• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Applied Ballistics Mobile now available for iPhone

I am having some issues with the app.
1. Are the profiles editable? I hate to have to make a redundant profile to change MV.
2. AB shows my come up at 1000 yards with my .308 155 scenar MV of 2867 to be 6.2 mils..... I wish
3.I looked at the validation screen and it is asking me to shoot 3000+ yards!

What am I missing?

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 23
I am having some issues with the app.
1. Are the profiles editable? I hate to have to make a redundant profile to change MV.
2. AB shows my come up at 1000 yards with my .308 155 scenar MV of 2867 to be 6.2 mils..... I wish
3.I looked at the validation screen and it is asking me to shoot 3000+ yards!

What am I missing?

Swipe to the left when touching your Rifle or Ammo selection... It will give you the option of MORE or DELETE.... Tap MORE and you can select EDIT from there....

I just bought this app and I have the same problems with auto populate atmosphere. I’ve deleted the app and downloaded again but still have the same problems. Hopefully there will be a fix for this app soon.

I'm having the same problem with the auto weather data

I started in the iPhone "Settings>Privacy>Location Services-"On", scroll down to AB Mobile." Toggle to green to allow it to use the location services.
Went back to the AB Mobile APP and next to the plus sign to add the gun is another icon. Tap that one to get to the preferences.

I have everything toggled to green in the environment screen.

Definitely doesn't pick up any current weather conditions like the other applications.

iPhone 4S running the latest 7.1.2 version.

In the settings of the phone that shows diagnostics and usage data, I have a whole list of AB Mobile crashes.
Lots of computer jargon I don't know how to read.

I tried restarting the application after setting it all up, no joy.

Last edited:
I started in the iPhone "Settings>Privacy>Location Services-"On", scroll down to AB Mobile." Toggle to green to allow it to use the location services.
Went back to the AB Mobile APP and next to the plus sign to add the gun is another icon. Tap that one to get to the preferences.

I have everything toggled to green in the environment screen.

Definitely doesn't pick up any current weather conditions like the other applications.

iPhone 4S running the latest 7.1.2 version.

In the settings of the phone that shows diagnostics and usage data, I have a whole list of AB Mobile crashes.
Lots of computer jargon I don't know how to read.

I tried restarting the application after setting it all up, no joy.

I went to the privacy settings like you said and here's what I noticed. Ballistic AE , Shooter, Mildot Ballistics, compass, and map ( basically everything that actually gets a gps reading on location and weather) has AN ARROW POINTED AT IT. The AB DOES NOT HAVE the arrow. So , essentially , there's no search function AT ALL it seems for current location weather ect...

I went to the privacy settings like you said and here's what I noticed. Ballistic AE , Shooter, Mildot Ballistics, compass, and map ( basically everything that actually gets a gps reading on location and weather) has AN ARROW POINTED AT IT. The AB DOES NOT HAVE the arrow. So , essentially , there's no search function AT ALL it seems for current location weather ect...

That's an Iphone problem.
My Iphone 5 shows the arrow for AB mobile in location services. The App has to be open to see the arrow

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]That's an Iphone problem.
My Iphone 5 shows the arrow for AB mobile in location services. The App has to be open to see the arrow[/QUOTE]

I disagree, it's an app problem.

Please note attached examples.

Photo #1 is an explanation of what the arrows mean.
Photo #2 showing both Ballistics AE and AB Mobile are set up to use location services
Photo #3 shows Ballistics AE populated. Please note the "BLUE ICON" in the top right hand corner. Tap this icon to populate the weather conditions.
Photo #4 shows an arrow next to Ballistics AE, which has used the location services to populate the weather conditions.
Photo #5 shows the same window for AB Mobile, no button to push to populate information for weather

If someone can tell me how to add the pics full size, that would be great.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 27
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 19
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I'll pass this along. On my iPod, this feature works fine. Try enabling the 'save last environment' switch, at least that way it will keep the environment you entered.

In the mean time, I'd like to ask others to comment on this feature; if it works for you or not, and what device you're running.

