• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here work on International Dozers?

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    I have a guy down the road a ways who will give me this machine if I will pay to haul it to my place. All of the pieces seem to be here but it has sat outside for a while. It has a mostly complete doner machine that comes with it. It has a blade and bucket that aren't in the pic.

Do you think it would be worth it to mess with? It will cost about 500 to haul as the thing weighs 12000 ish. The track and undercarriage is in amazing shape.

20220411_123256.jpg

Aparrently it has a brucyrus erie bucket attachment and those hydraulic cylinders on the side of the arms are an attempt at an add on so they can be torched off.

I have a guy down the road a ways who will give me this machine if I will pay to haul it to my place. All of the pieces seem to be here but it has sat outside for a while. It has a mostly complete doner machine that comes with it. It has a blade and bucket that aren't in the pic.

Do you think it would be worth it to mess with? It will cost about 500 to haul as the thing weighs 12000 ish. The track and undercarriage is in amazing shape.
    Pads look shot. Ive seen a lot of old iron and that looks like an odd ball....for my neck of the woods anyway. If you just want to tinker then sure. If you want to really use it I'd look elsewhere. My .02

Reactions: mtrmn and diverdon
    Good point on the pads. I think I'll pass as those parts start to get expensive. I've already got a track loader so I'm good on equipment for now.

If your time has value you need a newer running machine. If you're seeking a hobby to waste countless hours on, this it the one.

Reactions: mtrmn
    If it’s being given to you, there’s roughly $1200 bucks there in short iron.

$500 to haul it “down the road a ways” seems a bit steep. That’ll easily go on a gooseneck/20k combo.

I hauled my D3 (much heavier than 12,000) home with my 1 ton. Grossed about 32,000 lbs.

Reactions: mtrmn