• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Lube?

Another vote for ALG Go Juice. It seems to hold up fine in the moon dust in my area.

I still have a whole tub of Frog Lube from when I didn't know better. I should probably just eat it.

Reactions: Davo308
i use Triflow strictly for my AR platforms.

ALG gojuice for pistols and bolt gun bolt lube

I've also been using this with good results. I haven't tried it in extreme temperatures, but it seems to work well without gumming up. And it'a good oil manufacturer to boot.
View attachment 7598440
This is what I use. I use to use FP-10 and ballistol and they both worked as well. The Lucas oil just “feels” slicker IMO. But honestly they all probably work the same. Just got to keep them lubed. Lots of guys at my range use and love Freedom Lube.

marvel.jpg

I just finished one little experiment with the Polydyn 2A lube. Also put it on several SLR AGB's, but haven't had a chance to put any rounds through them yet. I've been more bolt gun focused lately.

For this one I figured what the hell I'll coat my Brake after cleaning it.
Pictured below are 2 brakes with 140 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor through them.
The 4 port was coated with a very light coat of the 2A & 50-60 of the 140 rounds were shot in the rain at a PRS match yesterday. I didn't even wipe it off (gun is filthy).
The 3 port Hellfire was never shot in the rain or even in damp conditions.

You can draw your own conclusions.

The gun wouldn't group with factor Berger 140 Hybrids with the Hellfire, but loves them with this 4 port.

IMG_6198.jpg
IMG_6199.jpg
IMG_6200.jpg
IMG_6201.jpg
IMG_6202.jpg

I know this has been asked in the past but just wanted to see if there was anything new I should be considering. What is everyones favorite AR lube? Are Slip 2000 and TW25B still considered top end stuff?
Lucas, Hoppes Elite, and in a pinch mobile one. I don't like rem oil or CLP. Do not use wd40. as lubricant in a firearm. it works good for cleaning parts some times though.

AtomLube

Conducted a wear study on industrial machinery and this stuff is awesome. Their gun oil soaks into the metal and you can visually see it

Found the gun oil link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davo308
AtomLube

conducted a wear study on industrial machinery and this stuff is awesome. Their gun oil (not listed for some reason but they still make it) soaks into the metal.

They appear to make drone oil too.

Didn't know that was a thing.

AtomLube

Conducted a wear study on industrial machinery and this stuff is awesome. Their gun oil soaks into the metal and you can visually see it

Found the gun oil link.

You lost me at "soaks into the metal"; oil doesn't soak into metal unless maybe it's a porous casting. They might make the best stuff in the world, but comments like that discredit everything you've said on the topic. Care to clarify what you meant there?

You lost me at "soaks into the metal"; oil doesn't soak into metal unless maybe it's a porous casting. They might make the best stuff in the world, but comments like that discredit everything you've said on the topic. Care to clarify what you meant there?
All materials are porous at some molecular level. The reason this stuff works (or so they claim) is that some of the molecules are smaller than the average porosity of metal allowing it to “go into the metal”. AKA nano-lubricants or micro-lubricants. It is similar to what zmax does.

I always use CLP for everything never had an issue in any of my guns including ar's.

Reactions: Moose
All materials are porous at some molecular level. The reason this stuff works (or so they claim) is that some of the molecules are smaller than the average porosity of metal allowing it to “go into the metal”. AKA nano-lubricants or micro-lubricants. It is similar to what zmax does.

They disperse the the particles in the oil and the particles sit on the surface. A lot of the benefit of "nano" is the layer density or packing of the molecules. Just remember most things you read about products are developed by marketing and they love to stretch the "truths" of the product to show how "unique" their product is.

The Polydyn stuff sounds neat.

BUT!

All these "torture test" videos comparing different gun oils at high heat are ridiculous. I couldn't care less if one oil is only good to 300* and another is good to 800* (or whatever). It just doesn't matter, and it does NOT mean that the higher temp oil is better for our uses.

We're talking about lubrication inside an AR receiver here; if it reaches even 200* it's already causing serious burns on your hands. Think about that for a second; you're not going to keep shooting a rifle at temps that literally can cook your hands and face, and that's still way lower temperature than reviews like that video. So why should we care if one oil cooks off faster at temperatures far higher than the rifle will ever see?
We're not trying to lubricate the muzzle of a machine gun barrel or body of a suppressor; we're lubricating parts that rarely (if ever) get too hot to touch.

Way too many videos get posted comparing oils in various environments that have nothing at all to do with the purpose of the oil, and lots of people believe them like it means something. People need to start thinking for themselves more, about this stuff and a lot of other things. Sorry for the rant, but idiot reviews and snake-oil advertising rub me the wrong way.

Show me videos that test wear at room temperature, or thickening in cold temperatures - then we can actually talk about something useful.
^^^^^^^^^This is spades.

And as for IROC, those races were never really long enough to make much of a comparison to the other engines that ran 500 miles or so (now plus all the qualifying & practice which is all on the race day engine too).

MM

I got a free bottle of ALG Go Juice with some handguards a few years back and it's all I've used ever since. I works like a champ in freezing temps to 100°+.

Something to think about.
Where does “gun oil” come from?
No refinery in the world spools up to make a batch of gun oil.
The guys being derided for mixing stuff to make their own blend are on the right track. What ”gun oil” do you think you are buying off the shelf? Material Safety Data Sheet MSDS is your friend and provides clues. Government or industry contract sales will require one.
After looking into it a bit, most gun oil is either;
—rebranded/relabeled automotive or industrial lubricants for an additional revenue stream
OR
—a barrel of motor oil blended with a choice of gear lubes, ATF, Marvel, or whatever else the “Manufacturer“ likes at the moment. Fill cute little packages with nifty labels slapped on the outside and go to market. *Clue* probably no MSDS or the the paperwork is a combination of every ingredient thrown together. Not saying it is not going to do the job. Some really talented guys researched their blends to achieve a realistic expectation. We are mostly experimenters here ourselves.

Use whatever you like and turns you on. Just be real. Most of what you are buying is MARKETING and PACKAGING. Follow the money. Use your brain. The truth will set you free.
Respectfully, Matagorda308 aka The Revolting Peasant

Something to think about.
Where does “gun oil” come from?
No refinery in the world spools up to make a batch of gun oil.
The guys being derided for mixing stuff to make their own blend are on the right track. What ”gun oil” do you think you are buying off the shelf? Material Safety Data Sheet MSDS is your friend and provides clues. Government or industry contract sales will require one.
After looking into it a bit, most gun oil is either;
—rebranded/relabeled automotive or industrial lubricants for an additional revenue stream
OR
—a barrel of motor oil blended with a choice of gear lubes, ATF, Marvel, or whatever else the “Manufacturer“ likes at the moment. Fill cute little packages with nifty labels slapped on the outside and go to market. *Clue* probably no MSDS or the the paperwork is a combination of every ingredient thrown together. Not saying it is not going to do the job. Some really talented guys researched their blends to achieve a realistic expectation. We are mostly experimenters here ourselves.

Use whatever you like and turns you on. Just be real. Most of what you are buying is MARKETING and PACKAGING. Follow the money. Use your brain. The truth will set you free.
Respectfully, Matagorda308 aka The Revolting Peasant

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

don't want to offend anyone but I always felt the old addage, 'a sucker born everyday' applies to anyone who buys 'gun oil' and does not use mobil 1 or the like.

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostFace
I've also been using this with good results. I haven't tried it in extreme temperatures, but it seems to work well without gumming up. And it'a good oil manufacturer to boot.
View attachment 7598440
I use the same on my AR and handguns, can't vouch for its cold weather performance but I've never had a problem in the heat.