-Bryan

Not working on iPad or iPhone 5

Just a question to be safe. Got new NF Competition. Checked click value. Distance is 38.3965m. 1moa on 100m is 2.908882cm, 30moa on 38.3965m is 33.5072663139cm.
My scope tracking test shows 33.50cm. What sight scale factor should I use in AB Mobile - 0.999783 or 1.000216?
I know it sounds like splitting the hair. But any case such NF Competition precision level is amazing :)

The atmosphere /gps is not working on my ipad or iphone 5, otherwise seems ok, but not what I was hoping for, needs tweaking

Guys,

We're working on correcting all the known bugs and will be pushing an update soon which addresses them. Below is a list of the bugs which are fixed in the update. If you're having an issue, please check and see if it's on the 'fixed' list prior to posting. If your bug isn't listed below, please let us know.

Code:
#39  G1 & G7 populating incorrectly
When entering bullets from the library, sometimes it doesn’t populate the correct drag model (G1 vs. G7).    I’m not sure how the logic works on this, but when selecting a (Litz) bullet from the library, 
it asks the user if they want the G1 or G7 BC.  I think these are all being handled correctly.  However if a user selects a non-(Litz) bullet, then it should populate the manufacturers advertised value, 
which is almost always a G1.  One instance this is being done incorrectly is the .30 caliber 175 grain Sierra MatchKing.  When the non-(Litz) bullet is selected from the library, it lists all the 
manufacturers G1 BC’s, but has the G7 drag model selected.  This is an error which leads to highly inaccurate results.

#41  Feature, Localization and implementation of comma instead of decimal options 
I also got a report from someone, presumably outside the US that says they’re phone and app are set up to work with commas instead of decimal places. When he types a comma in place of a decimal 
(such as ,308), the program should interpret that as .308, but it says 308. This will be a problem for all international and will need solved.

#42 Wind Speed - possible metric rounding issue
“For metric units only. When I type in a new wind speed on the environment screen and press done, the number shown is higher than what I entered. If I keep entering new values, the shown number 
keeps growing. ”  

#43 Add in H58 & H59 Reticle 
The Horus H58/59 reticle needs to be added to the reticle list.
These need added asap.

#44 Change text for user Operation option 
Change the word of Advance to Advanced within the user preferences for Operation Modes

#45 Click rounding - trajectory table 
In table view, when one of the columns is ‘clicks’ (this goes for HUD view as well), this should always be an integer. There’s no such thing as a fraction of a click, so it should not display 5.3 clicks, 
or even 5.0, just 5.

#46 Reticle Output - Out of Scope issue 
Also, when viewing trajectory in reticle output mode, often times (almost always) I see the text ‘out of scope’ in the middle of the reticle even though it’s showing me the full trajectory correctly. 
Please look at the conditions which cause the ‘out of scope’ text to appear and make it only appear when the solution truly is out of scope.

#49 Notes section update 
Hi Bryan
I discovered another minor problem with the iPhone version of the software.
When I add a bullet to the Ammunition List and input information into the notes section and press done it does not save that information I placed into the notes section. When I reopen the selected 
ammo for edit, The notes section is blank.
Just wanted to let you know so that the notes portion of the software can be looked at and determine why the notes are not being saved and then an update to the software can be made available.
Thanks – I’m really enjoy the app so far and it seems to be a lot better that some of the other ballistic apps that I have.

#50 Windage and Elevation display 
Most of this users feedback is being/has been addressed. Two good things he brings up are in the screenshots below. First, in the rifle profile, we're showing elevation as 0.1 MIL, 
but windage as 1/10 MIL adjustment. These should both be the same fractional display: 1/10th.

#51 Trajectory Table Update
Also, the trajectory graph is obviously wrong; see the discontinuity at 100 meters. He provides a screenshot from shooter showing how it should look.
per customer: "Strange things also happen with the trajectory, the table as well as the graph. I ran the same rifle and bullet with all other inputs identical through both AB and Shooter. Screen shots 
of the graphs included below.”

Another issue that's been addressed is the automatic atmosphere so this should work for everyone in the new build.

Thank you for helping us improve the app with your feedback. Remember that we add reticles based on user feedback, so if your reticle of choice isn't listed in the app, please email: [email protected] with your request and we'll add it to the list.

On bug reports, the more specific you are, the better we'll be able to address the issues. We don't always need a long report but the problem does need described in a way that allows us to recreate it. Comments like: "doesn't work on iPhone5" are not very helpful. The app obviously 'works' on iPhone5, although there are bugs which we're working to resolve.

