• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anything better for me than a 6.5 Grendel in the AR-15 platform?

My thoughts here, I reload but don’t get into reforming brass. For the average shooter it’s a cartridge you can purchase over the counter. It also depends on your needs, paper, small game, deer bear etc.

I'm the same way... I have no need for a .243 diameter anything... I like my 1/4-bores, and that's the smallest I need for centerfire for a medium-distance cartridge.
Well…This comment aged well… 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

Honestly, after shooting it a lot, and doing development, and running ballistics with the 115 RDF load…My mind has changed. A 115gr 6mm bullet outperforms the 123gr 6.5mm bullet in the 6.5 Grendel. I really like the cartridge.

Factory ammo sucked, but I needed to shoot it for the brass, because it was impossible to find brass at the time.

IMG_8875.jpeg

IMG_7190.jpeg

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7787.jpeg

Long time Grendel dork and admin of the big Grendel group on FB, which also covers .224v and 6 arc.
It's a really great round but I recommend a rifle-length gas system and a good mag, like Amend2, or E-lander, and don't expect to fill the mag all the way up (save the 10rd Amend2 as they are single-stack staggered)

I run a 20" custom SS 5r bbl and Wilson combat rifle-length gas system, suppressed and an H3 bufer + rifle-length buffer spring, and the damned thing is amazing. I've got a video of my friend shooting it at 500 yards in rapid strings of two or three, and it's like:

'pffttscheeeewwwww... pffttscheeeewwwww............... clink clink...' on steel.
Hardly any recoil and totally addictive.

That being said, I'm looking to build a 6 max rig ASAP.
2017-05-27 14.09.09.jpg
20200715_104057.jpg20200715_104104.jpg20200715_104115.jpg

Well 6.5 is great but if you want to change and maybe easier on the bolt ( though not sure but same bolt ) the 6mm ARC just requires a barrel .