• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar15/Ar10 Gas Tube Blank

sdman11890

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2011
Highland, IN
Does anyone know if someone sells gas tubes without a port drilled? I have an over gassed AR10 with a proprietary gas block that doesnt have any adjustment. I put as much weight as I could in the buffer and spring but it is still over gassed w/ and w/o a suppressor (KGM).

I need a rifle length gas tube without an offset because of how thick the barrel is. BRT makes customer gas tubes but I was hoping to avoid paying $50 for a $10 part. Ideally I would drill a .050" hole to start and size it up in .005 or similar increments until the gun locked back on an empty mag unsuppressed.

Does anyone know if someone sells gas tubes without a port drilled? I have an over gassed AR10 with a proprietary gas block that doesnt have any adjustment. I put as much weight as I could in the buffer and spring but it is still over gassed w/ and w/o a suppressor (KGM).

I need a rifle length gas tube without an offset because of how thick the barrel is. BRT makes customer gas tubes but I was hoping to avoid paying $50 for a $10 part. Ideally I would drill a .050" hole to start and size it up in .005 or similar increments until the gun locked back on an empty mag unsuppressed.

Just buy a basic adjustable gas block and a strait gas tube from WOA, ever heard " a penny wise and a pound foolish??

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
BRT used to sell a kit called a "Custom Tune", which was an old trick that is easy to DIY (probably why they stop selling them). It's mostly for gas blocks with 10-32 set-screws, but can work with other types. If you already have tooling/supplies, the cost is the price of one 10-32 set-screw. You basically tap the gas passage of the gas block that connects the gas port to the gas tube and install a set-screw with the correct size hole through it. There's some tricks if interested.

Reactions: sdman11890
Just buy a basic adjustable gas block and a strait gas tube from WOA, ever heard " a penny wise and a pound foolish??
Draco’s barrels don’t accept regular gas blocks. It’s a keyed proprietary unit. I think BRT is going to be the option but wanted to make sure I was not missing something available

BRT used to sell a kit called a "Custom Tune", which was an old trick that is easy to DIY (probably why they stop selling them). It's mostly for gas blocks with 10-32 set-screws, but can work with other types. If you already have tooling/supplies, the cost is the price of one 10-32 set-screw. You basically tap the gas passage of the gas block that connects the gas port to the gas tube and install a set-screw with the correct size hole through it. There's some tricks if interested.
I was looking at that too. Liability of some sort it sounds like stopped those from rolling off the assembly line. I might try making my own with some set screws. Tomorrows project

Draco’s barrels don’t accept regular gas blocks. It’s a keyed proprietary unit. I think BRT is going to be the option but wanted to make sure I was not missing something available
That would have helped to know it was Draco's barrel in your OP, anyway your best bet is probably to have a adjustable gas key on your BCG installed.

Reactions: sdman11890