Thank you and take care,
-Bryan

Thanks Bryan. How can a prospective app buyer determine if his scope is already included ?
More selfishly, Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50 in EBR 1 MRAD.

How do I add new reticules (H59)? I can't figure out the in-app shenanigans.

Feature suggestions:

How about having the reticle hold and turret values for gridded reticles in the HUD view instead of "clicks". This would give the correct hold if there was a significant difference in the scope between the turret and the reticle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have two rookie Applied Ballistics iOS questions.

1) Enable Zero Atmosphere: In the instructions it says it's not really needed if you have a 100 yard/meter zero, and that this is more important for 600 yard zero's where the bullet is subject to changes in atmospherics. Wouldn't we want to record our zero data here, so if we're shooting later at say 10,000 feet, it has our baseline zero atmospherics of say 4,000 feet? Or does it just need the station pressure or density altitude at 10,000 feet when shooting, and nothing else matters regarding sight-in temps and pressures?

2) Distance and Look Angle: I just want to verify which distance is going in here. If I am using a LRF that is giving me corrected horizontal distance, do I put the corrected horizontal distance in for distance with 0 look angle, or should I use a non corrected distance, and input the look angle and let the app give me the shoot to range? I just wanted to make sure I am inputting the correct info here. It would be easier to leave 0 look angle, and use horizontal corrected range for everything. Then if an elk wanders up the hill another 200 yards, I can just keep ranging, and change my HUD distance, and not have to go back and reset the look angle. But, if it's more accurate to have the app calculate for me, I'll go that route. (I'm guessing it's not a big difference until ELR).

Thanks,

Hunt_406

I have two rookie Applied Ballistics iOS questions.

1) Enable Zero Atmosphere: In the instructions it says it's not really needed if you have a 100 yard/meter zero, and that this is more important for 600 yard zero's where the bullet is subject to changes in atmospherics. Wouldn't we want to record our zero data here, so if we're shooting later at say 10,000 feet, it has our baseline zero atmospherics of say 4,000 feet? Or does it just need the station pressure or density altitude at 10,000 feet when shooting, and nothing else matters regarding sight-in temps and pressures?

2) Distance and Look Angle: I just want to verify which distance is going in here. If I am using a LRF that is giving me corrected horizontal distance, do I put the corrected horizontal distance in for distance with 0 look angle, or should I use a non corrected distance, and input the look angle and let the app give me the shoot to range? I just wanted to make sure I am inputting the correct info here. It would be easier to leave 0 look angle, and use horizontal corrected range for everything. Then if an elk wanders up the hill another 200 yards, I can just keep ranging, and change my HUD distance, and not have to go back and reset the look angle. But, if it's more accurate to have the app calculate for me, I'll go that route. (I'm guessing it's not a big difference until ELR).

Thanks,

Hunt_406

1) With a 100 meter/yard zero range, atmospherics are negligible. If you zero your rifle at 0 DA and then shoot at 10,000 DA, you'll basically see no difference in your drop data at distance. If you zero farther out, all bets are off though.

2) It's best and more accurate to use the actual range to target and then the inclination angle. The AB Solver uses changes in air destiny as a function of the altitude. Therefore, in order to get the highest accuracy, you want to use the real range to target and enter in how many degrees up or down it is to the target.

Been following and learning from the Q&A here but I'm not quite sure I have the answer to an identical problem I have seen described above.
Have rifle and ammo setup and learned the slightly less than intuitive tricks to editing and moving around.
1) Read a comment above about 175 SMK curves being hosed. True? If so when will it be fixed? It could explain #2.
2) entered actual POI settings under Ballistic Calibration. Confident in the actual drop data I am entering though a bit amazed by the recommended distances asked for (especially Range2 - 1679 yards? Really? )
The problem is when I enter the observed drops the program doesn't keep those drops.
Did I miss something or is #1 the root of my problem?

Ok. Took out the 200 and 550 yards actuals from the BC table and entered only my 1025 drop, hit run again and left it for about 30 seconds and it kept the 1025 drop data this time.
Problem now is none of the shorter distance drops come close to my actual observed #'s. Maybe this is where the bullet ballistics problem from #1 in my post above becomes applicable.
I hope so - that would make sense.

