. I had some laughs watching it and it was great for Professional Marksman Inc.

I wanted to go this year but I just had a son born two weeks ago and we are settling into a new house so the May trial was out. The September slots are all full at this time so Ill be back next year.

You go into it without much information as to what you will face.
John weiler did a great job incorporating the mental challenge as well as physical. The distance traveled was much greater than the 25 miles it said to prepare for. Id bet it was much better this May without the camera flood lights behind the competitors glaring out the sights. it made the targets extremely hard to see through my aimpoint at night.

Had a nice sized brown bear run across a trail right in front of me.

Good times!!!

Im in for sept. I can throw my .02 cents worth this way if I get to go. I can't wait.

Went to Johns off the res course was alot of fun . Saw the survival trail would like to go but way too limited on time off to attend. Hats off to John though hes been getting alot of attention and free advertising . Couldnt happen to a better guy!

That looks awesome! I'm asking some co-workers if one of them wants to go to the one in Feb.