• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Coup de Grace Builds

My scope bell to barrel distance is irrelevant. I have to be able to put my face on the gun naturally and comfortably with my eyes closed, and be center in the eye box when I open them, every single time. Where that puts the scope in relation to the barrel couldn't matter any less, so long as they aren't occupying the same real estate.

To be fair, the thinking on scope height has changed completely in the past 10-12 years. Back in 2009, I posted a picture of my first fun rifle, a DPMS LR308 and was ridiculed for having my scope set too high. So I did some reading.

Convention at that time was you needed the scope as close to the barrel as possible for maximum accuracy. A left over perhaps of hunting rifle or “sniper” lore.

So I got lower rings. I’ve since changed back to higher rings. Being as I use prescription glasses a more face straight up position helps greatly.

I put medium mdt elite rings which are 1 in. on mine with the 56mm xrs3 and have decent amount of space between scope and barrel. Enough for some scope caps but not much more... so about perfect i think.
I think so too. No point in making the cheek riser higher than it needs to be. I like mine like this:
IMG_0317.jpeg

Last edited:
From what we’re seeing here, it wouldn’t surprise me. The AW does present the round a bit higher than the AICS in an AW cut action.
I'm gonna raw dog my CDG this week with a Nucleus cut barrel. See reports of 308 feeding just fine. Friend of mine showed me a video of his feeding slick. Hopefully .284 feeds slick too. If not, the 7mm barrel goes on the Nuke and I get a PVA coned something. :p

Reactions: Boatninja and lash
Speaking of. Anyone want to trade me a black knob for a new, never used red one?

You know what would have gone well with that?

A red bolt knob. 😁
Yeah I had thought I ordered it but I hadnt on any of the three orders... She is a pig at 17lbs.. I might take so of the extra weights off it after I shoot it a few times and then see which weights I like or feel better with..

I might have to wax her before I head out to keep it from getting sunburnt.. Lol... Next one I might do red with Blue eyes as those redheads are rare.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
Yeah I had thought I ordered it but I hadnt on any of the three orders... She is a pig at 17lbs.. I might take so of the extra weights off it after I shoot it a few times and then see which weights I like or feel better with..

I might have to wax her before I head out to keep it from getting sunburnt.. Lol... Next one I might do red with Blue eyes as those redheads are rare.
Did the AW mag have any issues fitting? is that the mpa comp?

Got the barrel for CDG #1 spun up and coated today. 24" Proof Heavy Palma in the Solus chassis until I decide what it's going to live in. Did have to clearance for the front and rear of the trigger hanger.
Did the cdg fit in the solus without fitment?

I get it. It’s actually a minor fitment and should not require a smith. Unless you rank yourself as level one novice.

Level one: no tools allowed in the house per spouse’s request. 😁

There’s a Nuke thread, where?
Many, at first glance. Only one CDG Build thread though, but if we're gonna just start throwing random builds in here too, I've a couple pics I can add.

Many, at first glance. Only one CDG Build thread though, but if we're gonna just start throwing random builds in here too, I've a couple pics I can add.
It was a mistake. I don't like contamination of threads either. Thought I was sending in a PM. Realized the error in 10 seconds and deleted. You monitor the site very closely.

does it make sense to get a cdg over a nucleus/origin if im just running aics mags?
I haven't tried using aics mags in either my CDG builds, but my Nuc, Origin and Archimedes run fantastic from ARC aics mags. I even run 22br and 6bra from the arc aics mags(no kits or modifications) and they've been very reliable.

Did the AW mag have any issues fitting? is that the mpa comp?
Yes its very loose so I ordered the little spacer that goes in above the Mag release.. But they fit my MDT chassis perfect.

Dumb question... Installed the PVA Barrel and torqued to 75lbs ... The laser engraving at the Brake is not totally at the 12 oclock position. Should it be? Headspace I checked and it was good.

Yes its very loose so I ordered the little spacer that goes in above the Mag release.. But they fit my MDT chassis perfect.

Dumb question... Installed the PVA Barrel and torqued to 75lbs ... The laser engraving at the Brake is not totally at the 12 oclock position. Should it be? Headspace I checked and it was good.
100+

Reactions: CaptNkllm
Finally got some kind of stock or chassis to put my CDG in.

A few things to note: trigger hanger has no problem fitting in a JAE-700 Gen II. No modification necessary.

The barrel on this is a .308 Savage factory take off barrel so it does not have a coned breech face, I only have AICS mags at the moment and only have 155 ELD Palma's loaded (and some Tula and ZQI) all feed fine from the magazine without the coned face. Perhaps longer bullets will give me trouble, but so far no problem.

PXL_20230727_163820263.jpg

PXL_20230727_163836448.jpg

PXL_20230727_163906073.jpg

PXL_20230727_163913715.jpg

PXL_20230727_163934300.jpg

PXL_20230727_163948790.jpg

little spacer dont see it available at MPA site? would the adjustable mag lever work instead?

They guesstimated the location the best they could without having a action to get measurements.

Answer in above post. I brought this up about 20 pages back, How far off 12:00 did it land.

Pics?

little spacer dont see it available at MPA site? would the adjustable mag lever work instead?
Sorry I lied... Messed with it a little more.. the flat bar piece on the mag release moved and it wouldnt catch but after I adjusted it... its fine now.. So the ruber Shim isnt needed... I havnt Ran it yet.. 101 degrees in the garage so tomorrow I will mess with it..

I thought i was in the CDG thread, instead of the build thread. Im a old fart, cut me a break. But how how far off 12:00 did it land.

Sorry I lied... Messed with it a little more.. the flat bar piece on the mag release moved and it wouldnt catch but after I adjusted it... its fine now.. So the ruber Shim isnt needed... I havnt Ran it yet.. 101 degrees in the garage so tomorrow I will mess with it..
Sorry to bother you again about the MPA. Do you have the MDT ACC elite and the MPA too? If so do you think the extra 600 dollars is worth it

22” proof comp contour .223 AI.
Foundation MG2 dark distressed.
TT diamond
SiCo omega
Gen III razor
ARC rings.

Sent a few rounds through it just to see how it functioned. Was pretty damn quiet. Still need to modify mag latch to get mags reliable.
IMG_3779.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3780.jpeg
    IMG_3780.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 127