Guys,

We're working on correcting all the known bugs and will be pushing an update soon which addresses them. Below is a list of the bugs which are fixed in the update. If you're having an issue, please check and see if it's on the 'fixed' list prior to posting. If your bug isn't listed below, please let us know.

Code:
#39  G1 & G7 populating incorrectly
When entering bullets from the library, sometimes it doesn’t populate the correct drag model (G1 vs. G7).    I’m not sure how the logic works on this, but when selecting a (Litz) bullet from the library, 
it asks the user if they want the G1 or G7 BC.  I think these are all being handled correctly.  However if a user selects a non-(Litz) bullet, then it should populate the manufacturers advertised value, 
which is almost always a G1.  One instance this is being done incorrectly is the .30 caliber 175 grain Sierra MatchKing.  When the non-(Litz) bullet is selected from the library, it lists all the 
manufacturers G1 BC’s, but has the G7 drag model selected.  This is an error which leads to highly inaccurate results.

#41  Feature, Localization and implementation of comma instead of decimal options 
I also got a report from someone, presumably outside the US that says they’re phone and app are set up to work with commas instead of decimal places. When he types a comma in place of a decimal 
(such as ,308), the program should interpret that as .308, but it says 308. This will be a problem for all international and will need solved.

#42 Wind Speed - possible metric rounding issue
“For metric units only. When I type in a new wind speed on the environment screen and press done, the number shown is higher than what I entered. If I keep entering new values, the shown number 
keeps growing. ”  

#43 Add in H58 & H59 Reticle 
The Horus H58/59 reticle needs to be added to the reticle list.
These need added asap.

#44 Change text for user Operation option 
Change the word of Advance to Advanced within the user preferences for Operation Modes

#45 Click rounding - trajectory table 
In table view, when one of the columns is ‘clicks’ (this goes for HUD view as well), this should always be an integer. There’s no such thing as a fraction of a click, so it should not display 5.3 clicks, 
or even 5.0, just 5.

#46 Reticle Output - Out of Scope issue 
Also, when viewing trajectory in reticle output mode, often times (almost always) I see the text ‘out of scope’ in the middle of the reticle even though it’s showing me the full trajectory correctly. 
Please look at the conditions which cause the ‘out of scope’ text to appear and make it only appear when the solution truly is out of scope.

#49 Notes section update 
Hi Bryan
I discovered another minor problem with the iPhone version of the software.
When I add a bullet to the Ammunition List and input information into the notes section and press done it does not save that information I placed into the notes section. When I reopen the selected 
ammo for edit, The notes section is blank.
Just wanted to let you know so that the notes portion of the software can be looked at and determine why the notes are not being saved and then an update to the software can be made available.
Thanks – I’m really enjoy the app so far and it seems to be a lot better that some of the other ballistic apps that I have.

#50 Windage and Elevation display 
Most of this users feedback is being/has been addressed. Two good things he brings up are in the screenshots below. First, in the rifle profile, we're showing elevation as 0.1 MIL, 
but windage as 1/10 MIL adjustment. These should both be the same fractional display: 1/10th.

#51 Trajectory Table Update
Also, the trajectory graph is obviously wrong; see the discontinuity at 100 meters. He provides a screenshot from shooter showing how it should look.
per customer: "Strange things also happen with the trajectory, the table as well as the graph. I ran the same rifle and bullet with all other inputs identical through both AB and Shooter. Screen shots 
of the graphs included below.”

Another issue that's been addressed is the automatic atmosphere so this should work for everyone in the new build.

Thank you for helping us improve the app with your feedback. Remember that we add reticles based on user feedback, so if your reticle of choice isn't listed in the app, please email: [email protected] with your request and we'll add it to the list.

On bug reports, the more specific you are, the better we'll be able to address the issues. We don't always need a long report but the problem does need described in a way that allows us to recreate it. Comments like: "doesn't work on iPhone5" are not very helpful. The app obviously 'works' on iPhone5, although there are bugs which we're working to resolve.

Thank you and take care,
-Bryan

Checked for an update...... none available from Apple.

Still using Build 1.0.0

I sure wished you would have stated that the ios release was a beta version. You probably would have received more member help than member disappointment. Regretfully I am in the latter.

Applied Ballistics Mobile now available for iPhone

Hey guys - just noticed an update has uploaded.

