• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Coup de Grace Builds

What scope ring height are yall using? I should get my rifle in the next week or two and I'm trying to get ahead on ordering rings.

I'll be using a Bushnell XRS3 (34mm tube, 56mm obj), an MPA ESR chassis, and ARC rings. I want to have the scope high enough to use a 1.250" straight barrel, although I have a light Palma contour on order. I'm think the 1.26" rings seem about right, or should I go with the medium 1.10" rings?
im using seelins 1.26, feels about right so far

Got my new build out to the range today for load and tuner testing.
CDG Long Action in 300 PRC
30" 1:9 tw Bartlein barrel
MDT ACC Premier Chassis
Atlas BT-35 Bipod w/A419 Arcalock mount
Long Shot Precision Adjustable Bag Rider
Send It Level
ATS Barrel Tuner
TBAC Muzzle Brake
ZCO 5-27

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Tuner test target. Two shots on each position. Looks like position 12 on the tuner is best. Shot it that way 3 times to verify. Very pleased with this so far considering I was using virgin brass.

IMG_0810.jpg

Are you guys using a universal bore guide's? I presume with the larger bolt diameter there are no specific ones yet?

Are you guys using a universal bore guide's? I presume with the larger bolt diameter there are no specific ones yet?

Mike Lucas has been making CDG specific bore guides for months now. I ordered and received one before my action arrived.

No idea what other vendors are out there, but I'm sure there's something that works. CDG bolt diameter is 20.8mm, and the bore guide will need a cut to clear the ejector.

I bought my bore guides from Mike Lucas. He makes them specific to an action, chambering, and cleaning rod diameter.

They're really nice. Ordering from him is a little odd because it's all by email and he only accepts check or money order.

Reactions: Ichi

PMA Tool is another option. Got mine from them early on. Just had to give him the action bolt diameter specs, which he has now so you won't need to worry about that. He made some for others here too. But might have to tell him about the ejector clearance, because I got mine before we knew about that (no actions were out in the wild at the time). Just had to put a groove down the side of mine for clearance, but I'm sure he can make it that way if he knows. Maybe he already does.

Reactions: DubfromGA and Ichi
Can we see the whole thing?
No!

Hah, yeah. I’ll get some decent pics later. I was in a hurry.

I swear I got the same Pumpkin Spice comments when I did this Shadow 2 a few years back. As an Aussie, I was wondering what all the yanks on Brianenos were going on about 😂. “Pumpkin Spice” isn’t a thing outside of the US as far as I can tell.

A07DBE87-900E-4F5C-B195-BE1894025AD2.jpeg

No!

Hah, yeah. I’ll get some decent pics later. I was in a hurry.

I swear I got the same Pumpkin Spice comments when I did this Shadow 2 a few years back. As an Aussie, I was wondering what all the yanks on Brianenos were going on about 😂. “Pumpkin Spice” isn’t a thing outside of the US as far as I can tell.

View attachment 8248025
Well PS is shit so you’re not missing anything. 😁

Reactions: lash
CDG
PVA Fluted 22GT with Jetblast
G6 Whiskey 3 Folder
Zeiss S3 6-36
ARC Mbrace
TT Special

Just have to decide what forend to run (this, Alpha, Totalhunter) and then I’ll coat the rest.

View attachment 8249074

View attachment 8249075
I like it except for the top scope mount caps, they seem out of place to me but it could just be the picture. The mag release is really cool, where did you find that piece?

Reactions: Hennig
I like it except for the top scope mount caps, they seem out of place to me but it could just be the picture. The mag release is really cool, where did you find that piece?
Aesthetics, of course, are in the eye of the beholder. Put 10 guys in separate rooms and the same setup and instruct them to decorate according to their vision. You’ll end up with ten different results, even if some are sort of similar.

Aesthetics, of course, are in the eye of the beholder. Put 10 guys in separate rooms and the same setup and instruct them to decorate according to their vision. You’ll end up with ten different results, even if some are sort of similar.
100%

I started doing quirky and different stuff on my own builds once I really stopped caring what other people thought of them, and now they’re all my favorite schemes. Whenever I do stuff to resell, I stick to the normal browns, greens and greys.

When I first saw the CDG renders I was instantly thinking about how the aesthetic leant itself to an old coppery bronzey art deco kinda look.

100%

I started doing quirky and different stuff on my own builds once I really stopped caring what other people thought of them, and now they’re all my favorite schemes. Whenever I do stuff to resell, I stick to the normal browns, greens and greys.

