• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anyone make a 45acp or 9mm Rifle Bolt Action?

cpu77

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
I would like a mag fed pistol caliber bolt action rifle. Something with a 16" barrel. Does anyone make something like that? Obviously I would suppress it:)

Re: Anyone make a 45acp or 9mm Rifle Bolt Action?

I have a semi auto Kriss Super V, which hold 15 and 30 round mags of 45 cal. and a Colt AR 15 which holds 20 and 30 round mags of 9mm. Both accurate and much fun. Having Kriss SBR'd 5.5 inches with threaded barrel.

I have a Kriss Pistol as well. Its not that quiet suppressed. I want a bolt action 45acp:)

Don't know of any factory ones....but a smith could easily barrel one up for you. Mag work could be a little tricky, but not out of the realm of possibity.

I like the idea of using a 700 action. Rebarreling it seems like the easy part.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seanh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all the ones I know of are semi auto.

I'd say if you want one, buy a short action 700 and have a smith build it.

Maybe consider 357mag or 44 mag and go with this
http://www.ruger.com/products/rotaryMagazine77357/models.html

Found an Enfield...
http://www.specialinterestarms.com/index.php?page=enfield_conversions </div></div>

Rethinking this, a Savage action may be a better choice. Since it has a bolt-face that can be replaced, it seems that a custom one could be easily made for what ever cartridge you like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seanh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rethinking this, a Savage action may be a better choice. Since it has a bolt-face that can be replaced, it seems that a custom one could be easily made for what ever cartridge you like.

</div></div>

Not necessary since the .45/308 essentially share the same case head, as well as the 9mm/.223. This is why cheap bastards like me can get away with only 2 caliber conversion kits on their dillons and still load all 4 calibers..

Thanks for the clarification...thought there was enough of a difference to warrant a different breach face.

There was a thread on one of the gun boards a few years ago by a guy who built a 45ACP bolt gun with a Savage action. He described his build and it looked pretty cool.

Seeing as how rhineland has been defunct for quite a while now best bet is to be patient and search the web for one of theirs already converted. 45 is best way to go.

I have a Turkish Mauser that I cut in half, rebuilt it and turned it into a single shot 45 acp. I had to inlet a contoured stock blank to make it work. Its a neat rifle, it sports a 16" Douglas 45 cal barrel. I'm thinking about cutting it back to 10" or something like that and running a suppressor. I will try to get pictures up.

Mark

My dad has a Rhineland Arms conversion kit, it is reasonably built and didn't need a huge amount of custom work to get it rolling.

I have not seen Mark's version of it but I want to see it big time, I heard about it second hand and immediately wanted one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seeing as how rhineland has been defunct for quite a while now best bet is to be patient and search the web for one of theirs already converted. 45 is best way to go.</div></div>

Rhineland is still around, spoke to him last Q of last year...not sure about the conversion though. I was asking about a stock for my rifle....maybe the OP could call.

You can always look for a destroyer carbine, its chambered in 9mm largo very fun gun. Its a micro mauser action

Someone had one on SniperCentral a couple years back built on a R700 action. Had all the bells and whistles of a full build and was pretty accurate if I remember correctly.