• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ar-15. First time buyer any opinions?

.260rem

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
va
Been thinking about buying an ar15 but dont know who makes a decent all around reliable one. Any help.

Re: Ar-15. First time buyer any opinions?

Now now
lets be charitable

Instead of " ad nauserm", as true as that may be, let's substitute "extensively"
smile.gif

Most of them are "decent" and reliable enough for what you will most likely use it for. Kind of depends on your price range and your interest in details after that.

Build your own...Seriously! There's nothing to it. Start with a barreled upper from Bravo Company and a self-assembled lower of your choice. I built my first one in under an hour with no problems.

I couldn't be more pleased with my Rock River Preditor Pursuit. It shoots well under the 3/4" promise and the trigger is excellent right out of the box not requiring a change which is more than I can say about Colts and Bushmasters I've owned. Regards

Since this is going to go on even though this question has been asked and asked.

I would look at Daniel Defense, Noveske, BCM, Centurion arms, High Caliber Sales, MSTN as my list of go to AR folks.

I've owned Bushmaster and Rock River,have Colts at work and get the opportunity to fire many brands/designs.

Answer depends on what you want to use it for and how much are you willing to spend.

I'm like KAZ (above). I'm very happy with my Rock River.

I'm very happy with my Daniel Defense AR. And would also consider lmt, colt, noveske, and bravo company.

Daniel Defense or Bravo Company

I've heard and read good things about the Sig Sauer 516. Anything by Sig is usually pretty good. I love my Sig P220
smile.gif

I would suggest getting ahold of specialized dynamics. The owner is great to do bussiness with and will make the AR specific to your needs. His name is Scott and his prices are very nice!

Spikes Tactical...check the specs and interweb the reviews. For the money...hard to beat. Not in stock HERE but look around, you'll find one.

It helps to provide a little more information about what your plans are for the rifle...
Is it for home defense, tactical or carbine classes, competition, hunting, duty weapon or just a range gun?
Take a look at this read thru page 10 or less you'll find alot of information that may guide you in the right direction. It did for me... http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?81462-So-you-want-to-buy-an-AR-15-huh
Good luck on your build or buying!