When I first saw the CDG renders I was instantly thinking about how the aesthetic leant itself to an old coppery bronzey art deco kinda look.
Steampunk(ish) with the Xylo, Nuke, CDG. The movie, "Rocketman" comes to mind with the motif/set props/dress.

Reactions: Hennig and lash
Well got my second barrel from Pva (ups “lost” my first one).

Bolt closes on go, and no-go.

My torque wrench only goes up to 100ft -lbs. was wondering if that could be it. The action wrench has 100-150 ft-lbs.

• Wow
Reactions: DubfromGA

My torque wrench only goes up to 100ft -lbs. was wondering if that could be it. The action wrench has 100-150 ft-lbs.
There are a few that have already gone through this exact thing. Add two layers of scotch tape on the no go gage and see.

There are a few that have already gone through this exact thing. Add two layers of scotch tape on the no go gage and see.
My bad. Was it in the other thread? I read all 9 pages before I asked that question. 😁

My bad. Was it in the other thread? I read all 9 pages before I asked that question. 😁
No bad. I can’t remember between one and the other thread either, so there’s that. I guess it must have been. I’m sure that somebody will pipe up about it soon enough.

I do remember at least two cases of exactly what you’re experiencing and doing the tape thing worked. It works sort of like a field gage. You can verify that way and if all is okay, load and shoot. If not, give PVA a call.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Can anyone comment on the correct mag latch spec for the CDG with a Xylo chassis for AICS vs AIAW? I have a short mag and a BRA barrel coming so I’m assuming I will use both, just curious.

I recall in the other thread a few people had barrels that closed on a no-go gauge, but would not close with a couple thousandths worth of tape on the back. It put the headspace somewhere longer than no-go but shorter than a field gauge, which is inside SAAMI spec.

Reactions: lb6r and lash
Just built up a 338LM for a friend. Barrel finished at 25" with a pretty heavy profile to keep the weight up a bit for target shooting. Put it in a Bravo with some minor fitting to make room for the CdG and triggertech.

mhXZHOK.jpeg
how does this thing feed? I am going to be doing either a 338 LM or 300 Norma build and am interested in feeding with the Lapua bolt

Picked up my SA from my FFL this afternoon. Ordered from Preferred Barrels and got it in just over a month.

Build specs:
RH SA 20 MOA rail
PBB 24" Light Palma 6mm Creedmoor barrel
MPA ESR chassis
Geissele Super 700 trigger
Silencerco Harvester Evo on Area 419 hellfire adapter
Bushnell XRS3 in ARC M-brace 1.26" rings

I painted the chassis with some leftover Rhodesian-style paint from a kit made by Arizona Response Systems. It didn't adhere to the chassis' cerakote well so it'll be a short term look.

Attachments

• 20231024_214348.jpg
    20231024_214348.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: DubfromGA and lash
how does this thing feed? I am going to be doing either a 338 LM or 300 Norma build and am interested in feeding with the Lapua bolt
We are hoping to go test this week, however it feels great just cycling through a mag full of 338LM.

Std Xylo latch for the AW & you'll need to order their short latch for the AICS.
Could you tell me where to get the short latch? After looking on their website for it I am only seeing the standard latch as well as the 0.030 longer latch. Under the CDG compatibility it also states to use a shorter latch but I’m having trouble finding it.

Could you tell me where to get the short latch? After looking on their website for it I am only seeing the standard latch as well as the 0.030 longer latch. Under the CDG compatibility it also states to use a shorter latch but I’m having trouble finding it.
I think you’ll just need to order a spare std. latch & then fit it/shorten it for AICS. Should require + - .030 removed.

Reactions: Ichi
Not a great photo, but my CDG rifle is just about completed.

CDG action - LRI built
1:7 K&P 1.25 straight barrel 25" 6.5cm (planning to run 144 berger's on RL 16)
419 Hellfire Match brake
TT Special straight
Manners TCS black carbon high gloss
Leupold MK 5 7-35
Accuracy international AIAW mags (I ordered an extra mag lever and filed it down)
Badger Ordnance Condition 1 mount (I have a vortex 4000 on layaway that will sit on top)

IMG_8384.jpg

Picked up my MPA earlier this week. Won't be able to get to the range until this weekend unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_20231108_160742419.jpg
    IMG_20231108_160742419.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20231108_151441625_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231108_151441625_HDR.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 159