Best news: I now have an almost perfect fit between my observed data from last day on a long range covering 9 different distances out to 1025 yards with SMK 175's on both G1 and G7. Outstanding.

New bug? While my scope is available, entered, set to 1/10th mil clicks I get the following:
1) HUD readings are in tenths of Mils with the correct click counts;
2) Reticle view is in MOA with the zero adjustment in Mils.
3) table view is in MOA.
4) Graph shows the left X axis in inches.

For now I'm happy with the HUD view but something is obviously set wrong. My scope that I selected is the Vortex Viper PST FFP mil mil with an EBR. Every time I go back to the edit rifle and check the scope selection it seems to default to Mildot

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
A major issue I am having with the Iphone version is the lack of ability to zoom in on the chart.
If you use less than 50 yard increments the numbers are so small you cannot see them.

I sure wished you would have stated that the ios release was a beta version. You probably would have received more member help than member disappointment. Regretfully I am in the latter.

Hi JVR,

We've been receiving a lot of great feedback and we're appreciative of all of it. We went through a number of rounds of BETA testing before releasing the application and worked out all issues that were noted in testing. The majority of the items here boil down to just a few major issues that we've corrected and are releasing the next version here shortly. The version that was released to the store was not a BETA version and we can assure you and the rest of the group here that those issues are being worked and addressed daily and that the fixes will get in there quickly.

The next version should be out shortly as we've done the submission and it addresses many of the items listed in this thread.

Thanks for your help.

-Nick

Hey guys - just noticed an update has uploaded.

Best news: I now have an almost perfect fit between my observed data from last day on a long range covering 9 different distances out to 1025 yards with SMK 175's on both G1 and G7. Outstanding.

New bug? While my scope is available, entered, set to 1/10th mil clicks I get the following:
1) HUD readings are in tenths of Mils with the correct click counts;
2) Reticle view is in MOA with the zero adjustment in Mils.
3) table view is in MOA.
4) Graph shows the left X axis in inches.

For now I'm happy with the HUD view but something is obviously set wrong. My scope that I selected is the Vortex Viper PST FFP mil mil with an EBR. Every time I go back to the edit rifle and check the scope selection it seems to default to Mildot

Hope this helps.

Thanks - we'll take a look at this and try to replicate it.

I'm still having the same issue after the update.
When adding ammo, the temp in the zero data field defaults to random figures, usually in the thousands when I hit done. I'm using Celsius.

I'd like to report that although the weather function works better, I'm still not able to get DA, and regular altitude.

This may be a dumb mistake somewhere, but I am not able to get the app to zero at the range I set.

I set my ammo zero at 100 yards, but when I go to the trajectory table, it says I need to adjust .4 moa down to get a 100 yard zero, and zero range is 135 yards.

This is not limited to ammo type, sight height, or the zero range I choose (e.g. 300 yards ammo zero = 309 yard trajectory zero)

Help would be appreciated, a few of my friends are having the same issue.

Last edited:
This may be a dumb mistake somewhere, but I am not able to get the app to zero at the range I set.

I set my ammo zero at 100 yards, but when I go to the trajectory table, it says I need to adjust .4 moa down to get a 100 yard zero, and zero range is 135 yards.

This is not limited to ammo type, sight height, or the zero range I choose (e.g. 300 yards ammo zero = 309 yard ammo zero)

Help would be appreciated, a few of my friends are having the same issue.

I'm having that problem as well. For example, after inputting a 200 yard zero on a 260 Remington load with 130g Berger VLDs, when I run the trajectory it tells me I am .7 MOA high at 200 yards, not zeroed.

I'm extreme happy to see the H58 reticle has been added.... Is seems to be working much better with the new update as well!!

Working fine for me.....make sure you don't have a wind speed & direction......mines tracking with the kestrel and will zero at 100, if I put in a 60mph 9 clock wind I see the wind induced jump on that order from my zero.

Working fine for me.....make sure you don't have a wind speed & direction......mines tracking with the kestrel and will zero at 100, if I put in a 60mph 9 clock wind I see the wind induced jump on that order from my zero.

Hmmm . . . looks like it is related to wind speed. I had it set to 10mph @ 90, that's apparently enough for a .7 or .8 jump (inches, not MOA as stated above), more than I would have thought. I'll play around with it some more, but it looks like he issue was my knowledge, not a bug. Thanks.