• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10T and Suppressor

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Planning on running a suppressor on my AR10T, but unsure of the gas system.

Looks like a lot of guys are running suppressors and not messing with the gas system.

Bought a Armalite Adjustable Gas block and tube assembly. Didn't think it would bolt up to my rifle due to the fact that I have a SWS E1 installed, and it doesn't.

My question is this, is it necessary to even mess with the gas system when running a suppressor on this rifle? My guess is that yes is the answer, but thought I would ask.

Can swap out my forearm assembly for something different, but really like the SWS E1. Not enough meat in the forearm of the SWS to machine it out.

Any input on suppressed AR10T's would greatly be appriciated. BTW, I haven't threaded the barrel yet, but when I do, I plan on cutting it down to 20".

Thanks fellas.

Re: AR10T and Suppressor

I would say no, unless you plan on maybe getting a class 3 and making it select fire. I've got a aac cyclone on the way rite now and I just went through the same thing. But if you do want to change it for the heck of it try calling noveske about thiers I'm pretty sure it will fit that set up.

What will? Change the forearm, didn't see that they offered one for that cut out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say no, unless you plan on maybe getting a class 3 and making it select fire. I've got a aac cyclone on the way rite now and I just went through the same thing. But if you do want to change it for the heck of it try calling noveske about thiers I'm pretty sure it will fit that set up. </div></div>
    How would you change that to Class 3 and why would that matter on the Suppressor?

FWIW, I have an AAC 762SD on an 18" barreled AR-10. Gas coming out of the ejection port is not excessive and I don't feel that the adjustable gas block is essential to the functioning of this combination.

good luck
    al

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What will? Change the forearm, didn't see that they offered one for that cut out.</div></div>

He is talking about the adjustable gas block and I'm not sure if they list it on there website but im sure they would give you all the imformation on it if you call them up

eti: http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/switchblock/ this is the info i could find on it for you

I run an AAC 762-SD on an armalite with a 16 inch barrel without an adjustable gas block. It works well but the rifle gets really nasty really fast. I would think you might have problems after 20-30 rounds. I use mine for hunting so I never really get to 20 rounds before it is cleaned.

I would personally love to have one on my weapon but it isnt required.

It wouldn't run 100 rounds between cleanings? What about added recoil to it. I have heard that can be pretty hard on one.

Thanks for the info fellas.

no,no I have run 100's of rounds before cleaning. You WILL have to clean it more though, it will get dirty way faster suppressed.

Definitely will get dirty way faster, although you should be able to shoot it pretty much the same - just takes a little more to clean it up.
    If anything, it should reduce felt recoil.
    And you don't NEED an adjustable gas block.

Don't think Noveske is putting out the Switchblock for anything but .223 yet, but they say the ar10 version is coming.

Maybe a JP Enterprises block if they make one for ar10? Don't know if it would fit your application, but their .223 block is slick so a .308 version would be,too. Everything they make is slick!

Thought if I could run the adjustable unit it may be easier on brass, etc. And the gun.

Factory 24" barrel. Thinking I want to cut it to 20". Any accuracy issues out to 750 with doing so? Mostly shooting 168gr FGMM.

Just don't want to tank the gun. It shoots well as it is, and thought I would really like it suppressed.

What about a different buffer tube and spring? Any suggestions there?

only shot my 21" too 500yards. I was shooting a 2 1/2" 5 shot groups. I do not have an adjustable gas block, buffer, spring etc are all the normal stuff.